Michael Moore: Trump is going to win

Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 10:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
this poor person ain't votin' for The Rump, and I resent being lumped in with other poor who it is claimed will vote for him.

Neither is this poor person, and neither is my wife.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2016, 10:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
this poor person ain't votin' for The Rump, and I resent being lumped in with other poor who it is claimed will vote for him.

too bad we can't seem to persuade more of our working-class associates to do likewise. :scratch:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:12 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

too bad we can't seem to persuade more of our working-class associates to do likewise. :scratch:

The poor and working class are hardly homogenous, anymore than any other group. And like any other group, they have both intelligent and hopelessly stupid people.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:17 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

The poor and working class are hardly homogenous, anymore than any other group. And like any other group, they have both intelligent and hopelessly stupid people.

I feel sympathy for the latter group even as they make life much harder for me by consistently voting against their [and my] best interests.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:20 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I feel sympathy for the latter group even as they make life much harder for me by consistently voting against their [and my] best interests.

Me, too; and yet I find myself wanting to grab them by the face, and slapping them silly.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Me, too; and yet I find myself wanting to grab them by the face, and slapping them silly.

although i'm not a religious person, I am reminded of this passage (from Luke 23:34) - "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
this is hard to do because many of those [I live surrounded by them] people hate me because i'm different from them.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:36 am

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

although i'm not a religious person, I am reminded of this passage (from Luke 23:34) - "Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do."
this is hard to do because many of those [I live surrounded by them] people hate me because i'm different from them.

I admittedly don't get much hate, though I used to get loads of contempt.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 3:41 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I admittedly don't get much hate, though I used to get loads of contempt.

I get heapin' helpin's o' both whenever I show my face out in my neighborhood. I try to go out earlier in the day when most of 'em are away somewhere, and later at night when most of 'em are indoors.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2016, 5:33 am

Really, choosing between Hillary or Trump is pretty much choosing the same person in regards to the the reasons they say/do the things they say/do, and you'll jump on either due to the things important to you.

If you care about say, the 1st and 2nd, and a national platform, you'll jump on Trump more

If you care about refugees and illegals (and not as much for the 1st/2nd), and a more global platform, there's Hillary

Both blame the small amount that abuse these things and blame the whole for such.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 12:41 pm

shlaifu wrote:
happily, the american presidency is, by design, quite weak. He won't be able to get anything done either, but this time that's a good thing.

If he wins, he gets access to the nuclear launch codes.... Think about it.

docfox
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2016, 12:56 pm

The poor aren't what's going to push Trump to win (if he does), the shrinking middle class will.

The middle class is evaporating as jobs go overseas, like it or don't like it. And trump is appealing to them to fix that far better than TPP-supporting Clinton ever could

Call it pandering to the 'uneducated', call it righting a wrong that both party establishments supported, call it whatever, that's the main issue of this election.

Oh and the fact it's been abundantly made clear HRC is paid-for by the same banks and corporations she's saying she'll curtail is definitively helping Trump.

Oh and I'd wager the Berners being screwed by the DNC (as is now more or less confirmed by Wikileaks) also isn't helping her cause. I know 10 or 12 'Berners', so to say, 5 were Trumpers after he lost, I think 8-10 are now with the email leaks.

Calling it now: Trump will win, but not because he's a good candidate, purely because Hillary has so much baggage that Trump is preferable to many. Get Biden the nod 'in the interest of the party' and I bet he'd surge 10 points above trump within a week (Not that I'm a Biden fan by any means, but he has farrr less baggage than Hillary)

And no, I'm not a Bernie supporter.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 4:03 pm

"As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
H.L. Mencken

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2016, 4:12 pm

docfox wrote:
Oh and I'd wager the Berners being screwed by the DNC (as is now more or less confirmed by Wikileaks) also isn't helping her cause. I know 10 or 12 'Berners', so to say, 5 were Trumpers after he lost, I think 8-10 are now with the email leaks.

Seems like a hard sell ...

thoughtbeast
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 12:43 pm

:arrow: 5 Reasons Why Trump Will Win

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 3:36 pm

^^^and it isn't even Halloween yet. :alien: an embarrassing landslide for Trump and i'm stuck here to deal with the mess. :|

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 3:41 pm

auntblabby wrote:
^^^and it isn't even Halloween yet. :alien: an embarrassing landslide for Trump and i'm stuck here to deal with the mess. :|

The fat lady hasn't sung yet.