Obama probably the best President during my lifetime

Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
But I recall you said you were going to vote Republican this year, a while back.

Bill, you just demonstrated that you can't recall things said to you less than an hour before, how is it that suddenly you're remembering things I said months ago? I probably did say that I was likely voting GOP this year because Hillary was going to be the Democrat running and I'll go out of my way to vote against her, but what does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

Kraichgauer wrote:
That, and you seem to think Trump and his supporters are just so misunderstood, thanks to that evil media reporting everything racist and stupid that they say.

The problem with you and your ilk, Bill, is that you see evil in the hearts of anyone who opposes you because you're so righteous in your cause; I'm not righteous, I'm realistic, and that means I see shades of grey where you see black and white. Go ahead, try and spin that into some conspiratorial view, it's what you do.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And what's wrong with Clinton Supreme Court appointments? God forbid that the ACA not be overturned, or that voter suppression and idiot bathroom bills be stopped!

I don't care that much about the ACA or who uses what bathroom, which I'd think you'd know by now, you know, if you didn't have that extremely selective amnesia that makes you think everyone who thinks differently than you is a cookie cutter conservative. Given my interests, I'm surprised it's not glaringly obvious what problems I'd have with Hillary's potential appointments.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And if Pence is the guy who Trump hands actual control of government to, then I might just prefer Trump's incompetence to Pence's malignant bigotry, as well as his march to absolute plutocracy!

Sounds like a conservative version of Hillary...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2016, 2:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
But I recall you said you were going to vote Republican this year, a while back.

Bill, you just demonstrated that you can't recall things said to you less than an hour before, how is it that suddenly you're remembering things I said months ago? I probably did say that I was likely voting GOP this year because Hillary was going to be the Democrat running and I'll go out of my way to vote against her, but what does that have to do with anything we're talking about?

Kraichgauer wrote:
That, and you seem to think Trump and his supporters are just so misunderstood, thanks to that evil media reporting everything racist and stupid that they say.

The problem with you and your ilk, Bill, is that you see evil in the hearts of anyone who opposes you because you're so righteous in your cause; I'm not righteous, I'm realistic, and that means I see shades of grey where you see black and white. Go ahead, try and spin that into some conspiratorial view, it's what you do.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And what's wrong with Clinton Supreme Court appointments? God forbid that the ACA not be overturned, or that voter suppression and idiot bathroom bills be stopped!

I don't care that much about the ACA or who uses what bathroom, which I'd think you'd know by now, you know, if you didn't have that extremely selective amnesia that makes you think everyone who thinks differently than you is a cookie cutter conservative. Given my interests, I'm surprised it's not glaringly obvious what problems I'd have with Hillary's potential appointments.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And if Pence is the guy who Trump hands actual control of government to, then I might just prefer Trump's incompetence to Pence's malignant bigotry, as well as his march to absolute plutocracy!

Sounds like a conservative version of Hillary...

Yes, I see evil in the hearts of everyone, including me - cynicism seems to walk hand in hand with us Lutherans, especially since, as with the Calvinists, we see all human nature as morally depraved. :lol:
As for seeing the world as black and white - the right is more likely to accuse the left as evil, godless, pro-gay masturbators.
And while I will always mourn Bernie's loss at his Presidential run, Clinton, for all her failings as an amoral political operator and stereotypical lawyer, is still light years better than Pence, with his voter suppression, and Anti-LGBT bigotry.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:27 am

Probably a deliberate pun. Wish I came up with it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 12:38 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Probably a deliberate pun. Wish I came up with it.

what would that be?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 5:47 am

Instead of saying "crux of the matter," Viper said, "Cruz of the matter."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2016, 6:00 am

^^thank you KK :flower: the cruz of the matter is that pence is IMHO just as atavistic a force as the ooze. I can't help but ponder the fact that the present POTUS/VPOTUS have been as scandal-free and pleasantly fair-minded a pair of leaders as any in recent memory. but in the remote event that billary gets in there again, I will smile bigtime :mrgreen: and make a big bowl of hot buttered popcorn [normally verboten] and enjoy the greatest hits all over again :lmao: