Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Nist498
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 7:11 pm

I've been stopped by the cops three times. Only one was really justified as it involved me cutting the cop off on a dark, overly busy highway at 10:30 at night.

The first time an officer cut me off walking to my office during a snowstorm in AR (My office was three blocks away from my apartment at the time) and fed me this BS story about looking for a guy that looked exactly like me and had the same name, etc. The second time I was about to leave my local McDonalds parking lot when I was surrounded by about six cop cars. Officer Dumbass in Charge explained they were looking for a criminal that fit my description (Obviously they didn't bother trying to confirm if my identity matched whoever they were looking for) and commented that I walked with a limp. The first time pissed me off, the second one scared the hell out of me.

All magic comes with a price! - Rumplestiltskin

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 7:39 pm

When I was 16, I was running to a beach in Atlantic Beach, NY (nor Atlantic City, NJ).

All of a sudden a cop car came around, and a cop got out, and pushed me up against his cop car. They said they were looking for a robbery suspect who had robbed a bodega (an old-time Spanish-type store in NYC).

The searched my bag, and found the loot (a towel and a bathing suit).

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 8:02 pm

Last police officer that pulled me over was a PA State Trooper, 1 block from the townhouse. Fortunately, the trooper is my roommate. His partner turned the lights on me because the center brake light was out, and he thought I was possibly drunk, since he pulled me over at 1:30 in the morning. My roommate knows that I'm 1) diabetic, 2) on the spectrum and 3) can't stand the taste or smell of any alcoholic beverages. He let me go with a verbal warning. Later that morning, he offered to change the bulb. I couldn't get at the bulb, and I didn't want him to be late for work, so I took the car to my cousin's garage and paid him $5.00 to do the job.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 11:32 pm

Listening to local police radio, I think they just reported on the OP.

Call came in about a man sitting in a car at 12:30 am in the empty parking lot in front of a closed restaurant, no one else in the vicinity. Officer investigated and replied:

"I'm clear from that location. He was just sitting in his car playing Pokemon."

There Are Four Lights!