Therapist trying to help autistic client shot by police

Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 11:37 pm

YippySkippy wrote:
Makes me sick.
"Whoops, we didn't mean to shoot the innocent black guy. We meant to shoot the innocent autistic guy."
"Oh, well then. Carry on."
:roll:

If it's any consolation, then... lying-unarmed-on-your-back-with-your-hands-in-the-air-while-black may not be a crime, after all.

... unless the police officer has crappy aim, of course...

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 1:21 am

YippySkippy wrote:
Makes me sick.
"Whoops, we didn't mean to shoot the innocent black guy. We meant to shoot the innocent autistic guy."
"Oh, well then. Carry on."
:roll:

The cop will probably fired for not shooting the autistic guy. No demonstrations or riots involved for shooting him. Public would accept that autistics stims are threat the the therapist's life.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 3:48 am

Well this one takes the proverbial cake! black lives matter could not invent this stuff

the officer clearly should not be in service since he could not hit the innocent young autistic man playing with his toy truck (whom he was aiming his weapon at) and struck the carer lying on his back.

He should seriously hang his head in shame...

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 8:27 am

The police union are lying.

Their "incompetent marksmanship" excuse might just seem vaguely plausible if they had not handcuffed Kinsey after shooting him. You don't cuff a person you just accidentally shot while attempting to protect them.

In other lies, they claim they were attempting to negotiate, but also that they could not hear Kinsey. How exactly does negotiation work when there is no two way communication? It's just nonsense.

The facts may eventually come out, but the explanation that they were not shooting an innocent, compliant, unarmed man but "missing the autistic guy" is not believable.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 8:35 am

Police have become too trigger-happy. Just because some guy says he has a gun doesn't give the cops license to shoot the guy. It's getting ridiculous.

Eric Garner, the "big" guy the cops killed in a chokehold, was just selling loose cigarettes in the street. It wasn't like he was robbing people.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

22 Jul 2016, 8:54 am

The news link with the officer's pathetic excuse is even worse. And what of mistaking a toy truck for a firearm? This cop must be so stupid I don't know how he ever got through primary school let alone became a police officer!

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:16 am

Edenthiel wrote:
We used to be called 'citizens'. Now law enforcement refers to us as 'civilians'. Perhaps it's a mistake to give preferential hiring to war vets? Especially given that we do practically nothing to help our Iraq/Afghanistan veterans stand down and reintegrate fully into civilian life. Instead, we hire them on as law enforcement after training them that civilians - usually darker skinned, other-ethnicity ones, especially (since that's who they saw) - are all potential radicalized deadly threats.

Layer on top of that the very disturbing trend of law enforcement shooting anyone who isn't perceived as complying, such as people with mental illnesses, deaf people, developmentally disabled people...something is *seriously* wrong with law enforcement. Especially when it seems they are more concerned with covering up and denial than actually fixing the problem.

Also, what's with using a variant of the slur, "ret*d" (ie "guntard") as a derogatory term on this thread? It's rather disappointing, given how often "autistic" is used the same way against us by NT people. And how there are people here on WP who are themselves developmentally disabled, you know?

Hi Edenthiel, What a terrible situation. You said:

"We used to be called 'citizens'. Now law enforcement refers to us as 'civilians'.".......
........and this is what they call us 'to our faces.

Because, in the police mentality, on one side you have the women and men in BLUE and their families (oh, so precious) and on the other side you have everyone else. There are none as trustworthy as your BROTHER IN BLUE however. The most trustworthy can not be trusted because even when you want a raise they will/may often oppose you and your brothers....etc..

Then you have ordinary people, who at any time, may turn into savage killers or thieves....even the Mayor of your town is suspect....you must always be on guard; trust only fellow officers. It is important you watch and understand the actions of these people and what they may be hiding.

Because, you see, it's always the "thin blue line" that must take control in times of panic; you must control the scene and people within it. These people are trained to be suspicious of anyone around them....usually it's us "civilians" that are the "potential" criminals....and to be wary of....nice training programs these folks have...designed to keep us separate.

THE FIRST RULE IS ALWAYS TO PROTECT YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER OFFICER. And this extends through the crime scene investigation all the way through trial (if necessary).

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:34 am

The police forces here are just enjoying the "Military" game too much.

It used to be S.W.A.T. units were comprised of the toughest, most stable cops they could find.....the reasons are obvious....and they would deploy them in times of unusual danger.

But now, with the glut of military weaponry made available to locals at little or no cost, everyone must now operate all these items, regardless of suitability. The thought of all these police aiming their surplus weapons at a therapist and patient shows us how ridiculous this has become; ridiculous and dangerous, that is.

