Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2016, 7:47 am

I too can be 10 shots hard liquor down, I'm talking mainlining one after another, and appear completely normal.
Which is typical as I have a (hopefully) past history of alcoholism. But I also have a documented drug resistance to intoxicants such as anaesthetics, narcotics, etc and a partial insensitivity to pain. So, I need more of it to have an effect and apparently that effect is less than normal for my weight range.
As for what effect upwards of 15 shots in quick succession has - it slows my mind down. Stops the constant, constant spinning, and just mellows me out into nothing.
Which I enjoy. Hence the alcoholism, and the abstinence.

muffinhead
Toucan
Toucan

01 Aug 2016, 12:26 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
alex wrote:
muffinhead wrote:
5-6 for a 140 lb male

Over what time period?

2 hours

What kind of alcohol? like beer or hard liquor drinks? You were probably drunk enough to feel the effects but not so drunk you were stumbling or slurring words or anything.

Beer and hard liquor.

middles
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Aug 2016, 3:58 am

Well, I am basically dependent on alcohol to function in social situations, so I have developed quite a tolerance. One of the main reasons I am seeking a diagnosis as if people around me understood the problem a little, I could deal with it better sober.

InsomniaGrl
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 4:16 am

I have often drank of alcohol to function in social situations. I don't appear particularly drunk, you have to know me quite well to know i have been drinking. This is about 10-15 shots of vodka. I try to avoid drinking if possible though, as my stomach the next day feels like i have knives in it.

Froya
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2016, 4:37 am

Claradoon wrote:
My doctor said I could have one 12 oz. bottle of Lolita Sangria (0.5% alcohol content) per week. I did after supper, and woke in the hammock at dawn.

I never had another.

Ha ha "great" doctor (irony) :lol:

I tend to loose control when I drink, so it can be dangerous. Just talking to my neighbours can get me into trouble. And the horrible anxiety the next day can be unbearable.

jcfay
Raven
Raven

03 Aug 2016, 5:31 am

interesting discussion. as far as illicit substances are concerned, i used many of them in my much earlier life prior to being diagnosed. I didn't know what was wrong with me, but I felt horrible, and some of them helped me feel better (for a time, and others made me feel worse). Nowadays, I stay away from everything illicit (illegal), and only take what's prescribed for me, as those drugs help me enormously.

I think I also have a high tolerance for meds. Certainly local anesthetics, but for pain as well, and that's a problem. I stay away from alcohol nowadays too, as I tend to want to continue to drink after having a few, and it also makes me feel (further) out of control.

I guess bottom line for me now I stay away from them, as my sanity is somewhat delicately perched at this point since I'm recently diagnosed and on new meds without any additional interference from other drugs or alcohol. And even though you may not feel drunk after 1-2 drinks/hour, you certainly are, and certainly would test it if breathalized. So dear God don't drive. You probably already knew that, so apologies for the likely unnecessary reminer :)

Eclipse247
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Nov 2017, 7:13 pm

Personally, I find it affects me to behave in a bad way to the extent it has been involved in bad decision making and the loss of relationships. I react to it in the same way as some do to food additives. ie weird behaviour. It takes several days to leave my system. Therefore, a couple of beers every three days means my decision making is permanently affected to some extent. It is hard/impossible to undo the damage caused. I am not sure if its the alcohol or an alergy to something else in any alcoholic drink. I suggest Aspies monitor carefully how they feel for the days following a drink to see how long it takes before your nervous system returns fully to normal.