Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Triple__B
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Jul 2016, 11:20 pm

Why do people watch sports, I don't understand?

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 29 of 200
Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles. ~ Charles Chaplin

Grammar Geek
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2016, 11:26 pm

It's fun to root for the team who represents where you live in a competition that's exciting and suspenseful, and I feel like I'm a part of that team when I'm with other fans. It gives me a sense of belonging. That's why I love baseball, anyway.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 2:04 am

When I was little, all I could determine was that people were yelling at a bunch of other people who were already yelling and that I hated it all, and it seemed to make my dad either angry or not care about anything else, or both. When I was a bit older I was actually convinced that nobody really did like them, but only pretended to like them because the other people (who were also pretending) made it seem so essential--especially for boys (as if I didn't have enough reasons to feel inadequate). I guess my answer at age 37 is that people must have their reasons. On a more fundamental level, I don't have or understand the "drive" or the competitive "spirit."

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2016, 3:43 am

It is not scripted the outcome is literaly in doubt. Admire the talent, admire the bodies of the athletes

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman