Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

cherrybob25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Jul 2016, 4:20 pm

Currently getting assess for a personality disorder and generalised anxiety disorder . I know this sound stupid but was anyone scared to tell their mums/partners as I feel literally scared in case people see me different . Also is borderline personality disorder more severe out of the other disorders? Thank u .

transsupernatural
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2016, 4:51 pm

Well the good news is you won't have to disclose your dx to anyone if you don't want to. I've been dx with bpd before, wrongfully so, but it does have a lot of stigma. But the stigma is bigger than reality in most cases. Personal I think bpd is not worse than the other personality disorders. As long as one can control any abusive tendencies, that is. And I'm saying that because I've met a couple people with bpd that tried to be malicious . But most people with bpd are not malicious. Read about the personality disorders and some examples. All of them are spectrums

cherrybob25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

24 Jul 2016, 7:37 am

Thank u so much for the advice it really helped . Will look it up :) think it's not reAlly knowing just now is the worse part tbh as u kinda have to get to grips of a possible diagnosis. And really research into it lol. I myself have heard of people with bpd who have had abusive tendies.

Bathtub1
Butterfly
Butterfly

30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

That is a big fear for me, dx of personality disorder. I wonder if you are doing an inventory or EQ or association test? You will be really tough to deal with a diagnosis effectively... That would be really hard to come to terms with. What gives me hope is that there is so much we don't know about the brain, immune system, etc. I hope they figure out some way to treat your anxiety and get you back in shape. :)

borderline is not one of the most stigmatized...self-injury is sort of a marker they've used for it, but not every self-injurous person is borderline. Pubmed might have some papers about it (probably shouldn't read list of expressions if you think you would be swayed to answer a certain way).

Good luck to you and please update if possible!!

cherrybob25
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

30 Jul 2016, 5:27 pm

Well still waiting to hear back for an appointment to carry out tests but just with speaking to a guy who says whether or not u need psychiatrist help he told me to look up generalised anxiety disorder and personality disorders but I have noticed that I have a fair few signs of borderline personality disorder .. yeah there is hope :) the brain is a magnificent thing lol . trying to prepare myself for a diagnosis but people always say ur never ready for a diagnosis.. bathtub1 have u been diagnosed with any personality disorder if u dont mind me asking lol ?:) just kinda want to hear people's opinions to brace myself I suppose and thank u for ur kind words :)