Creepshamed and felt like an outcast

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Jul 2016, 11:05 pm

So, I went to a convention. (like an Anime convention) and talked to a few girls and I asked one girl if I could take a picture of her. Apparently she felt creeped out and reported me for harassment. I have no clue of what I did wrong at all. The previous day, I asked her if I could take a photo and add her as a friend on facebook, and she accepted no problem and we became friends on facebook, but apparently the next day I asked her, and she ran away and reported me for harassment and unfriended me on facebook and told security and her friends that I creeped her out. Again, I don't understand what I did wrong. I wish she addressed this situation better by telling me what I'm doing wrong. I felt she was being passive aggressive towards me for no apparent reason, and now I'm being made out to be the bad guy. It really feels depressing feeling like I'm being ostracized for no apparent reason. I know I'm autistic, and some people don't quite understand that, so they assume the worst about other people and assume they are bad. Anyone else have a similar experience?

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 11:13 pm

Men doing or saying things in relation to womyn's physical appearance is often a sign of danger. That's probably why she did what she did.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 11:30 pm

Unless you got kicked out of the convention, she did you a favor. The girl obviously has issues.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm

Thinking more on this, this is REALLY stupid on her part. Lets dress up for a convention and not want people to take notice of the cosplay, wtf.

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2016, 11:35 pm

starkid wrote:
Men doing or saying things in relation to womyn's physical appearance is often a sign of danger. That's probably why she did what she did.

She was at a convention, likely cosplaying. Cosplayers dress up to get noticed.

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2016, 12:26 am

Google "Creepshaming"

Honestly I have become so cynical that I feel that people are just out to get me. I feel like I should just stop approaching women because I could go to jail one day just for simply doing that. Good job society. You sure teach the next generation about how people are. *sarcasm*

Densaugeo
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Jul 2016, 1:09 am

Patrick64 wrote:
...but apparently the next day I asked her...

That's your problem. Talking to the same girl twice is often considered stalking.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 1:20 am

Quote:
The previous day, I asked her if I could take a photo and add her as a friend on facebook, and she accepted no problem and we became friends on facebook, but apparently the next day I asked her, and she ran away and reported me for harassment and unfriended me on facebook and told security and her friends that I creeped her out.

This is really odd that in the first time she was all fine, and at the second time she reacted like this.

Something doesn't add up.

But yeah.....forget the cold approach stuff, if you are not a super hot guy then you are more likely to be accused of such things.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 1:22 am

starkid wrote:

According to his story at least, he just asked to take a photo with her, which is a common thing to do at cosplay conventions - he didn't comment on her appearance.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jul 2016, 3:52 am

Maybe she got creeped out or something by his FB profile.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Stargazer43
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 5:21 am

No one but her can say for sure what happened, but I have my suspicions. First, was she dressed up in a special costume or something? If so, then a picture might be normal, but otherwise it would be a pretty strange thing to ask someone.

She was probably creeped out because you already took a picture of her the day before, and then came back the next day to take another picture of her. Taking one picture may be fine, but coming back for more may have felt like stalking to her (you already had one - why would you need another?). It seems like a stretch to report you to security for that, unless there are details to the story that you're leaving out.

Patrick64
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2016, 6:50 am

Densaugeo wrote:
Patrick64 wrote:
...but apparently the next day I asked her...

That's your problem. Talking to the same girl twice is often considered stalking.

because she was wearing different cosplay. This is the problem with society. People are easily scared, at the same time there genuinely are creepy men who have done perverted things ruining it for good people like me.

I just broke up with my ex last night, so now I'm going to avoid women completely.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 7:53 am

The funniest part of all this is that it looks like a good number of people here seem to say that this girl is right lol.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 7:55 am

Why'd you break up with the girl?

CommanderKeen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 8:38 am

Peacesells wrote:
The funniest part of all this is that it looks like a good number of people here seem to say that this girl is right lol.

And the people saying that are wrong.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 8:55 am

It's weird she reacted in such a way. If she didn't want you to take a picture all she had to say was no thank you. Perhaps her second cosplay was more revealing or she wasn't confident in it?

My friend took pictures of loads of people when we were at comic con its usually very common so don't feel ashamed.