Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Suncatcher
Toucan
Toucan

27 Jun 2016, 12:09 pm

Hello everyone..

The last few months my life has drastically changed. I used to play video games behind my computer when i was free from work, living in my own world, googling endlessly for stuff that i find fascinating.

About a few months ago, i got my very first german shepherd pup to train, so i now barely play video games, if at all and i sit most of the evenings downstairs with my pup. However, ever since my lifestyle changed, my parents noticed i became increasingly short tempered. At some points thorought the day, i am so static that my parents ask me if there is something on my mind.

Sometimes i start to daydream, 'stim' by playing with my phone or other objects, even during conversations. When my parents keep trying to start a conversation, i get a very strong feeling that i should cover my ears and scream 'STFU!!" :x :cry: . I can still control it in some way in the sense that i dont really cover my ears and scream, but i become more and more angry as the minutes go on and sometimes i get to the point of snapping. There are ofcourse more examples, but this is probaly the most likely scenario in which i release my burst of anger.

Normally i was only agitated in relationships / friendships after spending long days with people and i could not be in my own world to recover but the last few weeks have been getting increasingly more difficult. The only good thing is that i dont reflect my anger on my pup.. atleast he makes me happy.

I guess this is all part of a 'meltdown' right? :roll:
Makes me think that not spending time on getting friendships / relationships any longer and focus my time on dog training was the right decision after all.

EmmaHyde
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jun 2016, 2:46 pm

I know I often will have issues with my anger when I bottle things in for a while or I get overloaded emotionally or sensory wise (has happened on many a family trip). I would recommend seeing a therapist or channeling those feelings into something productive / calming, such as a mini zen garden or a hobby of some sort.

-------
Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 175 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 59 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)
++++++