Aside from sex, what good are women?

Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:16 am

I read this thread and I'm now in the mood to play sergeant.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:22 am

ShesGone wrote:
I'm not trolling. If it's not for sexual attraction thing, what else women would have more than men have.

Enough sense to not make sexist threads like yours.

ShesGone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2016, 12:35 am

^ Wow, I only asked for WHAT ELSEs because there surely are. And you call me a sexist. Why should be that distorted?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 12:51 am

I say it as I see it. I apologize if I've offended you.

ShesGone
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jul 2016, 12:53 am

^ No, you didn't. Nothing to worry about. :mrgreen:

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:48 am

Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you meant to make a perfect equivalence of the other thread, you should have said "Aside from eggs, What Good Are Women?" and the thread had to be started by a female member.

I wouldn't even care about the gender of the poster if it wasnt only good for sex

I seem to recall you being rather amused at the idea of a bunch of naked men running around in a field like wild animals for you to herd up, and not taking offence to the other thread in general. Much like the guys in that thread, you enabled it (most likely because you didn't care and neither did we).

Dressing up your sentiments here or trying to rationalise bias doesn't make it any less of a bias.

Take offence or claim to be offended if you want to but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Last edited by TheSpectrum on 13 Jul 2016, 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:49 am

Making sandwiches! :P (note: this is sarcasm)

But seriously, men and women are equal, and neither gender is greater than the other. We have our differences, but ultimately we're all human.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:56 am

^

It was me who assumed she liked naked men running on fields, but she did say she would enjoy free range studs (like free range cattle, you know :P).

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:59 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^

It was me who joked about naked men, but she said she would enjoy free range studs (like free range cattle, you know :P).

Yes, I know :P and it was funny.
But I guess it's only funny and "unoffensive" if it's guys.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 5:10 am

I've heard women have greater endurance, but who knows?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:27 am

314pe wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
Men are strong hunters and women are the untiring caretakers.

Women tend to be more in tuned emotionally whereas males are more protective.

Both genders are awesome in my opinion. Like ying and yang they compliment each other.

Hey, I'm perfectly good caretaker and I'm sometimes very emotional.
Alliekit wrote:
I understand he is gay but anyone would be hurt by being thought as only good for sex wouldn't they? (Genuine question). And I have gays friends who don't feel the oposite gender is only good for one thing

But you said the same thing. You said that men are only good for hunting and women are only good for protecting.

Um no I didn't. I said that as in that was tgr traditional old school roles. No where did I say that's all they are good for.

Please don't put words in my mouth. To be honest I think the phrash 'all someone's good for' is ridiculous. To whittle down a person and say there is only one positive thing about them isn't nice

@at spectrum it was a f*****g joke as if I'd really want humans locked up or put in farms!

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:36 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If you meant to make a perfect equivalence of the other thread, you should have said "Aside from eggs, What Good Are Women?" and the thread had to be started by a female member.

I wouldn't even care about the gender of the poster if it wasnt only good for sex

I seem to recall you being rather amused at the idea of a bunch of naked men running around in a field like wild animals for you to herd up, and not taking offence to the other thread in general. Much like the guys in that thread, you enabled it (most likely because you didn't care and neither did we).

Dressing up your sentiments here or trying to rationalise bias doesn't make it any less of a bias.

Take offence or claim to be offended if you want to but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Boo came up with the idea first as a joke. And because I thought it was a ridiculous so I joked about with him. We both understood is was a ridiculous idea and would never want it to happen.

I am allowed to be offended about women being only good for sex but as the op has apologised I'll let it go.

I am allowed to have bad experiences with men wondering have used me for sex

And you can be offended by a joke both males and females were joking about.

Also please explain how I'm 'having my cake and eating'? Considering I stuck up for guys originally in that thread.

All I wanted to do was explain my side to the op which I have and he said sorry to offend anyone which I accept now and realise he wasn't trying to be mean.

Am I not allowed to explain my point of view? Or my personal experience? Which one is it?

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:39 am

TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^

It was me who joked about naked men, but she said she would enjoy free range studs (like free range cattle, you know :P).

So it's also inoffensive that boo said to put guys in stud farms because he is a guy?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:43 am

Alliekit wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^

So it's also inoffensive that boo said to put guys in stud farms because he is a guy?

I'll admit it Alliekit, it was a trap to see how the ladies clique would react to that :P.

I was being satirical.

And the stud farm was Tom's idea, I extended the idea to test the waters.

And all ladies and men fell in the trap except Sweetleaf, no one but her who said that men are humans and that that thread is offensive to the male gender.

Sweetleaf, you win.... a cookie!

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:49 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Alliekit wrote:
TheSpectrum wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^

I'll admit it Alliekit, it was a trap to see how the ladies clique would react to that :P.

I was being satirical.

And the stud farm was Tom's idea.

And all ladies and men fell in the trap except Sweetleaf, no one but her commented that men are humans and this thread is offensive to the male gender.

Sweetleaf, you win.... a cookie!

I'm actually really dissapointed. I'm a fan of satire a d really enjoyed us getting along. I thought we were having fun not that I was being set up to be made a fool of :'(.

I feel really stupid getting tearful because of someone on the internet

I don't understand this ladies clique that I'm not part of. Hell I've never been a part of one ever

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 6:58 am

^
Well, you said that saying that women are only good sex, even as a joke, is very offensive.

So joking about men are only good for sperm should be equally offensive.

So offensive joke about women is not ok, while offensive joke about men is ok? You get my point?