Tried internet dating again...history repeated itself

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 1:34 pm

I gave internet dating another try after first trying it back in '09. Same thing happened as when I did it before. I pay for a membership, I send some messages, and I get zero responses. I am the odd man out in the digital age.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 1:53 pm

In reality that's the standard rate of men on dating sites.

Dating sites are sausage fests

and DO NOT believe their stats on sex ratios - they are all liars and they all boost female numbers with fake profiles.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 3:48 pm

Marknis wrote:
I gave internet dating another try after first trying it back in '09. Same thing happened as when I did it before. I pay for a membership, I send some messages, and I get zero responses. I am the odd man out in the digital age.

Try a free dating website like OKCupid next time. Then if you don't any replies, at least you are not paying for it.

LookWhoItIs
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2016, 11:02 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
In reality that's the standard rate of men on dating sites.

Dating sites are sausage fests

and DO NOT believe their stats on sex ratios - they are all liars and they all boost female numbers with fake profiles.

Even if the female profiles aren't fake per se, they may not be paying members. Non-paying members can't answer messages. I had this problem on match.com.

lidsmichelle
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 11:24 pm

Don't use pay sites, especially without checking for legitimate endorsements from people who've successfully used them.

I agree that OKC is pretty decent. I used it for a long time before I decided to take a break.

There are women on OKC, at least lesbians lol.

Herein You Will Find Various And Numerous And Innumerable Hexes, Curses, Words In The Old Tongue To Cleave A’Twain Friend, Foe, Family Alike. If You So Choose. Money Hates Me, God Hates Me, My Wife Hates Me, My Own Hands Hate Me. But Thats All Beside The Point. The Point Is That My Time Here On Earth Runs Short. Im Not Dying But You All Are. Im A Glass Of Wine. Nothing Beats A Glass Of Wine. When The Kids Arent Home And Your A Mother Theres A Glass Of Wine There. A Glass Coffee Table And I’m A Glass Of Wine. Stressful Day When The Kids And you're Husband Then Glass Of Wine. Dark Chocolate Indulge. Petty Indulgences. When you're A Glass Of Wine And Let The Body’s Hit The Floor. When Your Glass Of Wine Is Running Short And You Say Heck What Of It. Why Dont I Have Another. Bartender I Am A Glass Of Wine. Bottoms Up And The Devil Laughs. The Bartender Remembers When It Happened. They All Remember When It Happened And If They Knew That You Dont Remember Then They Would Know That Something Is Awry Here Or So They Would Think. Something Would Be Amiss Or Smells Fishy. So Theyre All Relating There Stories Of Where They Were When That Event Happened And The Eyes Move Clockwise About The Room Where We All Share Our Glass Of Wine And Suddenly The Clock Ticks To You And They Ask The Fatal Question That Destroys Your Reputation, The Question You Could Never Answer, The Dead Giveaway: Where Were You When The Bodies Hit The Floor

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2016, 11:38 pm

I have given up, because the ones I interact with seem to want me to be their errand boy when I barely know them, or want me to give them money for their bank accounts. If I knew them very very well, no problem, but not really really early in the game.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!