Page 4 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,311
Location: Adelaide, Australia

10 Aug 2016, 10:01 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ok, that sounds clear. So if I lose weight, will girls be attracted to me?
I used to have the mentality that if I lost weight that guys would fawn over me. Do stuff like that for you and for you only. When I had that mentality it wasn't pleasant. It seemed like people avoided me if anything. Probably because I was so focused on losing a drastic amount of weight and that's all that I thought about.

I know what I said was off topic but I've been through this.
If you wanted guys to be interested in you, you should have just shown them your Game Boys, as in your profile pic. Do you have a collection of Game Boys?
Yup. The Game Boys in my profile picture are both mine.
Cool! Very retro!


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,273
Location: the island of defective toy santas

10 Aug 2016, 11:01 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've been eating healthier. Snacking on fruit. Maybe 4 or 5 apples or peaches per day.
But fructose is a type of sugar, right? Will that much fruit and me fat?


that is too much fruit sugar, IMHO. limit yourself to 2- for example, one apple for fiber, one banana for potassium/fiber. or blueberries for their anti-oxidants. the body takes excess sugar that it can't metabolize all at once, and via insulin transforms it into body fat.



Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2015
Age: 119
Posts: 1,939

11 Aug 2016, 3:36 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
Ok, that sounds clear. So if I lose weight, will girls be attracted to me?


I'm not overweight and girls have never been attracted to me. Don't expect girls to just flock to you if you lose weight.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,311
Location: Adelaide, Australia

12 Aug 2016, 3:47 am

auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've been eating healthier. Snacking on fruit. Maybe 4 or 5 apples or peaches per day.
But fructose is a type of sugar, right? Will that much fruit and me fat?
that is too much fruit sugar, IMHO. limit yourself to 2- for example, one apple for fiber, one banana for potassium/fiber. or blueberries for their anti-oxidants. the body takes excess sugar that it can't metabolize all at once, and via insulin transforms it into body fat.
Just as I suspected. Even fruit has to be limited. That was my last non-taboo snack. I guess when I get hungry between meals the solution is to just stay hungry.

Is that what thin people do? Or are they able to eat as much as they like while staying thin?

I've often wondered, when I saw thin people, did they get that way through restrictive eating or are they're just naturally thin?


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,273
Location: the island of defective toy santas

12 Aug 2016, 4:23 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've been eating healthier. Snacking on fruit. Maybe 4 or 5 apples or peaches per day. But fructose is a type of sugar, right? Will that much fruit and me fat?
that is too much fruit sugar, IMHO. limit yourself to 2- for example, one apple for fiber, one banana for potassium/fiber. or blueberries for their anti-oxidants. the body takes excess sugar that it can't metabolize all at once, and via insulin transforms it into body fat.

Just as I suspected. Even fruit has to be limited. That was my last non-taboo snack. I guess when I get hungry between meals the solution is to just stay hungry. Is that what thin people do? Or are they able to eat as much as they like while staying thin? I've often wondered, when I saw thin people, did they get that way through restrictive eating or are they're just naturally thin?

from what i've read, naturally thin people tend to have higher levels of testosterone compared to estrogen, even females. testosterone makes more lean muscle which burns calories more effectively, they have a higher resting metabolism. they don't even have to exercise for this to be the case. they are genetic lottery winners. for the rest of us born under a lesser god, we have to exercise to build lean muscle. and it is not just any exercise, especially NOT "run of the mill" [a pun ;) ] aerobic exercise [running or pedaling for hours] which more often than not results in "skinny fat." the most effective exercise is "old school" super-high-intensity burst [e.g., repeated sprints] exercise, or interval training which is a gentler form of that, where you run flat-out for maybe 90 seconds to 3 minutes, then slow back down to cruising speed for another 3, to be repeated for no longer than a half-hour, every other day. exercising vigorously for longer than a half-hour per session raises cortisol levels [a stress hormone the body puts out when it detects accelerated wear and tear], this causes increased fat deposition around the viscera. you must have a "rest" day [though on this rest day you will still do some kind of low-intensity exercise such as vigorous walking]. true rest one day per week, my rest day is Saturday.
in addition, avoid almost all sugars always! sugars hide in things like wheat products, potatoes [but yams and sweet potatoes are actually healthy and preferred over white potatoes as they metabolize slowly], pasta, white rice, anything starchy or made primarily of flour, a refined carb. you should NEVER let yourself get truly hungry [where you feel it in the back of your throat and the pit of your stomach] because that is a prelude to the body ratcheting down metabolism still more. dietary fat does not make one fat, it is sugars which insulin converts to body fat which make one fat. in-moderated stress makes one especially fat as cortisol causes the deposition of fat in the viscera, the apple-shape which is the worst for one's health. eating fat [things like coconut milk, cheese, eggs] and protein curbs hunger pangs and "sticks to your ribs" [satisfies for the duration]. you also can always plenty of non-starchy veggies, with the exception of carrots which should be moderated. I get mine in the form of veggie juice, I guzzle that stuff, washing my cheese and lean protein down. where you can have a bit more of carbs is after vigorous exercise where it will as glycogen be deposited into your depleted muscles. brown rice, sweet potatoes or yams, whole oats and quinoa are good.
remember to eat about a third of your diet [maximum safe level] of protein or else you won't effectively build muscle. I like the rule of thirds regarding diet.



RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2013
Age: 31
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,311
Location: Adelaide, Australia

19 Aug 2016, 4:44 pm

auntblabby wrote:
exercising vigorously for longer than a half-hour per session raises cortisol levels [a stress hormone the body puts out when it detects accelerated wear and tear], this causes increased fat deposition around the viscera.
Stress makes me fat! 8O No wonder I'm fat. I'm stressed at work all the time. I'm doomed :x


_________________
The days are long, but the years are short


auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Feb 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 90,273
Location: the island of defective toy santas

19 Aug 2016, 4:47 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
exercising vigorously for longer than a half-hour per session raises cortisol levels [a stress hormone the body puts out when it detects accelerated wear and tear], this causes increased fat deposition around the viscera.
Stress makes me fat! 8O No wonder I'm fat. I'm stressed at work all the time. I'm doomed :x

I had a high-stress job also, you are NOT doomed, what I did was every night after work i'd go swimming a mile's worth of laps, that burned off calories and stress. plus my clothes fit lots better. highly recommended. :idea: