Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Oakling
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 8:06 am

I don't go to the cinema that often and can sometimes experience panic attacks in an auditorium setting because of all the people in a small space, but when I do go I much prefer to be alone. I can watch exactly what I want, I can sit exactly where I want, stay only as long as I want, and don't have the extra stress of having to navigate social stuff along with being in a scary environment. It actually makes the experience sometimes enjoyable rather than just a trial which is how I find seeing a movie with someone else most of the time!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:16 pm

hiya Oakling :) welcome to our club 8)

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 2:10 pm

I have done it before. I especially like period piece movies and not many people I know like them so I have gone to the movies by myself to watch them.

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm

I didn't know anybody else that would be interested in going out to see "A.I. - Artificial Intellience."

DataB4
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:59 pm

A.I. was a great movie. I didn't see it in the theater though. I've also decided not to see MST3K but seeing Star Trek Beyond the following week.

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:06 am

DataB4 wrote:
A.I. was a great movie. I didn't see it in the theater though. I've also decided not to see MST3K but seeing Star Trek Beyond the following week.

hah! i just learned that there's a new star trek movie out. thanks! :mrgreen: that's what happens when you rely on completely unrelated parts of reddit as your main source of information for everything...

i haven't gone out to watch a movie in ages, but it's only because i'm too lazy and the thought doesn't cross my mind. that's a perfect one to break the spell, not just because it's practically guaranteed that i'll like it, but because it's guaranteed to be full of action scenes

dan_aspie wrote:
I was literally the only one in the cinema at the time (3:00pm AUS time). That didn't feel too bad.

heaven :). i'm taking your personal account as advice. taking note: afternoon if possible