Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2016, 11:31 am

Being queer just isn't compatible with me. I'm terrible at interacting with people who are the same age and gender as me. That will make queer dating a nightmare. Unless I can move to a foreign country so people can blame my quirks on being foreign. I sometimes have vague feelings for men. It would be easier to just date men so I can blame my quirks on being female. Too bad I don't want to date men for whatever reason.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 1:58 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Being queer just isn't compatible with me. I'm terrible at interacting with people who are the same age and gender as me. That will make queer dating a nightmare.

I found that to be very true.

Right up to that moment I met someone who was just as terrible at it as me.

We've been nearly inseparable for 26 years.

The best way to find someone like you, who likes you...is to do the things you love to do, without worrying about who or what you are when you are doing them.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 3:00 am

Edenthiel wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
Being queer just isn't compatible with me. I'm terrible at interacting with people who are the same age and gender as me. That will make queer dating a nightmare.

The best way to find someone like you, who likes you...is to do the things you love to do, without worrying about who or what you are when you are doing them.

Sounds kind of hard. People who are similar to me just don't complement me. I want to date someone who's artsy (like me), outgoing, has a wide variety of interests and is spontaneous. Instead I attract people who aren't artsy, extremely introverted and have narrow interests.

I attract a lot of people with narrow interests. Those narrow interests could be anime or sports. They're generally interests I don't share. No idea why I attract those types. I'd understand why if they had interests in common with me.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2016, 8:00 am

Quote:
I'm terrible at interacting with people who are the same age and gender as me.

Maybe you would be more comfortable with an older or younger partner? I've known many couples separated in age by decades who have been very happy.
Regardless of age though, with someone who is really compatible with you, you shouldn't have to "blame your quirks" on anything. This is what you're like, and they like the whole you without you having to try and hide parts of yourself.

Edenthiel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 12:26 am

DevilKisses wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

Sounds kind of hard. People who are similar to me just don't complement me. I want to date someone who's artsy (like me), outgoing, has a wide variety of interests and is spontaneous. Instead I attract people who aren't artsy, extremely introverted and have narrow interests.

I attract a lot of people with narrow interests. Those narrow interests could be anime or sports. They're generally interests I don't share. No idea why I attract those types. I'd understand why if they had interests in common with me.

Does your city have an art crucible? Hang out there. Find some capacity, some reason, to be there whether as an artist or volunteering or whatever. You will meet more artsy people that way, as it is a very different environment than those frequented by the anime/sports crowd. I've noticed they also tend to be far more spontaneous, sometimes to an extreme.

DevilKisses
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2016, 1:51 am

C2V wrote:
Quote:
I'm terrible at interacting with people who are the same age and gender as me.

Maybe you would be more comfortable with an older or younger partner? I've known many couples separated in age by decades who have been very happy.
Regardless of age though, with someone who is really compatible with you, you shouldn't have to "blame your quirks" on anything. This is what you're like, and they like the whole you without you having to try and hide parts of yourself.

Kind of hard at 20. I'm young enough that older partners will take advantage of me, but I'm old enough that dating a younger partner will make me seem like a creep.
Edenthiel wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:
Edenthiel wrote:
DevilKisses wrote:

Does your city have an art crucible? Hang out there. Find some capacity, some reason, to be there whether as an artist or volunteering or whatever. You will meet more artsy people that way, as it is a very different environment than those frequented by the anime/sports crowd. I've noticed they also tend to be far more spontaneous, sometimes to an extreme.

There's an art scene. I'm just not sure if there's enough queer people for me to date. I'm already part of a small art collective, but it's full of senior citizens and special needs people. Not a great place for dating. When I have more finished artwork, I'll try to join bigger collectives.