Page 6 of 6 [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2017, 4:06 am

League_Girl wrote:
I started playing again when I finally got a new phone and this time a brand new one than a one handed to me. The game works fine on my new phone and it doesn't freeze and the GPS works in the game and it doesn't throw me in Texas anymore and it actually follows me where I go and it doesn't make me bounce from one spot to another or throw me in another spot I am not at. I also don't have to exit and rest my game anymore to get the right location for the sake of Poke stops. I am already on level 10 where I was before when I quit and I had to start a new one because I used my husband's google account when I played.

I had to buy a new one too because my old one fell into the toilet. This one follows me around and all but doesn't have a gyroscope so I can't use the augmented reality. Oh well.
Btw you coud still log in with your husband's Google account.

New even looks cool, I even found a wild Venusaur two days ago.

jrjones9933
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2017, 6:54 pm

I'm stunned at how suddenly I stopped caring about the game, but I did go through quite a shock and didn't want to go outside for a while.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 12:35 pm

Ever since I got to level 11, I have started to have problems with this game again. GPS gets stuck, it takes a few minutes for the game to load, sometimes the game freezes or I hit a bug and it throws me out of battle and the game still acts like I am in the battle and it won't always let me touch stuff like Pokemon stops or Pokemon when I tap on them. I am thinking about deleting this app again. Maybe I just need a better phone but the problem is they cost several hundred dollars. My phone is a 16 GB but my husband got it on sale so it was cheap and it was brand new. But everything else works fine on the phone but this game. I have already spend $2 to upgrade my bag so that was like a waste of money. But at least GPS in the game doesn't throw me in another location or in another state nor does it make me jump from location to location in one spot making the server think I am cheating. I did meet another woman in the park yesterday and she had the exact same problems I have and said we needed better phones and she used her partner's phone to play the game with him and she had none of those issues on his phone but she does on her new one.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2017, 12:53 pm

Has anyone else gotten this game-breaking bug? I have an Android. An older one, some sort of candy name idk. But the previous update added a stupid and unnecessary "full-screen mode" that makes the symbols on the bottom disappear. On Android phones, there are three symbols on the bottom of the screen that allow you to exit or navigate an app. Some of them have a separate touchscreen just for those symbols, some have them as part of the general screen. Mine is the latter. The full-screen mode covers those symbols so that I can't get out of the game if I want to. It also freezes the game so I can't interact with anything. This doesn't happen as often in the GPS screen, but it always happens in the Pokemon screen. Swiping up on the touchscreen, which is how one normally makes the symbols reappear, doesn't work. The only thing I can do is restart my phone, which means I have to stand there in the cold for five minutes waiting for the phone itself to load, then the several minutes it takes the game to load. Maybe the next update has fixed it but I can't tell because I haven't had the chance to try it out.

Sorry about the long explanation. It's a weird problem.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2019, 1:14 am

Just in case you thought it was over . . .

Local police radio: officers responding to a report of a suspicious vehicle parked outside a closed diner at 1 a.m. Moments later: "We're clear. It's just a guy collecting pokemons."

Another officer breaks in on the radio: "Gotta catch 'em all."

:D

There Are Four Lights!

LonelyRabbit
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Feb 2019, 12:42 pm

I liked pokemon since I was 8 so it's never been a fad for me. I just got a better phone recently and finally downloaded it. I like it and it's cool going to pokestops.

Really, this game isn't for someone like me who has agoraphobia and never leaves the apartment...it's only worth it because my bf has it.

Anyone else still playing it?