Multiple Stabbings - White supremacist rally attacked

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 2:04 pm

ZenDen wrote:
These pathetic people in Sacramento really are never going to cause genocide. But what about other countries and regimes that do practice genocide???? Where is your anger for them?

You're arguing we should solve other countries problems before our own...not a very strong selling point.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:36 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
These pathetic people in Sacramento really are never going to cause genocide. But what about other countries and regimes that do practice genocide???? Where is your anger for them?

You're arguing we should solve other countries problems before our own...not a very strong selling point.

??? Yes, I pointed to other nasty situations but I don't remember saying we should "solve" things, merely asking "Where is the concern about TRUE genocide, instead of lamenting a war that ended over half a century ago?"

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 3:45 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

??? Yes, I pointed to other nasty situations but I don't remember saying we should "solve" things, merely asking "Where is the concern about TRUE genocide, instead of lamenting a war that ended over half a century ago?"

You honestly think the same people that are against genocide by white supremacists here are for genocide elsewhere? I mean if it's such a big issue to you start a thread on Rwanda, Kosovo, etc and I'll be more than glad to jump in, but that's not who we're talking about, we're talking about people right here in this country on THIS thread.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 4:35 pm

ZenDen wrote:

Classic misdirection.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:51 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

You honestly think the same people that are against genocide by white supremacists here are for genocide elsewhere? I mean if it's such a big issue to you start a thread on Rwanda, Kosovo, etc and I'll be more than glad to jump in, but that's not who we're talking about, we're talking about people right here in this country on THIS thread.

We're talking about a news report of a bunch of hooligans (they should have been wearing brown shirts instead of hiding their faces in shame) who attacked a much numerically smaller group of people trying to express their civil rights.

Defend this all you want..it's just another form of Nazi style violence...maybe you think we should let it grow into a national movement??? Sig Heil to that thought sir.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:54 pm

AspE wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

Classic misdirection.

Unless you can post something supporting your assertions why even post? Please spell out your thoughts clearly and concisely; no one can read your mind.

I'd like to hear what you have to say.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 7:30 am

I'm extremely intolerant of extreme intolerance. Call me a Nazi all you want, I don't care. If people reacted like this to the actual Nazis, maybe 80 million people would still be alive.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 7:32 am

AspE wrote:
I'm extremely intolerant of extreme intolerance. Call me a Nazi all you want, I don't care. If people reacted like this to the actual Nazis, maybe 80 million people would still be alive.

+1

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 8:37 am

The group should be arrested for inciting a riot, isn't that illegal? Whoever issued their permit should also be fired.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 11:23 am

AspE wrote:

I agree. I hope someone has not misconstrued your intent and claimed you were a Nazi for expressing your opinion...to express your opinion is an American Right protected by the Constitution.

Yes. If they had been able to prevent the "brown shirts" of their day maybe Hitler could have been avoided. Any attempt at disrupting free speech should be suspect.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 11:30 am

AspE wrote:
The group should be arrested for inciting a riot, isn't that illegal? Whoever issued their permit should also be fired.

Are you possibly from another country? Do you not understand American Law on this subject? Why would you think the rights of criminals, such as those committing assault and battery, would come before the rights of American citizens expressing their opinions?

Next you'll be calling the government a criminal for letting people have free speech. :D

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:04 pm

AspE wrote:

Define your "extreme intolerance". You'd be right to advocate against bigoted people. You'd be wrong to inflict violence on bigoted people until they themselves inflicted it upon others. Simply because you don't know if they'd do the things they say (say, they chant death to all disabled people).

For example, I'm right in saying that Muslims need to be more accepting of say, homosexuals. However, just because in some parts of the world Muslims kill homosexuals, doesn't mean I am right to inflict violence on Muslims living around me, even if they themselves agreed with the killing of homosexuals.

Hence, the BAMN group (supposedly on the terrorist list in the US) here that attacked the people holding a lawful rally were wrong in the same way in that if they went to the local mosque and attacked it due to bigoted words.

Your line of reasoning is a "slippery slope fallacy". People that hold opinions of Nazis = they will definitely be the Nazis of Nazi Germany.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:12 pm

AspE wrote:
If people reacted like this to the actual Nazis, maybe 80 million people would still be alive.

Btw, people did act violently to the Nazis of Germany before coming to power.

Guess what? It let them use the excuse that their ideology was under attack and they had justification for attacking themselves.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:19 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
Aristophanes wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

We're talking about a news report of a bunch of hooligans (they should have been wearing brown shirts instead of hiding their faces in shame) who attacked a much numerically smaller group of people trying to express their civil rights.

Defend this all you want..it's just another form of Nazi style violence...maybe you think we should let it grow into a national movement??? Sig Heil to that thought sir.

Um, last I checked there were 7 stabbing victims, only one of them was a Neo-Nazi. Obviously one group was planning on a knife fight and the other was not, and it wasn't my side planning on it.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:32 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
Um, last I checked there were 7 stabbing victims, only one of them was a Neo-Nazi. Obviously one group was planning on a knife fight and the other was not, and it wasn't my side planning on it.

Supposedly, one of the "Nazis" was stabbed; he then took the knife and stabbed the people swarming him.

Take that with a pinch, but that's the only account I can find.

I saw a police officer say that BAMN were the ones that bought weapons and attacked first, and that the Neo-Nazis acquired them from such during the fighting.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm

Yeah, that sounds completely feasible...

Edit: lol, kind of like that time one dude went into Germany and disarmed 20 German soldiers and killed them with their own bullets. Oh wait, that was the X-men movie.