Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 2:55 am

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/20/donald-trump-assassination-attempt-las-vegas-rally

A British citizen, at the Trump rally in Las Vegas, tries to grab the gun of a police officer, to kill Trump. A few days ago, he went to learn how to shoot. He said if he were back on the street tomorrow, he'd try to kill Trump again. He's been here, in the U.S., for a year-and-a-half, and has wanted to kill Trump for about a year. He is NINETEEN!!

I say: "We've got enough crazies----time for you to go home (to the U.K.)!"

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 4:24 am

I must be having reading problems. Nowhere in the article do I see the words terrorism or terrorist.

I wonder what religion Michael Steven Sandford is and why the words terrorism or terrorist are not used ...

:arrow: I await Trump's demand to bar entry to the US for Brits. Temporarily, of course.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 4:27 am

And I would second that. Stop all immigration at this time - especially during the election.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:11 am

Quote:
And I would second that. Stop all immigration at this time - especially during the election.

That's you, but you're not the incipient Republican presidential nominee.

Trump is.

And I stress that incipient Republican presidential nominee Trump will not call for a ban on British immigration, not even a temporary one. It would violate Trump's execrable racism to do so.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:45 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
I must be having reading problems. Nowhere in the article do I see the words terrorism or terrorist.

I wonder what religion Michael Steven Sandford is and why the words terrorism or terrorist are not used ...

:arrow: I await Trump's demand to bar entry to the US for Brits. Temporarily, of course.

Rather disingenuous comment. ONE Brit in ? how many? Ans we don't have them in steady unvetted stream . And Islam.... is NOT a Race.

(If you really want to know Islam go to http://liveuptofreedom.com/ Real answers from a former Iranian child bride. )

And I wait to hear more as well. There are plenty of his own politicians to kill during Brexit and unlike Obama[ Trump has not been there tellin them to stay or go. I am curious how a 19 year old that has time to pull such a stunt and yet still had the money in this economy to come here and get a gun, a class and go to Vegas to try.
I don't see my finance from Poland but once a year because the prohibited cost and arrange time off. He is from upper middle class family and works in IT.

Maybe he is lazy sot that was fired from that Golf course in Scotland. He has been here planning this a?year? Bet tighter HB1 would have made that less possible. How the heck he supporting himself if not student exchange?

Last edited by gingerpickles on 21 Jun 2016, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 5:50 am

PS
can we say............. SOROS? nah.... neva right.

If he had been successful he was counting on THIS:

Quote:
In English law, where murder and manslaughter are concerned, the English court has jurisdiction over offences committed abroad, if it was committed by a British citizen (see s9 Offences Against The Person Act 1861 (OAP) and s3 British Nationality Act 1948). In R v Cheong (2006) AER (D) 385 the appellant was living in Guyana in 1983. He shot and killed a man who had just robbed his wife and sister-in-law. Under local law he was charged only with the unlicensed possession of a firearm; but as a British citizen, s9 OAP Act 1861 applied when he returned to England and he was charged with murder.
(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_ ... nal_courts )

and ohhh look jjusssst grrreat:
Quote:
r Fraley, his assigned public defender, said Sandford appeared to be competent. She said he hadn't been diagnosed with a mental illness but that he has autism and previously attempted suicide. He doesn't have a job.

Sanford's mother told court researchers that he was treated for obsessive compulsive disorder and anorexia when he was younger, and that he once ran away from a hospital in England, according to the public defender.

Fraley argued that Sandford should go to a halfway house because he didn't have a criminal history, but the judge said he should stay in detention ahead of a July 5 court date.

Agents said Sandford told them he had been in the U.S. for about a year and a half, lived in Hoboken, New Jersey, and drove to the San Bernardino, California, area before coming to Las Vegas on June 16.

Sandford told officers he was convinced he would die in the assassination attempt. He said he also reserved a ticket for a Trump rally in Phoenix, scheduled for later Saturday, as a backup plan.
Autism defense in 3..... 2 .....

and edit: Ohhh Look "He was in the country illegally, his visa having expired. He had been living out of his car in California for a month, according to CNN affiliate KSNV." I still say IMPORT disgruntled. Lel like what what happen? If caught under any president. He would be deported back to his 3rd world hellhole ? (lol lol lol) The UK? But I bet he came on a HB1 Visa... I bet 5 dolla!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 6:37 am

Dear God, please don't let him have been a member of WrongPlanet!

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:13 am

Quote:
Brexit and unlike Obama[ Trump has not been there tellin them to stay or go.

Trump backs British exit from the European Union

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:29 am

Quote:
Dear God, please don't let him have been a member of WrongPlanet!

I'm guessing most Muslims make a similar prayer whenever they hear of some moron shooting up some place.

