Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

joyesthomas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jun 2016, 1:59 am

The new and interesting comedy story of the movie Wiener-Dog that will be released on June 24,2016 with full of fun. The story of this movie is based on a Dog which is the dog travels around the country for spending his life comfort and joy. The Wiener-Dog one more American superhit comedy movie which is the star cast as Charlie Tahan, Greata Gerwig, Danny Devito acts an interesting role in this movie.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 3:57 am

Sure, I like stuff like:

The Big Lebowsky
Animal House
Confessions Of A Dangerous Mind
The Jerk
Little Shop Of Horrors (remake)
Blazing Saddles
The Naked Gun, and all it's sequels
High Anxiety

I'm sure there are many others.

beakybird
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 6:11 am

In general no. I'm not a huge movie guy, but I do like comedy. There have been a few mildly amusing ones over the years, but for me the truly good stuff comes from lesser known entities. It's been a long time since I saw anything new however.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 8:12 am

I like comedies but usually not the ones produced at Hollywood.

Kraichgauer wrote:

The Big Lebowsky

That's my wife's "feel good movie", we probably watched it a hundred times or so :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 2:41 pm

BenderRodriguez wrote:
I like comedies but usually not the ones produced at Hollywood.

Kraichgauer wrote:

The Big Lebowsky

That's my wife's "feel good movie", we probably watched it a hundred times or so :lol:

Good for her!

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 3:13 pm

Not particularly. I find most comedy incredibly boring and lazy. I like Mel Brooks movies, and I like Wayne's World (the scene about refusing selling out with all the ad placements was honestly a work of genius lmao). That's about it. Unintentional comedy is much better imo.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2016, 5:30 pm

Yes, especially Preston Sturges.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jun 2016, 12:09 am

I don't watch movies a whole lot but I do like comedies like :arrow:
Grandma's Boy
Pineapple Express
The Hangover
Adam Sandler movies

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 6:36 pm

The Hangover Trilogy

Neighbors

Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising

Ghostbusters

Dr. Strangelove

Knocked Up

Dumb & Dumber

Ted

Hot Fuzz

Stephen__
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2016, 6:53 pm

I don't tend to enjoy a lot of comedy that relies on an obnoxious central character. Well that's not always true as I love American Dad but that's not a movie. I love stuff like Being John Malkovitch or Monty Python where they rely more on the absurd.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 12:07 am

Stephen__ wrote:
I don't tend to enjoy a lot of comedy that relies on an obnoxious central character. Well that's not always true as I love American Dad but that's not a movie. I love stuff like Being John Malkovitch or Monty Python where they rely more on the absurd.

How could I have forgotten about Being John Malkovich, and Monty Python movies like The Holy Grail, and The Meaning Of Life?!?!

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 5:21 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Stephen__ wrote:

How could I have forgotten about Being John Malkovich, and Monty Python movies like The Holy Grail, and The Meaning Of Life?!?!

You sir(s) have excellent taste!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 11:05 am

BenderRodriguez wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Stephen__ wrote:

You sir(s) have excellent taste!

Thank you! 8)

raisedbywookiees
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Aug 2016, 9:21 pm

I sorta' like the Frat Slacker Pack: Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, and Steve Carell.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2016, 3:40 pm

Dark comedies are my favorite type of comedy films! :D

GeekChic
Toucan
Toucan

23 Aug 2016, 12:20 pm

Ooh, ooh! Anything by Mel Brooks! Space Balls is my all time favorite movie...."What's the matter, Colonel Sanders...chicken?"