Yet, do you ever hear serious voices suggest controlling this mess??? (which also kills black people disproportionately) or do you only hear (after black deaths have been pushed to the background) about the valiant police who were killed andtheirfamiliesandhowwonderfultheyareandneverdoanythingwrongetc?

This situation gives the police more power...just what they want (and more money of course) and politicians want their vote and to use them like a club, if necessary. Pretty ugly.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

22 Jul 2016, 11:05 am

I have to believe this officer will be held responsible, incompetence is not an excuse and there really is no justification I can think for this. At the absolute very least this person should be fired. Maybe this was a Johnny-come-lately to the scene? It really needs an explanation and hopefully soon!

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 11:51 am

Jacoby wrote:
I have to believe this officer will be held responsible, incompetence is not an excuse and there really is no justification I can think for this. At the absolute very least this person should be fired. Maybe this was a Johnny-come-lately to the scene? It really needs an explanation and hopefully soon!

I agree, this will be dealt with, and dealt with swiftly. As much as the boys in blue protect their own, they also know a media shit-storm would ensue if action wasn't taken in an egregious case such as this.

That said, we STILL need to talk about it (b***h and complain), or else there wouldn't be the threat of a s**t storm-- it would be acceptable and de facto "legal" at that point because there would be no opposition.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 12:45 pm

SpiceWolf wrote:
Ok so presumably if we give him the benefit of the doubt, he felt the Autistic patient was a threat, either to himself, or to Mr Kinsey.
So what part of shooting the innocent man, suddenly made the threat go away?

You know, if you kill the innocent man yourself, he's definitely not going to be killed by the dangerous autistic patient. Sure that counts for something! Especially if you're so brave and selfless you do it while knowing you'll end up exposed to that dreadful peril alone.

It didn't exactly work out as it was to be expected, but, hey, there's no denying the officer did his damnedest best.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 3:45 pm

Everyone thinks it's fine to shoot autistic people. I posted the news story with a comment on social media, and not a single one of my friends or family even bothered to react to it. They don't care.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jul 2016, 4:21 pm

I'm going to be creating a petition. If anyone wants to help write it with me, please let me know.

BuyerBeware
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 4:55 pm

Every week I lose a little more respect for the human race.

I can tie this straight back to BLM, without even stretching my logic.

People are on edge. All kinds of people. Black people, white people, blue people... All kinds of people. And edgy people tend to do stupid things.

Like think that looting, arson, and ambush are reasonable, rational responses to violence based on racial stereotypes.

Or think an autistic guy having a meltdown and his therapist trying to settle him is a hostage situation and call police.

Or assume that the black guy must be a threat to the white guy...

...or that it would be safer to shoot the large, clearly disabled white guy with an object in his hand because he must be a threat to the other guy...

...or that it's a good move to say, "We meant to shoot the unarmed disabled person instead." Because, you know, BLM is A Thing, but nobody could blame anybody for shooting an autistic, because everyone knows how dangerous those are.

God, I am so. Unutterably. Tired.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 9:18 pm

And here we have the police "lie machine" going into action.

The last report I read confirmed the shooter was aiming at the patient and accidentally hit the therapist.But the article also said he'd thought the patient was going to harm Mr. Kinsey, and that is why he discharged his weapon.

How this could happen is unfathomable...he doesn't say a bee stung him....or that a butterfly deflected his
shot...so how does that happen...that he's aiming at one thing and the bullets go somewhere else?? The answer is it can NOT happen, unless something was in the way.

The chief also said the shooter was very sorry and that he hoped Mr. Kinsey would get well soon. I'll just bet
he 's hoping.So if he was so damn sorry why did the person that they knew was shot "accidentally" by this fool, have to lie bleeding handcuffed behind his back for 30 minutes...were they hoping he'd die?

The police "lie machine" is just as stupid as they are.

alex
Developer
Developer

22 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

In these types of situations, cops usually don't hit the thing they're aiming at. Even cops that are experts at the gun range will have horrible accuracy in a live real world situation.

ZenDen wrote:
And here we have the police "lie machine" going into action.

The last report I read confirmed the shooter was aiming at the patient and accidentally hit the therapist.But the article also said he'd thought the patient was going to harm Mr. Kinsey, and that is why he discharged his weapon.

How this could happen is unfathomable...he doesn't say a bee stung him....or that a butterfly deflected his
shot...so how does that happen...that he's aiming at one thing and the bullets go somewhere else?? The answer is it can NOT happen, unless something was in the way.

The chief also said the shooter was very sorry and that he hoped Mr. Kinsey would get well soon. I'll just bet
he 's hoping.So if he was so damn sorry why did the person that they knew was shot "accidentally" by this fool, have to lie bleeding handcuffed behind his back for 30 minutes...were they hoping he'd die?

The police "lie machine" is just as stupid as they are.