Maybe the thought that this Brit could theoretically be a member of WrongPlanet should give pause to some here.

The important thing to remember, however, is that if even if he were a member of WrongPlanet, or even from its leadership, that would not give any cause to anyone here to have to apologize for it, nor to experience negative legal consequences over it.

I certainly wouldn't apologize. We wouldn't be responsible for it. And that, I'm sure, is the attitude quietly held by Muslims who feel they're being called upon to apologize for something not of their own doing. Appalled, of course, but the "You're either with us or you're with the terrorists" is the sort of poisonous thinking that has backfired so badly.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:39 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
... The important thing to remember, however, is that if even if he were a member of WrongPlanet, or even from its leadership, that would not give any cause to anyone here to have to apologize for it, nor to experience negative legal consequences over it.

I certainly wouldn't apologize. We wouldn't be responsible for it. And that, I'm sure, is the attitude quietly held by Muslims who feel they're being called upon to apologize for something not of their own doing. Appalled, of course, but the "You're either with us or you're with the terrorists" is the sort of poisonous thinking that has backfired so badly.
"Shared Guilt" is a collectivist fantasy that is used fallaciously to absolve murderers of guilt by blaming the society they came from, instead of the murderer who pulls the trigger.

My concern is more along the lines of incurring greater scrutiny of each member here by the authorities, and harassment from trolls and other outsiders who might be looking for a collection of people to blame for society's ills.

"Looka dem azbees ... plottin an planning an terrerizin onist peepul ..." :roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 8:58 am

]

Quote:
My concern is more along the lines of incurring greater scrutiny of each member here by the authorities, and harassment from trolls and other outsiders who might be looking for a collection of people to blame for society's ills.

Very much the identical case for Muslims and all others who are targeted by bigots not for what they do, but for who they are. Don't give in to such fears or you'll be unintentionally playing the bigots game.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 12:39 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
Quote:
Very much the identical case for Muslims and all others who are targeted by bigots not for what they do, but for who they are. Don't give in to such fears or you'll be unintentionally playing the bigots game.
No fear here, only concern. Fear paralyzes, concern prepares.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 6:42 pm

Parents of Trump’s Would-Be Assassin Say He’s Lovesick and Autistic - The Daily Beast

I worry that Trump will call for profiling or setting up a database of all autistics. Also he can make the vaccines cause autism view more popular. The timing might be good for us. He has a new "proffessional" campaign manager who will probably try and make him tone it down. I don't think this will work but it might work long enough for this to blow over.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 7:37 pm

thoughtbeast wrote:
Quote:

You are honestly seriously comparing a personal opinion they "are better off without it" when ASKED in interview
with purposely traveling to a sovereign nation and THREATENING her people to vote the "right way or else? "I know you hate Trump but you need to take a look at yourself on that.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ay-EU.html

He actually helped a swing to BREXIT by offended citizens with this:
Quote:
'And on that matter, for example, I think it's fair to say that maybe some point down the line there might be a UK-US trade agreement, but it's not going to happen any time soon because our focus is in negotiating with a big bloc, the European Union, to get a trade agreement done.
He added, 'The UK is going to be in the back of the queue.'

Like an outgoing Globalist Big Money backed President is the one who is setting trade policy after 2016 is done anyway? We We must be name of mouse in his pocket. I sure didn't elect him and many didnt so our representatives still count.
The regulation of trade is constitutionally vested in the United States Congress Hallelujah!

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2016, 7:49 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Parents of Trump’s Would-Be Assassin Say He’s Lovesick and Autistic - The Daily Beast

I worry that Trump will call for profiling or setting up a database of all autistics. Also he can make the vaccines cause autism view more popular. The timing might be good for us. He has a new "proffessional" campaign manager who will probably try and make him tone it down. I don't think this will work but it might work long enough for this to blow over.

The more statements his parents make the weirder it gets. Possibly "radicalized ". What type Radicals are in Hoboken?

Lel, maybe that girl said she cant be with him him because the burdens she faces in a Trump Presidency >_< Hoping to maker him go home?
His parents sent a child just hit legal adult who was so affected he couldn't finish school to another country 0_0 Because a crush on girl.

I keep feeling there is some secret story here. Something in matching color of crazy like he was becoming so suicidal or violent over this girl they ceded his demands to get him out of their hair and just thought he'd come crawling back after a few months? The girl maybe flet stalked so returned to States to break his obsessions?
****all negative theory, but all theories that don't need autism to work

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2016, 5:29 am

thoughtbeast wrote:
Quote:

As do I.

I remember him saying though that it's up to the British people to decide.

As long as he doesn't come to the UK today and actually tell us how to vote (like Cameron did with Obama - a disgraceful intervention in another country's politics) then I'm happy with what he said.