Deep sleep and light sleep proportion

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2016, 11:03 pm

Just got a sleep tracker and trying to interpret the data. I wonder if there is any good explanation, particularly for the normal deep/light sleep time proportion?

little_blue_jay
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Aug 2018, 6:02 pm

What sleep tracker did you get?

Just asking as I'm thinking of getting one myself. I keep reading that some aren't accurate.. and I can't afford anything expensive..

What did it tell you about the proportions of your sleep?

I find this fascinating as I'm waking not refreshed sometimes, but I remember dreaming ... my doc wants to send me to a sleep lab (again) but I don't sleep there as everything is so strange. I want to be able to track my sleep myself at home..

AQ score: 47
RAADS-R score: 196

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2018, 7:02 pm

little_blue_jay wrote:
What sleep tracker did you get?

Just asking as I'm thinking of getting one myself. I keep reading that some aren't accurate.. and I can't afford anything expensive..

What did it tell you about the proportions of your sleep?

I find this fascinating as I'm waking not refreshed sometimes, but I remember dreaming ... my doc wants to send me to a sleep lab (again) but I don't sleep there as everything is so strange. I want to be able to track my sleep myself at home..

Mi Band. Budget friendly, has movement and heart rate sensors. You can use it with the official app, "Sleep as Android" or "Notify & Fitness for Mi Band" app (whatever you like more).
I also was stupid enough to buy Samsung Gear Fit 2 but it sucks balls; it's bugged and works only with the official app, and this app is bad. Don't buy it.

I had ~1-2 hours deep sleep what is definitely not enough and I felt like sh*t, that's why I started researching it.
PS fish oil really helped me, even though I didn't expect much of it. :lol: Now I have 3-4 hours of deep sleep.

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm

PS in case if anyone is interested - my Mi Band broke, so I've got Honor Band 4 and I like it more than Mi Band. It does really decent job at sleep tracking, and doesn't cost much.

Guy Incognito
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2020, 2:20 pm

Is the read out like an EEG? In normal people it looks like a series of gradual pyramids as the brain enters different wavelengths. Mine looked like an inverted football with no alpha waves. I called it the Sarlaac Pit

Drop what you have and we will see if it can collectively be deciphered

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2020, 8:03 pm

Guy Incognito wrote:
Is the read out like an EEG? In normal people it looks like a series of gradual pyramids as the brain enters different wavelengths. Mine looked like an inverted football with no alpha waves. I called it the Sarlaac Pit

Drop what you have and we will see if it can collectively be deciphered

No, I would need a very expensive EEG device for that. These sleep trackers only use movement and heartbeat sensors, I think.