Decemberists, Bright Eyes, Bon Iver, Ryan Adams, Fleet Foxes

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2016, 1:14 pm

Anyone here a fan of bands like these? If so, please lemme know and I'd be happy to talk about 'em with you :) Looking forward to hearing answers on this topic!

Bicarbonate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2016, 9:45 pm

I love Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes! I'm into the music, otherwise I don't know much about either. Only that Seattle turns out so many great artists, and that the album Fleet Foxes is worth buying on vinyl... Inside was a sheet a paper with one of the most beautiful explanations of album I've ever read.

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2016, 2:56 am

Bicarbonate wrote:
I love Bon Iver and Fleet Foxes! I'm into the music, otherwise I don't know much about either. Only that Seattle turns out so many great artists, and that the album Fleet Foxes is worth buying on vinyl... Inside was a sheet a paper with one of the most beautiful explanations of album I've ever read.

Yay!! :D That's awesome! It's extremely rare for me to meet an Aspie (at least in my area) who likes these sorts of bands. I like these sorts of bands/musicians because they calm me down and because they often have deep lyrical content that I feel can be applied to my own life. What reasons do you like them?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2016, 3:17 pm

I recently saw the Decemberists live. Highly recommended. They sound great and put on an entertaining show as well. Very lively and upbeat. I haven't really listened much to the other groups listed. I also like the Shins. Very similar to the Decemberists.

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2016, 2:41 pm

marshall wrote:
I recently saw the Decemberists live. Highly recommended. They sound great and put on an entertaining show as well. Very lively and upbeat. I haven't really listened much to the other groups listed. I also like the Shins. Very similar to the Decemberists.

Oh yes. I like The Shins too :)

catunderfoot
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jul 2016, 2:49 pm

I love The Decemberists, and I like the other bands you mentioned, too. I especially like the singer of The Decemberists due to how he talks about his son with autism. He wrote the song "Rise to Me" for his son and for his wife, too. :) It makes me tear up a bit.

I've never seen any of these bands live, but I will say that Arcade Fire put on one of the best live shows I have seen since Bruce Springsteen in the 6th grade. :P

Bicarbonate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2016, 5:57 pm

GriffinGuitar12 wrote:
Bicarbonate wrote:

Yay!! :D That's awesome! It's extremely rare for me to meet an Aspie (at least in my area) who likes these sorts of bands. I like these sorts of bands/musicians because they calm me down and because they often have deep lyrical content that I feel can be applied to my own life. What reasons do you like them?

I also like them because they're calming! There's enough going on in my head, so the last thing I need is loud and obnoxious music. 8O They "recharge" me. Plus, the actual stories behind the songs are just as interesting as the lyrics themselves. Here's the beautiful introductory essay to Fleet Foxes that I mentioned...

https://kodiaksteve.wordpress.com/2010/10/15/an-essay-by-robin-pecknold/

He's the songwriter. But they jokingly credited the essay to Thomas Jefferson. :)

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -Abraham Joshua Heschel

Bicarbonate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2016, 5:58 pm

marshall wrote:

The song titles the Shins come up with are just as interesting as the music! "Caring is Creepy" :)