Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

kaspermedmusen
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jul 2016, 2:40 pm

Earlier in life I had a period of two years when I was estranged from my family and friends and just lay flat in my apartment depressed reading and thinking about society. How society works and how people work. I had identity problems back then. I became so interested so that before I had an appointment I went through the meeting beforehand and imagined what the result would be if I used a chosen approach. But because I am autistic the result rarely matched my belief so I became upset and sometimes hostile about it.

So now I really give this thought a chance: How will the NT person react to the situation and to what I say? (What will the result be?)

This is important. But very hard. If I choose the wrong approach to deal with a problem (an approach I feel is the right one) the result will be negative and I will not be satisfied. Taking the right approach to a problem is something aspies need to learn. It does not have to be the approach oneself thinks is the correct but rather the one we think the NT will prefer.

Has anyone been successful in getting the result desired every time there is an appointment. Sometimes I feel like they think I am handicapped and do not know the best for myself when it in fact is the opposite.