Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2016, 4:05 pm

I've never had a job so I've never been fired. It's either be a jobless unemployed loser who everyone else in society thinks is a waste of oxygen who should die soon, or be a completely miserable drone who suffers even worse than they did in school. I didn't have the second choice.

Rublev_Alex
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 Aug 2016, 4:33 am

I have been let off twice in two different voluntary jobs for sticking to the rules and regulations too much, rules they set up in the first place, the last time the manager told me the situation had become tricky since certain other workers could not cope with my strictness any longer, I was left very confused and disappointed when she asked me to leave 4 months ago and now last week I was approached by the new manager (who replaced the old one) and asked by him to come back because nobody else was doing my job with such precision as I would, first I was really happy but now I am again confused and not really eager to go back to that place again

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 2:39 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Hi:
I would like to know what were some of the strangest reasons an employer fired you?

For doing exactly what my boss told me to do.

I was a teenager at the time and thought I had done something wrong, but my father assured me I didn't, and I realized that it was my boss who was an inexperienced 20 something year old, just had poor leadership and communication skills and wasn't taking responsibility for that.

Bellerophonian
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Sep 2016, 6:44 am

My job included taking youth out to a leadership camp.

I had tons of camping gear purchased for the trip, including axes, propane tanks, kitchen supplies (like knives) along with tarps, tents, rope, and storage bins.

We arrived back in town late at night so I had to store everything in my office at work for the weekend.

The boss hated me, so she used this opportunity to call security and tell them I was planning a terrorist attack. Security came into my office and saw the propane tanks and I was put under investigation, locked out of work with my phone and emails blocked. 2 month investigation.

nobodycaresaboutme
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2016, 4:39 am

i was physically sick from being over worked and over stressed
5 dollars to be a kitchen b***h

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

18 Sep 2016, 12:33 pm

I was fired from a job teaching middle school for insubordination. The school told me that I needed to stop teaching my subject area and instead teach a different subject area because they were going to be tested in that other area in the coming weeks. This meant that for weeks the students wouldn't receive any instruction in my subject area.

I told my supervisor that 1.) I wasn't certified to teach anything other than my own subject, and 2.) It was wrong to make the kids miss out on weeks of learning just to they could pass a standardized test in a different subject area. After that happened, I was given one month's notice that I was being fired for insubordination.

Just the beginning of learning that teaching is a terrible profession for anybody who actually loves educating people.