Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2016, 10:24 pm

I've noticed that ai tend to not show signs of inebriation/being high after taking substances suc as alcohol. For example, I interacted with a sober person while being drunk, and the next day asked thst person if I appeared drunk, and he/she said that I didn't. I definately feel the effects, but appear to be better able to control myself while under the influence than most people. Thoughts?

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jul 2016, 10:25 pm

muffinhead wrote:
I've noticed that ai tend to not show signs of inebriation/being high after taking substances suc as alcohol. For example, I interacted with a sober person while being drunk, and the next day asked thst person if I appeared drunk, and he/she said that I didn't. I definately feel the effects, but appear to be better able to control myself while under the influence than most people. Thoughts?

How many drinks did you have?

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2016, 10:31 pm

5-6 for a 140 lb male

alex
Developer
Developer

29 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

muffinhead wrote:
5-6 for a 140 lb male

Over what time period?

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

29 Jul 2016, 10:34 pm

My doctor said I could have one 12 oz. bottle of Lolita Sangria (0.5% alcohol content) per week. I did after supper, and woke in the hammock at dawn.

I never had another.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm

I can see where you are coming from with some drugs and I am assuming your talking about both from the title and your post but I would strongly recommend considering yourself inebriated when drinking alcohol even if you don't show it. It might hit you at an inconvenient time, like when your convincing a cop your not committing public intoxication. As for drugs, know your limits, thats really all there is to it. Know how whatever substance effects you and act accordingly.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2016, 10:50 pm

alex wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
5-6 for a 140 lb male

Over what time period?

2 hours

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2016, 10:51 pm

Its often the folks who have a "hollow leg" , and can put away large volumes of alcohol with no seeming effect who are the ones become alcoholics.

Brandon30
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2016, 12:02 am

I found pot is far more potent on me. People have likened my description of Cannabis highs to Estacy before. It's like a dumbed down shroom trip with instense pleasurable sensations

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2016, 5:50 am

The alcohol in medicine knocks me out. I'm also pretty sensitive to medication in general.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 4:23 pm

I can have one drink without feeling tipsy at all. If I have 2 or more, I usually feel slightly tipsy. I don't usually get tired or angry. There was one time on New Years Eve when I started arguing about welfare after 5 drinks over a 6 or 7 hour period, and I usually avoid conflict.

Mostly, I get really silly and feel relaxed.

I tend to get hungover a lot slower than most people.

Canadian, young adult, student demisexual-heteroromantic, cisgender female, autistic

Chichikov
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 4:44 pm

muffinhead wrote:
5-6 for a 140 lb male

You can't live in the UK. Over here that's what we have at home before going out to drink :lol:

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm

As of around 3 years ago I hardly drink. I over think everything and I think my way into a state of melancholy or even depression when drinking so in the end just knocked it on the head. Not easy in the UK. I reckon at least once every 2 weeks I have to explain (make up) Why I don't want to be drinking.

As a teenager at school I got into drugz and found cannabis was OK for a while but kind of did the same as drink so wasn't helping. Ecstacy was amazing but the come down is just something else and for someone who gets the blues it just ain't great. Coke is coke and everyone on it is annoying no matter how much they think they are not.

With drink before the thinking kicks in i am really talkative, a bit hyper and really excitable.

rats_and_cats
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 5:29 pm

I haven't had alcohol yet because I'm not old enough, but judging by how other substances affect me I'm afraid to.
Substances as in laughing gas and anti-anxiety pills, and secondhand weed.
I can generally keep myself under control when I have laughing gas. It's funny because I can still hear but because my eyes are closed and my breathing slows down the dentist and hygenist like to gossip thinking I'm asleep :lol: I get really weird hallucinations as well. Usually nebulae and star fields, and once I saw my male rats in pink dresses dancing to a song on the radio. I've been needing less and less of it as I get over my fear of dentists. Right now I only need it for procedures that require needles. I don't like it though because nothing feels real and my entire body goes numb.
Xanax has the same nothing-is-real feeling. I can't focus on anything. Can't form a coherent sentence. Can't even read. I've tried halving the pill, same thing. And in quarters it doesn't even do anything.
Long story about the secondhand weed, but basically I ended up leaving the room because I was sick to my stomach and my anxiety was through the roof.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2016, 6:29 pm

muffinhead wrote:
alex wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
5-6 for a 140 lb male

Over what time period?

2 hours

What kind of alcohol? like beer or hard liquor drinks? You were probably drunk enough to feel the effects but not so drunk you were stumbling or slurring words or anything.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 7:47 am

I too can be 10 shots hard liquor down, I'm talking mainlining one after another, and appear completely normal.
Which is typical as I have a (hopefully) past history of alcoholism. But I also have a documented drug resistance to intoxicants such as anaesthetics, narcotics, etc and a partial insensitivity to pain. So, I need more of it to have an effect and apparently that effect is less than normal for my weight range.
As for what effect upwards of 15 shots in quick succession has - it slows my mind down. Stops the constant, constant spinning, and just mellows me out into nothing.
Which I enjoy. Hence the alcoholism, and the abstinence.