Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 6:29 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Even though I am Catholic, I have often wondered what happened to Adam and Eve after they got kicked out of the Garden Of Eden. Can anyone explain?

They lived quietly in Pasadena, and avoided all publicity.

Just kidding.

Just crack the Bible to Genesis 4. After the expulsion they begat a bunch of kids. Including a certain pair of brothers: Cain and Abel. Cain invented murder- by practicing it on Abel.Cain got expelled from the tribe. So the trouble didnt stop with the Apple fiasco. Then the Bible goes into the "begats"- all of that stuff about the linneage of the early partriarchs: each one lived a couple centuries before "begetting" their most famous son, and then each lived almost 700 years after that. Then the most famous son lived to be 200 and begat the next guy, and so on. This list of 900 year old guys begetting sons goes on for a long time in Genesis Five.

Then by Genesis 6, when humans are starting to seriously populate the world it gets REALLY wierd: The "sons of God" (who ever they are) get turned on by seeing "the daughters of men" and start to knock up some of the daughters, and the result is "men of renown".

Adam and Eve pass away finnally (each in their late 800's), but the human saga continues (Tower of Babel, Flood. Abraham, etc). Then Genisis ends and it time for Exodus.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 6:52 pm

The book of Enoch, admitted from the Bible talks more about these giants who are the sons of God...Ie alien races that some have equated to. Also, what about Gnosticism? What about Lilith? Speaking of aliens though, if you want an interesting religion you can equate to alien; look into Sumerian. In terms of what gods I myself have an affinity for, mine is Odin. Unlike Jehovah, whom seeks to suppress know; Odin gave his eye to gain knowledge. Also from time to time he's said to come to Earth and teach men, while taking different forms.

drlaugh
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 8:25 pm

I am guessing there is much written about Superman the only Son sent by his Father and other parallels.
Perhaps even a college thesis or two.

Shalom...