How do you feel about Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2016, 7:18 am

So there's this movement called Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (or BDS for short) and it's being accused of being a cover for modern day antisemitism for its idea of boycotting everything Israel-related. I am a part-time member and I must say this is not true. The goal of the movement is to boycott products made in Israeli settlements in the West Bank, Gaza and Golan Heights, or from companies that support Israel, write letters/sign petitions to companies, colleges, businesses, etc. to divest from Israel and push for economic sanctions. You may be wondering, "Why Israel?" so I'll tell you. In my view, Israel is a terror state that has been occupying land that doesn't belong to them since 1948 and has violated 64 UN resolutions. Their atrocities include the forced exodus of Palestinians called the Nakba in '48, killing women, children and old people alike for anything deemed "suspicious", labelling those who fight back as "terrorists", bulldozing the homes of those who violate Israeli law and much more I don't wish to mention. Their lobby in the United States controls 96 percent of western media including all of Hollywood, TV and most of the publishing industry in the US. You can disagree with me all you want, but I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of BDS and feels the same way I do.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 7:46 am

Ever tried the "Search" function? Not exactly a new topic on WP....

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:
Their lobby in the United States controls 96 percent of western media including all of Hollywood, TV and most of the publishing industry in the US.

... and yet another "The-Jews-Control-Everything" conspiracy theory.... :roll:

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jun 2016, 8:34 am

GGPViper wrote:

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:
Their lobby in the United States controls 96 percent of western media including all of Hollywood, TV and most of the publishing industry in the US.

Thanks, I get that comment a lot, but it's not a conspiracy theory though and I never said Jews control everything. I believe Zionists control 96 percent of western media through a handful of executives like Sumner Redstone of NBCUniversal and Viacom, Bob Iger of Disney, Jeffrey Bewkes of Time Warner, Rupert Murdoch of 21st Century Fox and NewsCorps, Leslie Moonves of CBS and Jeffery R. Immelt of General Electric along with their 200-something immediate underlings. Zionism isn't just a Jewish thing and there's Christian Zionism as well like Rupert Murdoch for example. Murdoch likes American Sniper, Donald Trump and hates Muslims, but is BFF's with Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al-Saud. Iger of Disney recently had a beef with Bernie Sanders over employee pay at Disney and one media analyst described him as a control freak. Ever wonder why Arabs/Muslims are portrayed in the absolute worst light possible by Hollywood movies, TV shows and news programs? Well this is why.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 8:47 am

RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:

Thanks, I get that comment a lot, but it's not a conspiracy theory though and I never said Jews control everything. I believe Zionists control 96 percent of western media through a handful of executives like Sumner Redstone of NBCUniversal and Viacom, Bob Iger of Disney, Jeffrey Bewkes of Time Warner, Rupert Murdoch of 21st Century Fox and NewsCorps, Leslie Moonves of CBS and Jeffery R. Immelt of General Electric along with their 200-something immediate underlings. Zionism isn't just a Jewish thing and there's Christian Zionism as well like Rupert Murdoch for example. Murdoch likes American Sniper, Donald Trump and hates Muslims, but is BFF's with Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Al-Saud. Iger of Disney recently had a beef with Bernie Sanders over employee pay at Disney and one media analyst described him as a control freak. Ever wonder why Arabs/Muslims are portrayed in the absolute worst light possible by Hollywood movies, TV shows and news programs? Well this is why.

What is your definition of "Zionism"?

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 2:00 pm

Your argument is that the BDS group is not antisemitic.

Yet, looking at wiki, antisemitic can simply be "hostility towards Jews".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Seems like BDS does have hostility towards Jewish people, so it is antisemitic.

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2016, 6:28 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:
Your argument is that the BDS group is not antisemitic.

Yet, looking at wiki, antisemitic can simply be "hostility towards Jews".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism

Seems like BDS does have hostility towards Jewish people, so it is antisemitic.

Arabs are semites as well just saying. Both Arabs and Jews are descended from Noah's son Shem and BDS does not have hostility towards jews as a whole (I'm 8 percent Jewish and I support BDS and there's plenty of jews who agree with me), but they do have hostility towards Zionism (the idea of forcing the native Arabs off of Abraham's promised land so that the messiah can come) and Zionist occupation of the west bank, the Gaza strip and Golan Heights.

Jewish Organizations that support BDS:
http://www.truetorahjews.org/
http://www.nkusa.org/

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Jun 2016, 6:34 pm

GGPViper wrote:
RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:

Zionism is the idea of the gathering of the jews in Abraham's promised land that extends from the Nile to the Euphrates (the modern countries of Egypt, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Sudan) and forcing the natives off of the land by killing/forced conversion or driving them out so that the Jewish messiah can come. That's Jewish Zionism. There's also Christian Zionism which believes that the gathering of the jews in the promised land is a prerequisite for the second coming of Jesus, which would also involve the destruction of said land and killing of said people. Christian Zionism, in my view, is even more anti-semitic as it merely uses the jews as pawns in a scheme. So being anti-zionist is not the same as being anti-semitic or anti-jewish. Zionism is in both the Judaic and Christian religions and Arabs are semitic as well. Arabs and Jews are both descended from Noah's son Shem.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 1:41 am

RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:

Zionism is the idea of the gathering of the jews in Abraham's promised land that extends from the Nile to the Euphrates (the modern countries of Egypt, Israel/Palestine, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Sudan) and forcing the natives off of the land by killing/forced conversion or driving them out so that the Jewish messiah can come. That's Jewish Zionism. There's also Christian Zionism which believes that the gathering of the jews in the promised land is a prerequisite for the second coming of Jesus, which would also involve the destruction of said land and killing of said people. Christian Zionism, in my view, is even more anti-semitic as it merely uses the jews as pawns in a scheme. So being anti-zionist is not the same as being anti-semitic or anti-jewish. Zionism is in both the Judaic and Christian religions and Arabs are semitic as well. Arabs and Jews are both descended from Noah's son Shem.

