Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2018, 3:12 pm

wee_gary wrote:
I currently have a Casio CZ-1000

Nice.
I've used The CZ-1000, Poly 800, DX-7, Cheetah and Atari st from that list. People complain about programming the DX7 but it's fine. I had one and it really complimented the CZ-1000.
Do you have a CZ patch book?

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2018, 3:07 pm

Welcome wee_gary!

I'm your friendly neighborhood (tad bit silly) guardian gatekeeper :D

Hope you will enjoy the forum.

wee_gary
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Sep 2018, 7:54 pm

domineekee wrote:
wee_gary wrote:
I currently have a Casio CZ-1000

Nice.
I've used The CZ-1000, Poly 800, DX-7, Cheetah and Atari st from that list. People complain about programming the DX7 but it's fine. I had one and it really complimented the CZ-1000.
Do you have a CZ patch book?

I actually started with the DX-7 (had one before) and other FM machines like the PSS-680 and my TQ-5. Then I moved on PD synthesis (CZ-1 and CZ-1000) and then analogue so I never understood why so many people struggle with programming FM machines like the DX-7.
'Always seemed straight forward enough to me but, maybe, if I came at it from the other end (Analogue first) I'd find it a bit trickier.. I don't know.

I have 3 patch books. ^_^ They, like most of my life, are currently in storage. I am currently in temporary accommodation.

LoneLoyalWolf wrote:
Welcome wee_gary!

I'm your friendly neighborhood (tad bit silly) guardian gatekeeper :D

Hope you will enjoy the forum.

Hi and thanks. ^_^

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

01 Oct 2018, 3:31 am

My first Synth was a DX7 and my first drum machine was a TR626 but my best buy was a DAT machine. Other musicians started bringing their gear over to the studio to record their tracks and would leave their kit.
At one point there was an MC 202, SH09, TR606, TR707, TB303, Sequential Circuits 6 Track, and a massive Oberheim 4 voice module. All belonging to other people and all left in the studio for weeks on end.

Good luck finding somewhere to live. Yesterday I had to pack up my caravan and put it in storage till May 2019, I'm at a friends house (he's away) for a week or so and then I don't know what. My stuff is mostly in the back of my car. I can't seem to settle.

Hope you're somewhere nice.