Page 2 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2007, 11:50 pm

I'd love to hear it but I've got that stupid green puzzle piece popping up and I think its telling me I need Windows Media Player 11 - horrid program and one I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. Could you possibly megaupload or sendspace some of that?

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 1:02 am

Is megaupload another upload site?

Likho
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2007, 2:34 am

Your voice is greeaaaat! I wanna sing like that :(

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:38 am

Likho wrote:
Your voice is greeaaaat! I wanna sing like that :(

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:39 am

Graelwyn wrote:
methinks wrote:
You have a lovely voice,Graelwyn,nice timbre and control for this music.What is your musical background?

Various. Been in choirs, been voice trained by an opera singer for a time and had music lessons for the better part of 5 years. I just had the voice really, before training. Not had any lessons for a long, long time now, I sing for pleasure. Used to do amateur dramatics...musical stuff, but nothing else. Always wanted to do something with it, but too hard to get into.

you've been more into it than i ever dared,
i also sang from the time i was a little girl,
but rarely dared to admit to anyone that i would have liked to take lessons,
once they told me "just go", and i went to the musicschool but never entered that door,
i've been crying like hell.
i have started lessons to read music four years ago and started to play the trumpet (quite a victory, i started because i wanted to encourage my children learning music, that was a good excuse :roll: )
now i dare to sing more easily (about time at 39!),for friends and children(it's a start :? ) a few weeks ago i did some recording at a friend's (musician) house, i asked to put the microphone so that i'd be with my back to him, it's so very difficult to have eyecontact. i don't even know whether it is because i'm uncertain, i had the impression that it was more because it gets me out of concentration,
it's such a special atmosphere to be devoted to singing.

you have a great voice Graelwynn ! ! hope you'll do something with it, it's not too late you know (some people say such things but it's nonsense, there are plenty of artists who work till they're eighty years old)
later you could always go teaching, but your voice is too good to be doing that right away,
really, there are plenty of people not having half your talent who do sing on a professional basis.
i like the second song best cause you can hear more of the different heights of your voice, it is as beautiful in the lower octaves as in the higher ones (although i must say that your voice is so awesome in the higher notes--sorry don't know the correct vocabulary in english, hope you understand what i mean)

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 5:45 am

i'm now playing both songs at the same time, it's very nice too, the interaction between the higher and the lower tones

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:31 am

i did not like it
but have heard much worse

edit: i only listened to half the first one

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:11 am

Kosmonaut wrote:
i did not like it
but have heard much worse

edit: i only listened to half the first one

knowing you don't like it doesn't really add anything for anyone you know,
as a general rule people don't tell such things, it's just as easy not to point out what you don't like and concentrate yourself on things you do like.
especially if someone is fragile about it.

in art people are much aware of the fact that some like it and others not, but it's no need to rub it in.

i wonder what is the sense of telling that you don't like it?

are you seeking attention from Graelwynn?(there are plenty of other ways to do so)

do you want to make her feel bad? (i suppose not?)

are you fighting for you freedom to say anything that comes to your mind?(true very aspie, but just a basic sense of what hurts people is a necessity if you want to live some life,
and as you may have noticed a lot of aspies here are aware of that)

would you like her to convince you of the quality of her voice?

you are intriged but don't know how to say that?

or maybe you just haven't thought about it? (if you didn't, maybe you might want to do some logics next time when you say something about someone else, try to know what you are actually wanting to say and check out whether you really do)

maybe you can edit some more ? :wink:

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:43 am

i have a compulsion to post thing on internet forums.
sometimes i give my opinion.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 9:34 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Is megaupload another upload site?

Yeah.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:15 pm

Kosmo... considering the other opinions, yours is really of no relevance to me. One voice among the many means nothing to me. My self esteem may be low but it is not so low that I do not know my voice is good, regardless of what you might think. :wink: Also you might like to remember that most singers you hear have powerful mics, editing and background orchestration. :) But regardless, if that is your opinion, fine. You posted it. You said your piece and I feel no overwhelming desire to hear anymore.

Lemon... I was not too bad as a child... in fact, apparently I would sing at anything that moved, lol, from a young age, No confidence issues back then...those came as I got older. I have sung on stage... I played the Mother Abbess in The Sound Of Music when I was about 14, and watched some of the older ladies in the front row crying as I sung lol. I liked to watch peoples' reactions back then. It is odd, I actually found it easy to look once I had lost my initial stage nerves. Now, I turn into a trembling wreck just at the idea of singing into mic for this....

Of course, it is made worse by the lack of background music... I had hoped the mic might pick up some of the CD I was singing too... it is hard hearing yourself as voice only. It is great you have started music lessons and can sing for people now... I think I would turn into a trembling wreck lol and when I am nervous my voice shakes. What range are you?

I am best on high notes as I am more of a soprano I think.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:31 pm

You have a very strong voice for sure.
As do many welsh people ( i dont know why), and this is obvious. How many people sing acapella and sound good ? Most of these pop-singers can't hold a note and verge on shouting.
But what you were singing sounded terrible, it would be hard to make that sound good.
It was all over the place, too fast and you were trying to be too fancy.
You have a good voice, but are not an opera singer.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 3:45 pm

Kosmonaut wrote:
You have a very strong voice for sure.
As do many welsh people ( i dont know why), and this is obvious. How many people sing acapella and sound good ? Most of these pop-singers can't hold a note and verge on shouting.
But what you were singing sounded terrible, it would be hard to make that sound good.
It was all over the place, too fast and you were trying to be too fancy.
You have a good voice, but are not an opera singer.

I never said I am an opera singer. I am not aiming to be an opera singer. I do not have an opera voice.
I did not try to be anything, I simply sung the same as I do every day in my life. It is one of my few pleasures in life.
I am not Welsh.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 4:07 pm

i have a terrible voice. i hardly even speak nowadays.
i have a good ear though and would like to learn the piano or keyboard.
i am not welsh either, though some of my relatives are and i have lived there. Even though my relatives are welsh, they do not like welsh people either.
i am glad i am not your neighbour, if you are singing that all day. My neighbour has a karoake session until 4am in the morning every thurday. that is bad enuff :lol:

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:19 pm

It is not all I sing.
I sing a lot of different things. It is just I like that group at the moment.
I sing old stuff like the Carpenters too and show music.

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:30 pm

i approve of the carpenters.
Superstar is a masterpiece, they also have lots of rubbish.
I have all there albums on mp3 disc.
She could sing like nothing else, but all that love stuff sounds real corny. Makes me cringe a bit, but she can sing.