Page 6 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 3:53 pm

hurtloam wrote:
rdos wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Yes it is slow and grows gradually, but you don't look at someone and say, "I'm going to make myself fall for that person because they are good at handling their finances and I like how they are polite and I think they may like me." or whatever you value as good qualities.

You are right, that would never work. At least, it would only be a potential friendship, and not a real romantic interest.

Still, you have to have the "she/he likes me" aspect, otherwise it will only be your own personal dream and fantasy, which will crash sooner or later.

Yes you're right, it will crash, but your feelings don't know that. They grow regardless.

You can avoid it by not going obsessive with somebody unless you know with a high probability that they like you back. You have that option in the beginning before you have gotten too strong feelings.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:13 pm

Okay, men don't understand this. I'm emotional. When I fall. I fall.

It's actually really rare for me to develop strong feelings for someone, so there have to be some good reasons for me to be triggered (for want of a better word) into starting to tumble.

It's the same as when I find music I love. There's just an exquisite combination of factors and it just happens.