Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

aja675
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2016, 10:13 am

Who else has problems in getting away from it because part of them wants it? I mean, personally, I often want the next closest thing to negative attention, despite not wanting negative attention itself. I guess I find positive attention boring and I want to be noticed in a quirky manner.

obsessingoverobsessions
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Jul 2016, 10:40 am

My (not so) younger self could have related to this. I used to do some odd things to get noticed because not many people gave me positive attention. I used to bark and growl like a dog even when I was 10-11, because I wanted to be seen as unique, and I also told others when I was about 13 that I knew their death date and could see into their future. I've matured quite a bit in the last year though (I'm now 14).

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

aja675
Toucan
Toucan

15 Jul 2016, 3:34 am

I do want positive attention, just not in a lame vanilla way, that's what I've learned.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2016, 11:55 am

I don't like any kind of negative attention, though if somebody wants to pick a fight then there are times when I'd find it satisfying to give them one. The only kind of attention I want is for a few people to be reasonably interested in me and my ideas, and to like being with me and co-operating with me. It embarrasses me to be over-admired, and anybody who wants to berate me can go away and come back when they can approach me in a civilised manner about the problem they have with me.