I never got a letter like that before...

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 5:10 pm

Just got an email from a job I lost (the one i wanted badly) that basically said I was not quite a fit for that job, but my application was very impressive and to keep looking for job openings with them and apply...

Is this common?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2016, 8:54 am

Angnix wrote:
Just got an email from a job I lost (the one i wanted badly) that basically said I was not quite a fit for that job, but my application was very impressive and to keep looking for job openings with them and apply...

Is this common?

Yes, it is common. If you were close to getting the job, they usually tell you to apply again some other time. Think of it as a compliment.

Kate4432kate4432
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jul 2016, 8:29 pm

Sometimes it also means that they had to hire someone else with more experience or with union hours; if this is the case, definitely keep applying as they will likely hire you if they can.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 7:21 am

Kate4432kate4432 wrote:
Sometimes it also means that they had to hire someone else with more experience or with union hours; if this is the case, definitely keep applying as they will likely hire you if they can.

Their other job openings are not suitable though, they are hiring a bunch of programmers now.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020