That was rather long-winded. So what exactly is your definition of "anti-zionism"? That Israel should not exist? That it shouldn't have it's current form, constitution, borders, etc.?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 3:46 am

You know what's funny?

What I find it most ironic?

The Qur'an supports the idea of the Promised land for Jews.

There's Zionism in the Quran too.

RealJALloyd
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2016, 8:21 am

GGPViper wrote:
RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:
RealJALloyd wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Anyway...

RealJALloyd wrote:

That was rather long-winded. So what exactly is your definition of "anti-zionism"? That Israel should not exist? That it shouldn't have it's current form, constitution, borders, etc.?

The official definition of anti-zionism is being against the idea of a Jewish State in Palestine, but my I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of a Jewish State, I just don't think the modern Israeli state should exist in its current form. I think a secular state of Palestine that works for EVERYONE should take its place.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Jun 2016, 9:11 am

I think it is ultimately ineffective and not how this conflict can be resolved, I don't think you can force Israel to the negotiating table. I am not sure South Africa where the situation was never as tense I don't think is really the roadmap all things considered, South Africa has since turned into an extremely violent essentially failed state with a near genocidal campaign against White farmers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 9:47 am

What I feel:

I believe that Israel was created with the right intentions: a place of sanctuary for Jewish people in the aftermath of the Holocaust. But the creators forgot about who was occupying the land previously.

It was imperalist of the powers concerned in the region (the U.S. and U.K., especially) to throw the Palestinians off their land. If I were a Palestinian who worked hard on my land, and was suddenly thrown off because somebody wanted to create a Jewish state, I'd be pretty pissed. But I wouldn't be pissed with the Jews. I would be pissed with the arrogance of the imperalists. I'm Jewish myself.

Right now, Israel exists. I wish there would be a Palestinian State which exists on a par with Israel. Right now, Israel has de facto hegemony over the Palestinian lands. There's an unequal relationship there between the dominant power (Israel) and the put-upon power (The Palestinians). That should end.

This would be called the "two-state" solution. I believe in "fair is fair." Forget the past. Bury the grudges accumulated by both sides since 1948. Move on in the future with two states who are on an equal footing. I believe this would be the best way to resolve this.

Is it possible? Not at this point. But maybe there will be solve evolutionary force which would allow this to happen.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 26 Jun 2016, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2016, 9:51 am

RealJALloyd wrote:
The official definition of anti-zionism is being against the idea of a Jewish State in Palestine, but my I'm not necessarily opposed to the idea of a Jewish State, I just don't think the modern Israeli state should exist in its current form. I think a secular state of Palestine that works for EVERYONE should take its place.

So you criticise Israel for violating 64 UN resolutions...

But you don't respect the UN resolutions which establish the State of Israel (UN General Assembly Resolutions 181 & 273).

Isn't that rather hypocritical?

Besides, you basically just admitted that your membership of BDS isn't about illegal Israeli settlements. You don't want the country to exist *at all*, regardless of settlements or not.

Thanks for clearing that up. It is sometimes extremely difficult to get a straight answer from the BDS crowd, but I guess today is my lucky day.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:29 pm

Yeah, the BDS is a really bad organization and should be disbanded immediately. It doesn't do anything to promote peace in the middle eastern region... just the opposite....

Wait, as I am writing this GGPViper has beat me to the answer with a very accurate post:

Quote:
But you don't respect the UN resolutions which establish the State of Israel (UN General Assembly Resolutions 181 & 273).

Isn't that rather hypocritical?

Besides, you basically just admitted that your membership of BDS isn't about illegal Israeli settlements. You don't want the country to exist *at all*, regardless of settlements or not.

Thanks for clearing that up. It is sometimes extremely difficult to get a straight answer from the BDS crowd, but I guess today is my lucky day.

Anyway if I may now continue, the UN, which is as bad as BDS has condemned Israel like what? 67 times? and ALL the other states in the word COMBINED like 61 times? (it's a fact, check it yourself) yep, antisemitism. So how did the jews being 0.1% of the world's population having one of the smallest countries on earth control EVERYTHING? This is totally unrelated to Israel. Check pre WWII antisemetic posters and you will see the *exact* same thing - jews control our money, take our jobs, blah blah. Israel was formed *legally* to create save harbour for jews, like native americans have their reserves...

To your completely insane arguments I can counter with my own completely insane stuff as well so here we go: just drop the D and leave it "BS", so at least everyone knows what they are participating in.