Why are other people getting away with things I wouldn't?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

TheWalrys435
Raven
Raven

12 May 2017, 1:09 am

Aspergers445 wrote:
The reason why NTs get away with things that Aspies wouldn't is because NTs are idiots. They enjoy singling Aspies out and think they are the perfect ones and we are thick and stupid, etc. One thing that pisses me off is when I am walking along my road or anywhere else for that matter is people overtake me a lot and if I try to overtake others I just get moaned at and accused of having no respect for other people. One day I am going to put my foot down and tell whoever accuses me of having no manners by saying "by the way you are talking to me you are the one with no bloody manners!". I have had enough of being treated differently by people at my previous job and my stepfather. My stepfather won't accept, understand or appreciate me for who I am. If I swear he will shout at me but he does enough swearing himself and that makes me angry. He swears a lot in front of me and he doesn't care that it upsets me. If I have an autistic meltdown he just loses his temper and shouts at me. He doesn't like the fact that I have Asperger's and does everything he can to make my life miserable. Sometimes my mum sticks up for me but usually she just makes excuses for him and that's him getting away with things. As for my former boss and colleagues, they thought I was a rude, selfish b***h and thought I just ignored them and didn't care when in actual fact they ignored me a lot and acted like I didn't even exist when I tried to talk to them. It's obvious I am not going to be missed now I am no longer working for that company.

Wow. That's a heavy post you made there. Similar experience here. My step-father is an alcoholic, abusive douche who came down real hard on me when I lived at home with them. My mother made excuses for him. He brought the outside worlds natural hostility to aspies into my home leaving me with no safe place to go. Having no safe place to go creates a feeling of dread that can only be understood by those who've felt it.
You mentioned the desire to tell people off for treating you unfairly. In my experience, this only makes matters worse. It's like, when I've tried to reason with people about how and why I feel that I'm being treated coldly and/or unfairly, they just laugh or sometimes even get worse.
I've just completely lost the belief that I can effectively express myself to others. Attempting to rectify the situation through my own means has exasterbated the situation almost without fail. My own solution is to accept that I'm simply not going to be able to fix it. Just have to live with it. Life to me is like a broken record. It plays the music but skips and jumps regularly deminishing the overall experience.

W91T
Toucan
Toucan

13 May 2017, 6:07 am

TheWalrys435 wrote:
Aspergers445 wrote:
The reason why NTs get away with things that Aspies wouldn't is because NTs are idiots. They enjoy singling Aspies out and think they are the perfect ones and we are thick and stupid, etc. One thing that pisses me off is when I am walking along my road or anywhere else for that matter is people overtake me a lot and if I try to overtake others I just get moaned at and accused of having no respect for other people. One day I am going to put my foot down and tell whoever accuses me of having no manners by saying "by the way you are talking to me you are the one with no bloody manners!". I have had enough of being treated differently by people at my previous job and my stepfather. My stepfather won't accept, understand or appreciate me for who I am. If I swear he will shout at me but he does enough swearing himself and that makes me angry. He swears a lot in front of me and he doesn't care that it upsets me. If I have an autistic meltdown he just loses his temper and shouts at me. He doesn't like the fact that I have Asperger's and does everything he can to make my life miserable. Sometimes my mum sticks up for me but usually she just makes excuses for him and that's him getting away with things. As for my former boss and colleagues, they thought I was a rude, selfish b***h and thought I just ignored them and didn't care when in actual fact they ignored me a lot and acted like I didn't even exist when I tried to talk to them. It's obvious I am not going to be missed now I am no longer working for that company.

Wow. That's a heavy post you made there. Similar experience here. My step-father is an alcoholic, abusive douche who came down real hard on me when I lived at home with them. My mother made excuses for him. He brought the outside worlds natural hostility to aspies into my home leaving me with no safe place to go. Having no safe place to go creates a feeling of dread that can only be understood by those who've felt it.
You mentioned the desire to tell people off for treating you unfairly. In my experience, this only makes matters worse. It's like, when I've tried to reason with people about how and why I feel that I'm being treated coldly and/or unfairly, they just laugh or sometimes even get worse.
I've just completely lost the belief that I can effectively express myself to others. Attempting to rectify the situation through my own means has exasterbated the situation almost without fail. My own solution is to accept that I'm simply not going to be able to fix it. Just have to live with it. Life to me is like a broken record. It plays the music but skips and jumps regularly deminishing the overall experience.

Same, when I tell them they wont believe me and decides to never talk to me again, too bad about your father.