Page 2 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 5:39 pm

In the Gold/Silver games I found a shiny Krabby, but then I caught a female shiny hoot hoot I think it's called with the last pokeball I had on me that I later evolved into Noctowl and named Goldie and she became a regular member of my party.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 2:25 pm

I have a shiny Yveltal and Xerneas from the event a few months ago. I haven't seen any shinies in the wild, though.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 10:35 pm

I thought I'd post this because it's genuis.

Amazing what you can do with a little creativity and an Arduino board.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 8:42 am

How would one conceivably make something like that?

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:42 pm

I just caught two shiny Psyducks this morning! :D

There are wires that go inside the 3DS to the button contacts so that you can easily trigger a button press through software. There's also a light sensor attached to the bottom screen so that it can detect how long the screen goes black. The shiny animation takes a little extra time, so the screen stays black longer than usual. Everything is controlled by a simple program running on the Arduino board which basically plays the game for you and looks for shiny Pokemon.

Barchan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:05 pm

I decided to try chain-fishing last night. It took me about an hour, but I am now the proud owner of a shiny cloyster.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 3:58 pm

I almost got a Shiny Mewtwo in the GTS. If only one of my Eevee had been 9 levels higher. Oh well.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 9:23 pm

Just chained a shiny Shinx with the Pokeradar!

My cousin got a shiny Mewtwo on Leaf Green after hours and hours of soft resetting! He says it wasn't worth it.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 9:12 am

Yesterday I traded my Shinx for a Zygarde. Yes, you read that right. It wasn't shiny, though, but now I have two Zygarde! 8O

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 10:45 am

Wow, that's awesome! Someone must've really wanted a Shinx bad!
When the Gen 4 GTS was still around, I saw lots of people (mostly from Japan) wanting level 100 legendary Pokemon for stuff like Bidoof and Magikarp. Exactly how do you expect someone to make that trade?

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 10:50 am

The funny thing is that soon afterwards I traded a Gardevoir I didn't need for a new Shinx! :lol:
One annoying thing that I've noticed is people wanting impossibly leveled Pokemon in exchange for rare ones [such as a Lv. 10 Amphardos for a Lv. 100 Mewtwo]. :wall:

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2016, 9:56 pm

I'm chain fishing for a shiny Feebas. In Emerald. What mysterious force made me do that is beyond me.

I'll say something later if I do find one! ^.^

Abyssalrider
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2016, 9:35 pm

My first was technically in Pokemon Crystal, but I don't count those. I count my first as a shiny Onix I encountered training in Victory Road in Pokemon Platinum, not noticing it was a shiny until after my Rayquaza Ice Beam'd it thereby knoocking it out and ruining any chance to catch it.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 11:09 am

Midnightstar16 wrote:
I'm chain fishing for a shiny Feebas. In Emerald. What mysterious force made me do that is beyond me.

I'll say something later if I do find one! ^.^

Good luck with that! There's really no chain fishing to increase shiny probability in Emerald like there is in Gen 6, so expect to encounter thousands of Feebas before you find a shiny.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

28 Aug 2016, 11:11 am

I tried to shiny breed for another shiny Ralts, but no luck. :x If I can't get another one, then I have no idea whether to choose Gardevoir or Gallade, since I like them both!

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2016, 6:28 pm

Oh. Forgot to update, I actually did get one! Her name is Lola, after the very first Vocaloid. She went ahead and evoved, and she's so pretty now! God, you should have seen my face when I found her, though. :lol: