Veteran

04 Jul 2016, 2:41 pm

A puke pile will form shortly.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

05 Jul 2016, 4:09 am

I posted about this before. I would of pursued that route if I had the money & resources cuz I was really lonely & I believed most any women would grow to like me if she gave me real a chance because of how devoted, loyal & caring withing a relationship I am.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jul 2016, 7:12 am

No feminist replies? I'm surprised. I guess they are all sleeping.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 1:54 pm

nick007 wrote:
I posted about this before. I would of pursued that route if I had the money & resources cuz I was really lonely & I believed most any women would grow to like me if she gave me real a chance because of how devoted, loyal & caring withing a relationship I am.
This is a myth. The one that keeps attracting lonely men.

But there's a problem: many brides have become very mercantile. They know the US divorce laws almost as well as some divorce attorneys. So they marry gullible, lonely American men, then file for divorce and take 50% of their wealth. Not to mention they're from cultures where men are expected to do everything. So you end up giving and giving, and getting very little in return. Not to mention you'll be married to someone who's not only doesn't find you attractive, but despises you on some level.

Be reasonable. Women don't need to travel for thousands of miles (or for them, kilometers) to an unfamiliar culture, just to find a man. (And no, you're not that special, sorry.) They can easily find a man locally, in their native country. In order to do even consider doing that, they need a good incentive, financial or otherwise. And gullible, lonely American men provide just that.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 2:06 pm

Quote:
Not to mention they're from cultures where men are expected to do everything.

You mean Eastern cultures, I guess you mean they are expected to do everything when it comes to money, buying house, buying car...etc - you know, the whole financial responsibility as per the typical male gender role

But yeah, that's all true.

Even the Russians, who many mistakenly that they think like westerns - no, they usually don't.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You mean Eastern cultures, I guess you mean they are expected to do everything when it comes to money, buying house, buying car...etc - you know, the whole financial responsibility as per the typical male gender role

Even the Russians, who many mistakenly that they think like westerns - no, they usually don't.
Well, when the man pays and pays, just to receive the benefit of a woman's company, then what do you have? No need to answer that.

I actually have a friend from Belarus, that has a culture almost identical to Russia. He came to the US in his early teens. He said it was a culture shock not to have to pay for the girl's ice cream and movie ticket every time. People start dating as early as age 10 in Russia, although he didn't start actively dating in the US until he was 15 or so. I didn't go on my first real date until I was 18, but that's beside the point.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 5:05 pm

Aspie1 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Well, when the man pays and pays, just to receive the benefit of a woman's company, then what do you have? No need to answer that.

I actually have a friend from Belarus, that has a culture almost identical to Russia. He came to the US in his early teens. He said it was a culture shock not to have to pay for the girl's ice cream and movie ticket every time. People start dating as early as age 10 in Russia, although he didn't start actively dating in the US until he was 15 or so. I didn't go on my first real date until I was 18, but that's beside the point.

Don't the women do all the housework, cook for the men, look after the children etc. If the men don't want them to earn money then they need to provide for them I guess

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 5:24 pm

Alliekit wrote:
Don't the women do all the housework, cook for the men, look after the children etc. If the men don't want them to earn money then they need to provide for them I guess
Not necessarily. Most women in Eastern Europe work outside the home, in white-collar occupations, even. Reason for that is USSR's political agenda: they wanted everyone to be well-educated and working. In fact, after World War II, when men were recuperating from combat, women even worked in fields like road construction and steel factories. Children were usually sent to all-day daycares, preschools, and schools, whose hours were synchronized with nearby workplaces. Cooking and cleaning, however, continued to be common women's roles, even with the wives' pressures on men to help out, although men usually worked longer hours.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 5:53 pm

Quote:

What me and Aspie1 really mean, that those are cultures are still somehow traditionalist, where feminism isn't popular and are still very sticked to typical gender roles..

http://rbth.com/opinion/2014/03/08/what ... 34907.html

Here you see the striking difference between West and East:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/3121 ... ies-women/

Even Japan/SouthKorea, which are considered the role models of the Oriental East economically and scientifically, are still....a very traditionalist society overall when it comes to courting, marriage and family.

Talking West vs East is not an illusion, these two mega-cultures are so distinct from each other.