Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2016, 11:05 pm

Have you ever come across a shiny Pokemon (a Pokemon with a different than normal color) when playing a Pokemon game? If so, which ones have you caught?

Gen 3:
Gulpin - My first shiny. Just found it randomly one day on Route 110 while playing Emerald, and it got me so excited!
Snorlax - I decided to try soft resetting for a shiny on my Leaf Green version after seeing people do it on YouTube, and a shiny appeared after only about 20 soft resets (VERY lucky).

Gen 4:
I've gotten shiny Nincada, Ralts, Eevee, Pichu, and Ditto using the PokeRadar on my Diamond version. With Nincada, a shiny patch of grass appeared after a PokeRadar chain of 27, which is quite rare. I've evolved the Nincada into a Ninjask and Shedinja.

In addition to this, I've gotten Pokerus on two separate occasions, once on Emerald and once on Sapphire.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 9:42 am

The first shiny Pokemon I saw was a Bronzor in Gen IV. Sadly I didn't know what it meant that it sparkled, so I just defeated it. :x

I got 2 shinies in Gen VI; a Trapinch and a Cacnea.

Those 3 are the only shiny Pokemon I've seen in the games.

I've seen far more and have currently 10 shiny Pokemon on the site GPX Plus. They are less rare there than in the games.

I've never come across Pokerus in the games.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 10:24 am

I first heard about shiny Pokemon from this Fire Red Leaf Green guide book from Nintendo Power, where they referred to them as "alternately colored Pokemon", and it made me wonder when I read about it.

Gen 3 shinies are the rarest because there's no way to get one besides facing the 1/8192 probability (or cheating, obviously, but we won't go there).

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 3:17 pm

How?? I've had X since Christmas 2014 and havent found ONE.

DancingCorpse
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 4:16 pm

No but I was part of the pokémon card craze generation, I had a lot of shinies and I must've spent around £100+ on those damn packs of crack, I mean pokécrack I mean whatever. My favourite card is still Arcanine ''TAKE DOWN'' I only fought a couple times because I didn't want to lose any of my pretties.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2016, 6:22 pm

You guys will probably not like me if i say this...but...
Gen VI [Pokemon X]
GTS: Shiny Whismur
Wonder Trade: Lv. 91 Shiny Vivillion
Wonder Trade: Shiny Misdreavus with Pokerus
GTS: Shiny Ralts with Pokerus

I've been trying to breed my Ralts with my Japanese Ditto for at least two more shinies, but it isn't working so far.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 1:39 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
For me, I just randomly encountered them in the game.

Senhin
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jul 2016, 5:09 am

Other than Gyarados in Silver I've never even encountered a shiny.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 5:45 am

^ oh yeah, I always forget about that one! That's 4 shiny encounters for me then.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2016, 9:19 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:

Less than two years? I've had Pokemon games for almost as long as you've been alive. Well, I guess shinies are far more common in newer generations.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2016, 11:22 am

I once encountered a shiny Golbat in Pearl in Victory Road when I was quite a bit younger. I thought it was a glitch, so I made it faint. :wall:
My friend has found two shinies recently.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

Pieplup
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 8:39 am

I have a lot of mesuda Method shiny Piplups as well as perfect IVs, Shiny Breeding Parents, one from germany, one my original.. in ORAS. I've encountered a few, I've encountered one on emulator, in a run of
LGFR, I was so excited about it I don't remember if I caught it though. That's the only shiny pokemon I encountered in the wild. Most of mine are Mesuda Method/Breed shinies. I value my Shiny Empoleon couple very much. I have like 10 shiny Piplups, Including my other Piplup evolutions. I have lot of them, though they're my favorite Pokemon and shiny Pokemon. The thing is for mesuda method you have to put in quite a lot of work. Sometimes you get it on like the second try some it take hundreds of eggs. Here's a picture of them (The Smaller one is shiny).

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 8:48 am

Dang it, I don't have one shiny, never have. I freaked out when I got Black for my birthday, cuz I found a Deerling, and it wasnt pink, and I thought brown was its shiny. The chick who had it before me was also a huge troll because it had the worlds worst stats. What I felt like: :wall:

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 10:48 am

Just be patient, Midnightstar16. It will come eventually. You should use the PokeRadar! I can usually get a chain of 40 in less than 2 hours, and after that it's just the same repetitive task of resetting the radar and waiting for a sparkly patch of grass, which comes an average of about once in every 50 resets. That's in the Sinnoh games at least. I don't know how different it works in Gen 6.

I'd really like to try for a shiny Beldum since Metagross is my favorite Pokemon, but Route 228 has that stupid sandstorm where you can't see crap!

My shiny Snorlax has a Rash nature (not good for Snorlax, because I usually go for attack and special defense) and terrible IVs, which slightly disappointed me, but being able to get a Gen 3 shiny so quick made me happy.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 5:19 pm

I tried so hard to get a Shiny Skitty in Omega Ruby with the PokeRadar. It didn't work out at all.

Lillikoi
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 4:14 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
The first shiny Pokemon I saw was a Bronzor in Gen IV. Sadly I didn't know what it meant that it sparkled, so I just defeated it. :x

I've never come across Pokerus in the games.

I did the same thing with a shiny Voltorb . :lol:

Ironically I've come across Pokerus twice but I've never seen a shiny since.