Abuse ofaspies by psychopathic/narcissistic people?

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Axis207
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Jun 2016, 3:36 pm

So my biological dad's like SEVERELY psychopathic. My biological sister is severely narcissistic. And if I tried to post the litany of problems caused by these two predators alone, it would take like a week just to remember all of them lol .

As I was wallowing in my own depression, I began wondering if I am the only autistic unfortunate enough to come across these sadistic people (and I use the term people, very loosely)

Oh and from first hand experience, I can tell you with a reasonal amount of confidence that psychopaths are literally the exact OPPOSITE of autistics. (For the ones confusing sociopathy/APD with autism)

Cookies need love like everything does

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 4:01 pm

I grew up with this, too. Fun stuff :) I think reading helped me keep my sanity, and after college I could at least live on my own. Now it's pretty much no contact, except occasionally with my brother. Wish it was different, but I can only control my own behavior.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2016, 5:57 pm

People with ASPD or NPD are constantly manipulating their environment around them and you have to keep track of what they do, document everything they say in writing (preferably recording them with a MP3 player or similar) and be on your guard all the time. Either leave them or get rid of them if you have strong friends around you that can get them expelled from the working environment.

As for living with them, only advice i can give is just to leave and don't look back.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 3:27 pm

I have a mum who's like that. I see her very seldom now on holidays and birthdays. I keep busy with arts and crafts to distract myself. I also give myself the love and acceptance that I feel has been lacking my whole life.

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 4:01 pm

My Mom fits much of the characteristics of sociopathy. For one her parents we're not around much when she was a kid. Though, you should not that Sociopathy and Psychopathy are different things.

somanyspoons
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2016, 4:05 pm

Yah, a real narcissist will seek out people he/she can control, so Autistics are like a nice, low-hanging fruit to them. We're easy pickin's.

Mr. Cat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Jun 2016, 7:25 pm

My ex raped me twice and I just kinda let it happen because I had no idea what to do. I'd never even kissed him (or anybody) before. My boyfriend's mom (narcissist) beat my face after an arguement we got into about me wanting to be left alone. I lived with her and she would never leave me do my own thing, she just wanted to b***h about people constantly and invade my personal space. My boyfriend told her I had an issue with it and she just seemed to get more intrusive. Then I told her to leave me alone and she started screaming at me, so I screamed back. And she pinned me against the wall, forcing me to make eye contact with her and I couldn't take it. I'm by no means a violent person, but this made me slap her... it happened without thought. I just wanted the eyes to go away. And then I was being beaten on the ground and nearly passed out before her husband stopped her. I will always appreciate him. There are plenty of other things I could mention, but these came to mind.

I also think she recently killed my boyfriend's cat or something. The cat is suddenly "missing". The cats that were outside (about 5 cats) are all suddenly gone too, except for the one that she now has in her room... I think she got rid of them so she could convince her husband to have the selected outdoor cat in her room...

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 5:41 am

Mr. Cat wrote:
My ex raped me twice and I just kinda let it happen because I had no idea what to do. I'd never even kissed him (or anybody) before. My boyfriend's mom (narcissist) beat my face after an arguement we got into about me wanting to be left alone. I lived with her and she would never leave me do my own thing, she just wanted to b***h about people constantly and invade my personal space. My boyfriend told her I had an issue with it and she just seemed to get more intrusive. Then I told her to leave me alone and she started screaming at me, so I screamed back. And she pinned me against the wall, forcing me to make eye contact with her and I couldn't take it. I'm by no means a violent person, but this made me slap her... it happened without thought. I just wanted the eyes to go away. And then I was being beaten on the ground and nearly passed out before her husband stopped her. I will always appreciate him. There are plenty of other things I could mention, but these came to mind.

I also think she recently killed my boyfriend's cat or something. The cat is suddenly "missing". The cats that were outside (about 5 cats) are all suddenly gone too, except for the one that she now has in her room... I think she got rid of them so she could convince her husband to have the selected outdoor cat in her room...

Holy crap. Good thing you left those idiots. Many women do not because "they love him" and "feel sorry about him" or "he is misunderstood", which they may feel because they manipulate the women into thinking that. Then they end up in the news like this
Quote:
"<x> year old woman from <Cityname> killed by abusive man because <reason an obvious psycho have problems of>"

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 7:57 am

It is a double problem because not only are we particilarly vulnarable to them, we often present to the NT world as narcessists or psychopaths.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:04 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
It is a double problem because not only are we particilarly vulnarable to them, we often present to the NT world as narcessists or psychopaths.

In tabloid press yes. I've had a woman tremble in fear when i told her that i have aspergers. I noticed it clearly, but i did not care about it, she was an obvious idiot who got her news from some poorly educated column writer.

