Page 106 of 108 [ 1723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 103, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:42 am

Anything, it seems, can trigger anybody.

I understand why certain things trigger people—but this can paralyze people from progressing.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 12:56 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Anything, it seems, can trigger anybody.

I understand why certain things trigger people—but this can paralyze people from progressing.

People who are recovering from anorexia are often urged by their treatment team to avoid calorie counting, especially if they were consumed by the numbers as most people with anorexia are.

In the context of math, there’s no reason why a teacher couldn’t have chosen anything else for a problem.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 2:09 pm

I understand why certain things trigger people.

Calorie-counting would, obviously, trigger a person with Anorexia Nervosa.

I'm just saying that the intent of the test-compilers is not malicious.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2019, 11:41 pm

XenoMind wrote:
Well, I was called a "privileged white male" by quite a few people right here. This white hating thing isn't marginal or rare at all.

Are you really offended by the fact that if you're white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced? That isn't hate, it's objective fact that whining and feeling offended over won't alter.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 3:08 am

funeralxempire wrote:
XenoMind wrote:
Well, I was called a "privileged white male" by quite a few people right here. This white hating thing isn't marginal or rare at all.

Are you really offended by the fact that if you're white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced? That isn't hate, it's objective fact that whining and feeling offended over won't alter.

I can not speak for XenoMind but I have no objection to the statement "if you're white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced". That neutral factual way of describing the problem is not the way the "privilege" word is used by SJW's and often beyond. It is the assumption that because of the accident of birth I automatically have a privilege that needs to be checked. That is called stereotyping.

I also think the way privilege is used is a backward way of looking at the problem. People who do not have to deal with "driving while black" are getting an undeserved benefit, those people are being treated as they should be. The people who have been victims of "driving while black" has been unfairly discriminated against.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 4:12 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
XenoMind wrote:

I can not speak for XenoMind but I have no objection to the statement "if you're white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced". That neutral factual way of describing the problem is not the way the "privilege" word is used by SJW's and often beyond. It is the assumption that because of the accident of birth I automatically have a privilege that needs to be checked. That is called stereotyping.

I also think the way privilege is used is a backward way of looking at the problem. People who do not have to deal with "driving while black" are getting an undeserved benefit, those people are being treated as they should be. The people who have been victims of "driving while black" has been unfairly discriminated against.

Personally I can't say I've used the term 'privilege' in this context used in any way but as I just defined. That's the main reason I'm quick to mock the sort of butthurt responses that seem to be automatically generated in response to any discussion of social justice that includes the word privilege.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

XenoMind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 8:24 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Right here. You don't even know what society I live in, and what my situation is. You just assume that I have some "privileges" because I'm white.
funeralxempire wrote:
white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced?

Or black in a black society? I don't see any people talking about black privilege and the need to stop it, even though there are lots of predominantly-black countries in the world.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 9:15 pm

I think the idea of privilege is ridiculous, all it is doing is measuring victimhood mentality. Sure many different people, many races, both genders, have some sort of benifit over others. All people are not created equal, I say live with that. There are reasons for the "driving while black" issue that have nothing to do with racism, and yes, even black people speak up about it. It's a shame and there are many factors around the situation which led to such results, and yes some of the factors were due to racism, but in today's times it has more to do with the situation rather than racism. Are you aware that more poor people get pulled over than rich people, of all races. Are you aware that more poor people commit violent crimes than rich people, or middle class. Everything in this world is not due to racism, statistically, just to take one catagory, both blacks and whites commit about the same amount of violent crimes per year, blacks make up around 13% of the population while whites make up around 60% of the population, yet both groups have around the same percentage of violent crimes committed per year. What does that say? On average, way more blacks commit violent crimes than whites. This is not racism, this is statistics I've seen someone bring up from FBI records. It has to do with a large number of complex factors and situations which have nothing to do with racism. If we created programs to benifit black communities in poverty, like better education, better rehabilitation programs for people who goto prison (which Trump and others are actually working on), programs to help out parenting skills and help in some way to keep families together, most of these isues including driving while black would go away. Which is why I say the US would be much better off if we helped our own citizens before investing billions upon billions into other countries we as a country and united people of all races would be much better off. You know that saying, you have to help yourself before helping others, apply that to all people in our country. If crime rates simply dropped within the black population, there would be no driving while black situation.

It also doesn't apply everywhere, driving while black. Middle class people tend to have better opportunities and two parent homes(no matter what race you are). kids of single parent homes are much more likely to drop out of school and commit crimes, that applies to all races. In the sixties two parent homes for blacks was around 60% to 70%, while today two parent homes for blacks is around 25%. That is one really big issue. Likewise, single parent homes are increasing in all races other than a few of them. I haven't heard those statistics but I would imagine Asians and ?Arabs?/Muslims?? Not sure what race you call them, I know Muslim isn't a race, The abundant race from the middle east, I would imagine that they have a high percentage of two parent homes because of their strong cultural family units? Can't think of the right word. I know with these two, they appear to do much better in education as well, which again falls back to culture and two parent homes as well as the emphasis the put on making sure their kids do good in school.

