If Trump wins, a coup isn't impossible here in the U.S.

Page 4 of 5 [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:10 pm

Trump said today he wants to send American citizens to Gitmo. Which is illegal, so the military would be obligated to refuse the order. I could see that escalating into a military coup.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:12 pm

I have a strong suspicion, IOW I would not put it past him, that the rump would make the FEMA camps VERY busy by locking away disagreeable/undesirable American citizens.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:28 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Trump said today he wants to send American citizens to Gitmo. Which is illegal, so the military would be obligated to refuse the order. I could see that escalating into a military coup.

Really? For what offences?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ! !! !!

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 11:35 am

Quote:

I don't know. I don't even know if he's talking about convicts, or people who have been arrested and haven't gone to trial yet. I assume he wants to torture them. I think he's also said he wants American civilians to be tried by military courts.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 4:01 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

I don't know. I don't even know if he's talking about convicts, or people who have been arrested and haven't gone to trial yet. I assume he wants to torture them. I think he's also said he wants American civilians to be tried by military courts.

I wonder if he's talking about American Muslims suspected of being involved with terrorism. If allowed to get away with that, then that could open the door for him to start sending away anyone opposed to him.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 4:57 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if he's talking about American Muslims suspected of being involved with terrorism. If allowed to get away with that, then that could open the door for him to start sending away anyone opposed to him.

Not true. Undocumented aliens are liable to deportation. But naturalized citizens have very well established rights. They will not be "sent away" by decree. The matter is handled under law. Disgraces like the way the American born people of Japanese descent are not likely to happen again unless there is a war on. If there is a legal state of war then almost anything goes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2016, 8:51 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
YippySkippy wrote:
Quote:

Not true. Undocumented aliens are liable to deportation. But naturalized citizens have very well established rights. They will not be "sent away" by decree. The matter is handled under law. Disgraces like the way the American born people of Japanese descent are not likely to happen again unless there is a war on. If there is a legal state of war then almost anything goes.

Well, maybe he will use the excuse of the country being at war to silence enemies.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 7:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it; Clinton will win both the popular and electoral college vote. Even if that human Cheeto with a dead orangatang stapled to his head is seen as the next messiah in red state America, the rest of us are still the majority.

The odds are very much in Clinton's favor. If she wins, Bill will have his third term.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 7:59 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
I wouldn't sweat it; Clinton will win both the popular and electoral college vote. Even if that human Cheeto with a dead orangatang stapled to his head is seen as the next messiah in red state America, the rest of us are still the majority.

The odds are very much in Clinton's favor. If she wins, Bill will have his third term.

Or at least he'll be First Lady. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 8:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

first gentleman, nominally.

Lukeda420
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 8:45 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Yes because Hillary can't think for herself. She's just an extension of her husband. :roll:

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 12:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

First Dude? First Guy?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 4:08 pm

I remember back when jerry brown and Linda Ronstadt were an item and he was considered as presidential candidate material, wags were wondering what to call Ms. Ronstadt as a white house occupant- "first best friend"?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:28 pm

BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
BaalChatzaf wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

First Dude? First Guy?

First Dude is too Pailinish.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:29 pm

auntblabby wrote:
I remember back when jerry brown and Linda Ronstadt were an item and he was considered as presidential candidate material, wags were wondering what to call Ms. Ronstadt as a white house occupant- "first best friend"?

There's always been rumors Jerry Brown is actually gay.