Mr. Cat
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jun 2016, 8:32 am

Quote:
Holy crap. Good thing you left those idiots. Many women do not because "they love him" and "feel sorry about him" or "he is misunderstood", which they may feel because they manipulate the women into thinking that. Then they end up in the news like this
Quote:
"<x> year old woman from <Cityname> killed by abusive man because <reason an obvious psycho have problems of>"

Ah, yeah, he was pretty messed up, so I did say things like that, but that was no reason why the act happened. I just cried, shut the door on him, and left him after that. It happened because I was so naive that I literally had to clue what was happening the first time. The second time I said no and pushed him away so many times that he eventually stopped.

Unfortunately, one of my friends was killed like that... Except she had a child with the man and he tricked her into coming to his house by saying the child needed her. Stabbed her to death and hid her in the shed... he should have never had any bit of custody.

She was so sweet... pretty and smart. I was bullied and she was one of the few people that were so very kind to me and went out of her way to make me feel like I could belong somewhere... Her death still hurts so badly.

Last edited by Mr. Cat on 29 Jun 2016, 8:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 8:39 am

Ichinin wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

In tabloid press yes. I've had a woman tremble in fear when i told her that i have aspergers. I noticed it clearly, but i did not care about it, she was an obvious idiot who got her news from some poorly educated column writer.

It is a matter generally differing body language between NT's and Autistics. If someone meets you for the first time they are probably not going to know you are autistic just that you might present as threating. The media exacerbates an existing problem.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Axis207
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2016, 8:36 am

Pieplup wrote:
My Mom fits much of the characteristics of sociopathy. For one her parents we're not around much when she was a kid. Though, you should not that Sociopathy and Psychopathy are different things.

Yeah no contact is the ONLY solution of these predators

I beg to differ. "Sociopathy" and even ASPD are both terms psychopaths prefer to use for themselves, as they sound a whole lot like they're humans with a problem . but they are not human.

Psychopathy is the original term. Sociopathy when used, means the same thing as it. Most psychopaths are charming, non violent, extremely dangerous, impossible to detect on time and manipulators . the few with bad childhoods turn out to be violent serial killers and drifters

Cookies need love like everything does

TheSilentOne
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 10:29 am

somanyspoons wrote:
Yah, a real narcissist will seek out people he/she can control, so Autistics are like a nice, low-hanging fruit to them. We're easy pickin's.

I've encountered two severe narcissists in my life. Both of them I met when I was in grade school. They both told me everything I liked was "stupid" and "wrong" and tried to make me over into a clone of them. I hated it but went along with them. My mom says it was because I was an easy target and I had no other friends so I kept coming back to them for more abuse.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 3:09 pm

Ichinin wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

It's a double standard. IMO, it seems that more people now believe that stereotypes about ASD people are in fact true because some people choose to be ignorant.

randomeu
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm

Axis207 wrote:
So my biological dad's like SEVERELY psychopathic. My biological sister is severely narcissistic. And if I tried to post the litany of problems caused by these two predators alone, it would take like a week just to remember all of them lol .

As I was wallowing in my own depression, I began wondering if I am the only autistic unfortunate enough to come across these sadistic people (and I use the term people, very loosely)

Oh and from first hand experience, I can tell you with a reasonal amount of confidence that psychopaths are literally the exact OPPOSITE of autistics. (For the ones confusing sociopathy/APD with autism)

throughout a lot my education i had a bully (well this one in perticular, i was bullied by my entire class throughout my education so far.) he used to LOVE to watch me suffer. to list just some of the thing he did (im leaving for uni in september, so long to him! yay):

everyday he'd tell me im a failure and should just stop trying, most days he'd tell me to kill myself, he found out i don't like being touched at all, so therefore started to touch me on the arm (one or two times he did it on my leg) just to see my reaction while his friends laughed at how ret*d i was (their words not mine), the minute he knew what aspergers was he got knew words like calling me "downy" and "spaz". he had it pretty secure, his friends would swear that he didn't do anything if i were to report him. he used to invite me to play games with him and his friends online, only to attempt to make it a living hell and laugh at how bad i was at the game, even though they were the ones killing me over and over and over to make me quit. every time i was off for a few days when i came back he'd go on and on about how much better it was, what a great time they had without me, what a great time everyone had without me, and if i could take more days off, or better yet hang myself. he used to spread nasty rumors about me too, i believe they consisting of accusing me as loud as he could, trying to say that i was a pedophile, another time he tried to say that i was a neo nazi and a member of the KKK, he also said that i was a supporter of ISIS, there was even the joke of the ice cream truck, whenever it went past he said "well thats your call isn't it?" trying to make out that id go there for children or something. he could have seriously gotten me attacked doing that, or worse, killed.

lets not even begin on the girl in high school who used to pick me up by the collar and threaten me all the time. (you know, in addition to verbal bullying)

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 174 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

Officially diagnosed 30th june 2017