Is it fair for husband telling you where to work?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 8:58 am

I actually had a job in New York City... but nobody, especially husband, supported it... so i had to turn it down. Now I applied to a job in Florida, in a city where my husband has a cousin (and he said possibly other distant relatives) and there are lots of people of his ethnic group. So if course he really wants me to get that one... both jobs are compairable, gov. jobs that last 6 months.

Is this fair? I felt like going off to NYC and leaving him behind! What if I don't get this job?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ok
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jul 2016, 10:55 am

Friends and relatives always have an opinion about moving away.

When my girlfriend moved away to study in another city, I yelled at her and told her not to go. She became mad with me, and my family told me that I should let her go away. She lives in another town and enjoys visiting me and we still have a romantic relationship. I hope she will move back in with me one day.

I afraid that men sometimes get angry and have very clear ideas about what is right or wrong. It makes us yell and behave like idiots. But we do that with the best intentions.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:03 am

It's fair for anyone to say, "My way or the highway" and so is it for the other person to take the highway.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.