Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

anthropic_principle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2016, 4:15 pm

i am over half way through 21 and i have never touched or talked to a girl past puberty, i have never had a job, i have in fact done nothing in 5 years, i have no friends and no meaning in life.
the lifestyle its pushed me into has also led me to develop a degenerative disease thats ended up basically ruining me physically as well.

how does anyone with this disorder make it to 30?
i am unable to do anything at all.
everyone hates me because of my brain and im too broken and far behind.
i hope we end up being killed as fetuses in the future.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 4:52 pm

Somehow I have made it to age 58. It is a cliche but learning to live day by day helped because thinking of the overall situation is too intimidating.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:48 pm

anthropic_principle wrote:
i am over half way through 21 and i have never touched or talked to a girl past puberty, i have never had a job, i have in fact done nothing in 5 years, i have no friends and no meaning in life.
the lifestyle its pushed me into has also led me to develop a degenerative disease thats ended up basically ruining me physically as well.

how does anyone with this disorder make it to 30?
i am unable to do anything at all.
everyone hates me because of my brain and im too broken and far behind.
i hope we end up being killed as fetuses in the future.

I didn't lose my virginity until I was 22. A lot of people lose their virginity even later than that.

As for not having a job, I totally understand. I'm 25 and I have a pretty patchy employment history (partly because of uni tbh). It sucks to be unemployed but it's not that uncommon, sadly. The economy sucks right now and employers can afford to be picky because of it. The only thing I can suggest is to try and keep busy with learning and volunteering to pad out your CV a bit and gain some experience. At the very least, it can keep you from going stir crazy.

Do you actually have a degenerative disease? If so, would you mind telling us what it is and what kind of things you have to do to manage it? Did your lifestyle actually cause this disease or did it exacerbate it?

The fact that you "haven't done anything" in 5 years makes me wonder if you might have some form of depression. My sister went through a period of her life like that. She had a job but that was pretty much it. She only worked part time and the rest of the time she spent doing not much of anything aside from online role playing, video games, etc. It was worryingBut by to see her like this for so long. Then, after 6 years, she decided to go back to uni and she's doing so much better. She's doing so much more than I was ever able to do and she's just got this spark back that seemed to be lost. But she still had those 6 years to figure out the issues she was going through. You're still young and you can still figure out this stuff, whatever it is you want to overcome.

I think you should maybe seek counselling or something or at least join a club or do a class or volunteer or something - anything - that gets you out of your head and into the world every now and then. I volunteer and I think it's saved my life. It gives me a place to get away from my problems for a few hours and I get to be part of something I'm passionate about.

I know it seems very scary and disheartening right now, but you can get through this. I don't know your specific situation, but I know there have been times were I just wanted to ragequit from life. I know what it's like to feel like that this is as good as it gets and that I'm just too far behind to catch up with the rest of the world. But somehow I'm still here and miraculously still in one piece.

Please don't wish for autistic foetuses to be aborted. Most of us love life. I love life, even if I sometimes find it painful or difficult. As cliched as it sounds, I think that the hardships I have faced have only made me stronger. You are still learning and that's okay. You deserve to feel better about yourself. Your life has value. Please remember that.