Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Kosmonaut
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:30 pm

i approve of the carpenters.
Superstar is a masterpiece, they also have lots of rubbish.
I have all there albums on mp3 disc.
She could sing like nothing else, but all that love stuff sounds real corny. Makes me cringe a bit, but she can sing.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:41 pm

I love Superstar. She was amazing... an idol since I was very young.
I have a fair few albums. I like 'Bless the beasts and the children'.
Agree about rather a lot of love songs, but then that is the tragic irony as she never really found love in her own lifetime.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 3:40 am

Graelwyn wrote:
Of course, it is made worse by the lack of background music... I had hoped the mic might pick up some of the CD I was singing too... it is hard hearing yourself as voice only.

that's the reason why it's so great, your voice is still wonderful and stable (and a little trembling actually adds to the performance, even when you tremble it only gives a little emotional touch but it doesn't make you lose you voice, that's just great)
i hope you find a way to singing for people again, maybe together with someone?

It is great you have started music lessons and can sing for people now... I think I would turn into a trembling wreck lol and when I am nervous my voice shakes. What range are you?

as i said i have never really admitted to someone how much i wanted to sing, so don't even know how i should know what range i can sing. there is something odd, i can('could' cause i don't sing everyday anymore, i now practise my trumpet) sing quite high and also very low, but there is a problem in between, and that's right in the middle of the regular sol key(? i don't know the words in english).
as i do more trumpet now, this strenghtens my muscles(giving me more power to sing) but makes me lose the higher tones. i have much less trouble playing the trumpet for people(not that i have really done that, only when i have visitors i don't stop playing, don't feel embarrassed at all) it's more like "i hope you stand the noise folks :D " and then i'm out, into the music.

I am best on high notes as I am more of a soprano I think.

i don't know exactly what soprano and so stand for (i mean i know vaguely what a soprano, tenor, bass and so is but from which note to which note i have no idea), did you ever sing Purcell or so? it seems your voice would be prefect for that.

sunnycat
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 9:16 pm

Wow, you can sing! I think people who can sing are really lucky because they have a poweful tool to express themselves and touch the hearts of others...I think you can do great things with your voice....You got the talent, you got the ideas, you got the depth and wisdom...:)

techstepgenr8tion
SomeRandomGuy
SomeRandomGuy

06 May 2007, 10:22 pm

Heh, any chance your post this in another form? Still curious to hear ya :).

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 10:34 pm

Beautiful - better than Celine Dion!

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 12:03 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Heh, any chance your post this in another form? Still curious to hear ya :).

Let me see what I can do...

Flagg
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

07 May 2007, 12:03 am

You sing like a goddess.