Also, for the statistics. Blacks who recently migrated to the US after the sixties have way better communities, have a larger percentage of two parent homes, do way better in school and a larger percentage of them get college degrees, and make way more money(on average), they also have different culture. To point out that culture and race a two different aspects. Like middle class blacks have better culture than the culture within black ghettos, often referred to as prison culture. What we have is an issue of leaving people behind to struggle with sh***y opportunities and horrible education. If blacks had more opportunity within their local communities there would not be a big issue. But the same can be said for poor white communities, same issues. Bad culture, single parent homes, you get the idea. Single parent homes for whites are up to around 25%, and we know what comes with bad culture and poor education and opportunity, crime and drug use. What I'm getting at is it's not a racism issue, if you want to defeat the real issue, you have to tackle the right problem, and it's not stopping police from pulling over black people, to tackle that specific problem you would have to help solve the underlining issue, all the things I just mentioned. If that issue were solved, they would have opportunities and more two parent homes, more wealth, which would result in much lower crime rates, which would put an end to profiling blacks.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2019, 10:03 pm

also it's not just black people. Take me for example, raised in a small town in a rough trailer park full of white people. Because they knew who I was and where I lived I was a target, rightfully so. I have been pulled over about 9 times and searched every time. 8 of those times I did have weed on me, though I keep in mind it's likely i will get pulled over if a cop gets behind me or I mess up in any way, so I mastered the art of clinching my sack of weed in my butt cheeks. It gets a little scary, because you have to spread your legs while they pat you down, if you clinch too hard they will be able to tell, if you don't clinch hard enough your sack may fall. And they love patting your nuts! Also, it's mostly males who get profiled within all races. Why is that? sexist?? No, it's because males in general commit more crimes than females. Needless to say, I got searched 8 times while actually having weed on me and never got caught.

It is my opinion and belief that to solve the issues we as a nation, of all races face, you can't do such by radical thinking like demonizing particular races or giving more privilege to certain races because you think they are being discriminated on. That does nothing but stir up even bigger issues. All people must be treated equally, that doesn't mean that you must profile white people more than blacks or any insane SJW suggestion that solves no issue. Like there is a myth that more unarmed blacks get killed by cops than whites, wrong! I got most of this information from a smart black man, Larry Elder. He actually wishes to solve these issues rather than try to make up for unequal results. For example, If whites committed way more crimes than blacks, and cops started pulling more white people over who they feel look suspicious because of those statistical facts, to solve the issue would not be to not pull whites over. Anyway, it's not a cops pull blacks over more, it depends on a lot of things, like blacks in middle class neighborhoods with low crime do not get pulled over as much as blacks in very bad neighborhoods. In towns with less crime, less people get pulled over. The downfall in the black poor community has a lot to do with the rise of single parent homes.

Here, Larry Elder discussing these issues. Smart man and has factual statistics to go with his opinions rather than just speaking.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 11:36 pm

There Are Four Lights!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2019, 8:57 am

XenoMind wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:

Right here. You don't even know what society I live in, and what my situation is. You just assume that I have some "privileges" because I'm white.
funeralxempire wrote:
white in a white-majority society there's certain struggles you're unlikely to have experienced?

Or black in a black society? I don't see any people talking about black privilege and the need to stop it, even though there are lots of predominantly-black countries in the world.

a) I'm not assuming you're white when I define what white privilege is. I'm merely defining a term. If you take the term personally that's entirely on you.

b) How many of the people who are making those comments live in white-dominated societies? It makes sense that one would comment on what's culturally relevant to their society.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 1:41 pm

In case you hadn't heard, the SJWs have taken over the world of knitting (that's right, knitting) and banned anyone from saying anything positive about Trump.

There Are Four Lights!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 2:09 pm

So much for freedom of association. I guess deplorables will demand to be included no matter how unwanted they are?

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

TheRevengeofTW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2019, 2:12 pm

Darmok wrote:
In case you hadn't heard, the SJWs have taken over the world of knitting (that's right, knitting) and banned anyone from saying anything positive about Trump.

I got something positive to say about Trump. I'm positive he's one of the worst American presidents we ever had! :twisted:

The Spades teach us to conquer all we claim.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2019, 10:04 pm

I have a SJW story to tell. They really do exist and they are real.

On July 3rd, someone makes a post on Twitter ranting about fireworks and how they have PTSD and they want it to stop. I ask "ear plugs, noise cancelling head phones?" and I get several likes to that post.

The next day, that person makes another post but this time on PTSD and fireworks and posts a screen shot of a conversation someone had about fireworks and ear plugs and PTSD and headphones.

Now I think nothing of it but I know right away this post was directed at me. How do I know? Because I checked her page and she was no longer following me. She also had her post tagged as ableism. She had also made my post be about something else like I had some sort of agenda and then she said at the end if fireworks were not illegal, then that would be a valid argument to make. But she never said fireworks were illegal where she is, she did not tell me why my advice wouldn't work for her so instead she had to make a subtweet about me guising it as PTSD and fireworks awareness. She decided to make the worst assumption in my post and twist it and have an agenda. I blocked her ass.

Also not only that, I had given her support back in March or February when she was feeling bad for recommending a guy to follow who she thought was a kink supporter. But he turned out to be a misogynist and only used women who were adult baby girls or littles. I told her it wasn't her fault and he was just manipulative and men who normally complain about always being single and can't have relationships and complaining about every woman hurting him are the ones who are abusive and use women and have no respect for them and blame their problems on women. She thanked me for my tip. But then she does this to me so I was thrown under the bus. Everyone else online had supported me with me and told me she was the one with a problem and I did nothing wrong. Even my husband thinks so too. My online friend from Sweden thinks she deliberately took my post that way because she wanted to criticize and what she did was dirty. She apparently mentioned me in her later tweet and I told him I don't want to hear it if she doesn't give a s**t.

So there you have it folks, SJW people suck.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2019, 12:42 am

League girl, a similar thing happened to me a few years ago, but the man cleverly made his point at me and belittled me so that only I would be able to tell he was doing it.