Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 11:51 am

When it's a beautiful sunny day in September, like it is now, I feel anxious and uneasy because it's always on beautiful sunny days with nothing ominous going on that there's a terrorist attack or a country gets nuked. Last night I read on Wiki that North Korea tested a bomb that's even worse than the ones the Americans used to nuke Japan in WWII, which many other countries were opposed to. I had a really hard time falling asleep.

In Canada we don't have any weapons of mass destruction, why can't the rest of the world be that way? :(

CatLady53
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Sep 2016, 1:13 pm

This is going to sound out there but right now, snakes. For some reason animals are attracted to me, especially birds and reptiles. I moved to a location where there are a lot of snakes and lizards so it makes it tricky to hide from them. For the past few years it has been large lizards, think iguana sized, coming to my window or watching me outside while I garden. This is not paranoia, they have actually stuck themselves to my windows to look at me multiple times. One year a very large one would perch outside my window every day for about a month, people were amazed when they saw him. He was never aggressive to me, even when I got really close to him outside. Lately, the problem is snakes, I see that they are curious about me and want to approach me rather than slither off, which is creeping me out. I cannot garden in certain areas anymore because they would come and slither at my feet. So I'm staying away from the garden and only tending to my porch plants and they have found me. I had to call my spouse one day because one came to my front door and sat on the bench to stare at me through the window. I saw it slither away, sent my spouse pics and videos and had him check the porch when he got home and he found nothing. So I went back outside and not 5 minutes later the damned snake was back on the bench, this time staring at me, my spouse and my youngest.

So my main fear right now is snakes, because they are kinda stalking me. I love animals and I was able to get over my spider fear but the snakes, I just can't....

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 2:58 pm

Giant spiders. Elephant sized ones that is.

keira
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 3:37 pm

I sometimes have this irrational fear that when lost in my thoughts I might start talking them out loud without realizing it. It has never happened but for whatever reason sometimes it scares me.

tanq

15 Sep 2016, 3:59 pm

I sometimes avoid looking out of dark windows or in dark rooms for fear I'll see a phantom staring back at me. This really seems irrational to me because I don't believe in ghosts, but I still fear my mind will conjure up a terrifying image.

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2016, 8:12 pm

saxgeek wrote:
I'm unnecessarily afraid of being shot. Like when I'm leaving school and enter the empty parking lot, I have this paranoia that someone's hiding somewhere with a gun ready to pull the trigger and shoot me, and I tend to get in the car and leave quickly.

Oh, I worry about that too!

whatamievendoing
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2016, 5:28 am

Does fear of falling in love count as weird?

AnaHitori
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 8:05 pm

whatamievendoing wrote:
Does fear of falling in love count as weird?

That might be normal.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 1:56 pm

When I yawn a lot but don't really feel tired or sleepy, I worry it's an early symptom of an illness. Or that there's not enough oxygen and my body is struggling not to suffocate.

A lot of people on the spectrum don't seem to yawn when other people do. It's because we lack empathy, which of course is absolutely horrible and we can't possibly live happy, decent lives. :roll: