Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Dark_Citadel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2016, 11:34 pm

PhosphorusDecree wrote:
There are things I do which I think MIGHT be stims, I'm not sure. This is all new to me!

Fiddling with small objects. Small toys with mechanical features are a favourite- right now I've got hold of a tiny spring-loaded metal seige catapult I got from a castle gift shop.

Sweet! I got one too! Mom got it to calm me down because the crowds were getting pretty big and I was not handling it well.

Redxk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 1:10 am

Repeated vocalizations (mix of verbal & nonverbal), shake small items and watch how they respond, flick my fingers against the side of my head--always the right, even though I am left handed.

rileydaboss2000
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2016, 7:41 am

I tend to flap and run around on the spot very often, along with bouncing up/down and making random squeaking noises. I also slowly repeat sentences as well many times over, and that pretty much sums up all of my stims :)

HKHall
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2016, 11:48 am

Most of mine are pretty subtle or innocuous...to the point where I didn't even realize they were things until I re-framed my perspective a little bit with some greater understanding of the spectrum.

*White sitting, I bob my knee up and down....to the point where I can shake floor boards and tables without realizing it. This was the first thing I realized was even a stim at all; I had written it off as a nervous habit for so long that thinking of it within the context of stimming kind of blew my mind.
*Flipping/spinning/twirling objects.
*Picking at blemishes, facial and otherwise
*Pacing while thinking
*I don't know if this counts, but I prop my head in my hand while thinking or reading...which drives my wife somewhat nuts, because I dig my head into my head so hard that my cheek is often bruised from my thumb. I don't even realize I'm doing it.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 5:13 pm

I've been recently playing with the plug on my Nintendo DS charger. It makes this crisp, pleasurable creaking sound when I flip it in and out.