Licensed to carry black man shot by police

Page 8 of 8 [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

McCat
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jul 2016, 3:33 pm

Wow America, you guys are really freaking out huh?

That's what happens when everybody wants to carry guns and nobody trusts anyone.

When you don't have a gun, you can't threaten anyone with it and you don't get shot by the police.
Why you Americans don't understand that?

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 3:37 pm

52 times over the course of the last 14 years, that is a lot altho not as bad when they say once every 4 months. Maybe that department does have an issue, I don't know. Maybe somebody from the area can give better insight on the locale, is it some suburban speed trap or is there a high crime area there or nearby?

I'm not surprised that most of the arrests were prompted off traffic offenses tho if I understand what that means correctly, that's as opposed to them being called out right?

I think body cameras should be mandated for all police nationwide, ambiguity like this is a huge problem.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:05 pm

Jacoby wrote:
52 times over the course of the last 14 years, that is a lot altho not as bad when they say once every 4 months. Maybe that department does have an issue, I don't know. Maybe somebody from the area can give better insight on the locale, is it some suburban speed trap or is there a high crime area there or nearby?

I'm not surprised that most of the arrests were prompted off traffic offenses tho if I understand what that means correctly, that's as opposed to them being called out right?

I think body cameras should be mandated for all police nationwide, ambiguity like this is a huge problem.

Also in the article:

All told, roughly 38 percent of the people arrested by the St. Anthony Police Department since 2011 have been black.

Police in the suburban St. Paul area where a black man was shot and killed during a traffic stop have disproportionately arrested African-Americans, according to an analysis of data provided by the department that shows nearly half of the people arrested this year in the heavily white community were black.

St. Anthony figures for police-issued citations are closer to the demographics of neighboring communities. Twelve percent of its citations issued since 2011 have been to blacks.

I think they have a problem.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:08 pm

ZenDen wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
beneficii wrote:
Police in Castile's locale disproportionately arrest African-Americans:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/apne ... k-40553699

Not PC but is it possible that blacks commit a disproportionate amount of crime in that locale?

In the article:

"Court records show he had been stopped or ticketed more than 50 times in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area."

(Sounds like automotive "Stop and frisk", like they have in NYC.)

"The data provided by the department does not give details about individual arrests, nor does it show when an arrestee was also issued a citation. But the department's annual reports show that the vast majority of its arrests are prompted by traffic-related offenses."

I guess black drivers must be very bad?

Or....????

I have to think, have the police ever considered that they might net as many arrests among white drivers, if they chose to harass said whites in the same way?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:53 pm

McCat wrote:

That's what happens when everybody wants to carry guns and nobody trusts anyone.

When you don't have a gun, you can't threaten anyone with it and you don't get shot by the police.

Why, why, why...isn't that ALWAYS the question???

For instance: Why are there 33% more robberies per capita in The Netherlands than The United States?

Don't your people understand this criminal act should not be done; do you teach this in your schools? There seem to be many criminals per capita in your country. Do these nice people not have morals??? Guess not. How do you protect yourselves from robbery? Is it possible you don't and just submit to the robber's demands??? We don't like to do that here.

What do they use to rob others in your country; if not guns, then knives, smiles, courtesy??? Please be open with us because we would like to know what is wrong with you people, because overall crime in your country is higher as well (especially for such very nice people).

Your's is a very tiny country, with only a population of 17,000,000, about the size of only one of our large metropolitan areas. Plus you have a history of peace while we have one of war...some of this comes from the fact we're vastly younger as a country.

And while we're on the subject of history, your country has a very bloody history of colonization...what did they frighten the unfortunate backwards peoples with during their conquests...tulips?

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 9:38 am

ZenDen wrote:
McCat wrote:

Why, why, why...isn't that ALWAYS the question???

For instance: Why are there 33% more robberies per capita in The Netherlands than The United States?

Don't your people understand this criminal act should not be done; do you teach this in your schools? There seem to be many criminals per capita in your country. Do these nice people not have morals??? Guess not. How do you protect yourselves from robbery? Is it possible you don't and just submit to the robber's demands??? We don't like to do that here.

What do they use to rob others in your country; if not guns, then knives, smiles, courtesy??? Please be open with us because we would like to know what is wrong with you people, because overall crime in your country is higher as well (especially for such very nice people).

Your's is a very tiny country, with only a population of 17,000,000, about the size of only one of our large metropolitan areas. Plus you have a history of peace while we have one of war...some of this comes from the fact we're vastly younger as a country.

And while we're on the subject of history, your country has a very bloody history of colonization...what did they frighten the unfortunate backwards peoples with during their conquests...tulips?

So my post (with all it's bumps and warts) asks a question, concerning some possible social tension, of someone who felt asking such a question of U.S. citizens was socially acceptable. He/she says, in essence, "What is wrong with you? Be like us, all happy and whatever."

I don't like questions and statements from people who aren't able to disclose their own malfunctioning society and merely want to make the U.S. out as a "bad guy." IT'S NOT FAIR.

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 10:11 am

McCat wrote:

Because everyone thinks they are a cowboy.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 11:47 am

AspE wrote:
McCat wrote:

Because everyone thinks they are a cowboy.

So do you think of yourself as a cowboy????? Why so snarky?

How strange. Please describe "cowboy" if you don't mind.
Does it have anything to do with personal freedom, similar to what Great Britain just won back?

I wonder what you think when you say "cowboy".............
Some type of non-conformist who appreciates his American freedoms?
Someone who has rights under the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution
and is unwilling to surrender them to people with un-American leanings?
(Hint: Big Government)