Are neurotypicals pack hunters(pack animals)?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2016, 3:04 am

According to wikipedia pack hunters are

Quote:
A pack hunter or social predator is a predator belonging to the animal kingdom, which has evolved to hunt its prey by working together with other members of its species. Normally animals hunting in this way are closely related, and with the exceptions of humans and chimpanzees where only males normally hunt, all individuals in a family group will contribute to hunting

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pack_hunter

Neurotypicals have evolved from a hunter gatherer society so they do not hunt for food. Instead neurotypicals hunt together for other things non-neurotypicals don't hunt for like a sense of belonging to a group, a high place in a social hierachy, the feeling neurotypicals get when they do something negative to people different from them etc.

Why do neurotypicals want a sense of belonging to a group?
According to wikipedia
Quote:
Social animals are those animals which interact highly with other animals, usually of their own species (conspecifics), to the point of having a recognizable and distinct society. Many animals are social to the extent that mothers and offspring bond, and males and females interact to mate, but the term "social animal" is usually only applied when there is a level of social organization that goes beyond this, with permanent groups of adults living together, and relationships between individuals that endure from one encounter to another. In the case of social animals, not having those social interactions can be detrimental to the animal's development; they are crucial. These interactions and socializing help to develop emotional stability and flexibility for the span of the animal's life.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_animal

Neurotypicals are social animals and they require social interaction for their development.

Why do neurotypicals want a high place in the social hierarchy?
According to wikipedia alphas are
Quote:
In studies of social animals, the highest ranking individual is sometimes designated as the alpha. Males, females, or both, can be alphas, depending on the species. Where one male and one female fulfill this role together, they are sometimes referred to as the alpha pair. Other animals in the same social group may exhibit deference or other species-specific subordinate behaviors towards the alpha or alphas.

Alpha animals usually gain preferential access to food and other desirable items or activities, though the extent of this varies widely between species. Male or female alphas may gain preferential access to sex or mates; in some species, only alphas or an alpha pair reproduce.

Alphas may achieve their status by superior physical strength and aggression, or through social efforts and building alliances within the group.[1]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_(ethology)

The reason why neurotypicals want to be alphas could vary from each person. But a lot of neurotypicals seem to want access to preferential mates. Neurotypicals in modern society usually become alphas through social efforts and building alliances with other neurotypicals.

Why do neurotypicals hate non-neurotypicals?
According to this blog
Quote:
One is classic xenophobia, a human reaction to anyone ‘different’ and/or ‘strange’ which has been around since our ancestors lived in tribes in caves, and had to be wary of any strangers who might muscle in on their hunting territory, or even attack, kill, rape or enslave them.

Another factor is a failure of NTs to understand themselves. Their responses to the world and other people are largely subconscious, automatic, intuitive and so quick they don’t even realise it’s happening, they ‘just know’ things. And because they don’t even realise there is a process happening, they don’t seem to get that it isn’t happening for us, that we’ve had to learn consciously, intellectually, and slowly, what they take for granted. Instead, they assume we know the ‘rules’ and are deliberately flouting them, being rude, arrogant, selfish, insulting, etc, etc; and react angrily to that.

One final factor may be simple ‘demonisation’. Every society sooner or later creates a Bogeyman - a whipping boy, scapegoat, hated ‘other’, Foul Thing, an Evil Enemy who sole purpose is to unite folk against it.

http://strangeringodzone.blogspot.co.nz ... te-us.html

According to wikipedia omegas are
Quote:
Omega (usually rendered ω) is an antonym used to refer to the lowest caste of the hierarchical society. Omega animals are subordinate to all others in the community, and are expected by others in the group to remain submissive to everyone. Omega animals may also be used as communal scapegoats or outlets for frustration, or given the lowest priority when distributing food.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alpha_(ethology)

Neurotypicals hate non-neurotypicals because they view non-neurotypicals omegas as scapegoats or people to take their frustration out on.

Non-neurotypicals may be omegas because we are more able to think for ourselves. Most neurotypicals usually just find an alpha to follow or if they can think for themselves they will usually try to be an alpha to spread their views. Non-alphas in neurotypicals outnumber alpha neurotypicals so there is only a small number of neurotypicals that are able to think for themselves.

I do not hate neurotypicals. I find neurotypicals interesting. I would not mind being a neurotypical for a day to find out more about how neurotypicals think.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 5:40 am

I heard a story once about how things worked in an Eskimo village. The hunters went out to catch meat, some men remained behind. One was very friendly with the women and when they got back they found that their women were pregnant. The responsible person (who was a charming individual) had taken advantage of the situation was dealt with decisively.

There are 3 groups here:
1. The people who left, the "doers" that brought back meat and eliminated the parasite.
2. The people who remained behind and took care of the village. They did nothing to prevent the incident.
3. The parasitic guy who exploited the situation.

While i do not expect all aspies to give the same answer as me, i know where i am in this equation (i'd throw the guys remains to the wildlife).

v78d6s4nf8234
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2016, 6:18 am

Ichinin wrote:
I heard a story once about how things worked in an Eskimo village. The hunters went out to catch meat, some men remained behind. One was very friendly with the women and when they got back they found that their women were pregnant. The responsible person (who was a charming individual) had taken advantage of the situation was dealt with decisively.

There are 3 groups here:
1. The people who left, the "doers" that brought back meat and eliminated the parasite.
2. The people who remained behind and took care of the village. They did nothing to prevent the incident.
3. The parasitic guy who exploited the situation.

While i do not expect all aspies to give the same answer as me, i know where i am in this equation (i'd throw the guys remains to the wildlife).

Belonging to group 1 could be a bad thing because that would mean that those who belonged to group 1 had a mob or pack animal mentality that believes in a cruel and medieval punishment for adultery.

Belonging to group 2 could be a good thing in my opinion because in my opinion being apathetic is better than having blood on my hands.

Belonging to group 3 is a bad thing in this situation but in other situations being exploitative could be a good thing. For example if I exploited the bureaucratic system of a psychiatric ward to prevent myself from being locked up in a psychiatric ward then isn't being exploitative in that situation a good thing?

Deciding which group is good or bad all depends on the situation.

Could you please explain the story and the groups in more detail? I find the story and the groups very interesting.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2016, 6:40 am

I heard the story on a documentary about psychopaths and their parasitic behaviour. Cant remember which one since i watch a lot of documentaries on youtube. Purging society of psychopaths is not wrong and i'm guessing you've never met one (but that's a discussion for another thread).