Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

zzaspergerzz
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jun 2016, 3:56 pm

Both my parents are in failing health. It is my vibe (creepy and depressive) that is stopping me from making any friends at all, online or offline. Barely get responses to my posts here. Though, appreciate the few that do respond.

Essentially, if my parents die, I will be faced with life's overwhelming complications alone. A therapist appointment once a week just doesn't cut it, because it isn't enough time. I seriously need more help than that... But the services simply aren't available.

The only people that I will attract on my own are predators. If I complain, I sound like a whiner (which I probably am).

My problems are too long and complicated for anyone to have the patience to solve. Most people think that if you are alone, that you somehow want to be alone.

I simply won't find life worth living if my parents die. With the increasing complication of technology, my executive function skills are inadequate. I simply can't face life alone. Wish I had a religion to comfort me, but I'm not a spiritual person.

If my parents die, I simply do not see the logic in going on. The pain will be too great at that time.

And any time I try to talk about it to anyone, they tell me not to worry :(

Ban-Dodger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 5:07 pm

Physical-Death does not change the "spirit" within which is the source of emotional-feelings,
and no I am not going to scientifically prove this, because by scientific-definition... emotions are non-existent.

zzaspergerzz wrote:
Both my parents are in failing health. It is my vibe (creepy and depressive) that is stopping me from making any friends at all, online or offline. Barely get responses to my posts here. Though, appreciate the few that do respond.

Essentially, if my parents die, I will be faced with life's overwhelming complications alone. A therapist appointment once a week just doesn't cut it, because it isn't enough time. I seriously need more help than that... But the services simply aren't available.

The only people that I will attract on my own are predators. If I complain, I sound like a whiner (which I probably am).

My problems are too long and complicated for anyone to have the patience to solve. Most people think that if you are alone, that you somehow want to be alone.

I simply won't find life worth living if my parents die. With the increasing complication of technology, my executive function skills are inadequate. I simply can't face life alone. Wish I had a religion to comfort me, but I'm not a spiritual person.

If my parents die, I simply do not see the logic in going on. The pain will be too great at that time.

And any time I try to talk about it to anyone, they tell me not to worry :(

What you really need is more of a cognitive-map of others who have experienced similar to you but are more like older versions of yourself so that you have some sort of direction. Additionally, some forum-members have indicated having problems with being able to handle their difficult emotions, but they have also mentioned that using something called Brain-Wave Entrainment has managed to help them feel better, and BWE is also known as Isochronic-Tones or Binaural-Beats (best with Stereo Head-Phones).

You also do not need any religion to follow (not in the traditional sense or definition of what passes for the so-called religions anyway). One of the most profound books that I had ever read was authored by Ian Currie, when I had been very close to death myself, the title of the book, "You Cannot Die: The Incredible Findings of a Century of Research on Death", although it is a posthumous-work that is now Out-of-Print.

Alas, time is up for me at the moment, but try to work with some of the information that I have provided for now.

the_phoenix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:17 pm

Hi zzaspergerzz,

People shouldn't dismiss you by simply telling you not to worry ... that's just cold.
That said, I hope you will have hope,
because things can get better.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2016, 9:27 pm

Sorry things are bleak. :( Do you live with your parents or live alone?

There Are Four Lights!