8 questions I don't know the answers to

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:13 pm

Can anyone answer any of these questions? It doesn't have to be all of them, even just one would be helpful. Thanks.

1. When you hear the blood in your ears, is that normal? I'm assuming it is but I just wanted to check that everyone gets that. And is it normal for it to be louder sometimes, or louder in one ear?

2. Why did I see my veins more clearly in my left arm and both of my hands today than usual? Does this just randomly happen to people now and then?

3. I am getting wisdom teeth and I keep biting my mouth accidentally at the back because I'm not used to it. Will this stop or do I have too many teeth in my mouth or something?

4. What do most girls talk about? I understand everyone is different, but what are you meant to talk about if you don't know someone that well but they're talking to you anyway?

5. If you go to buy a drink or something in the canteen at school/college and get to the till but no one is there, what are you supposed to do? Assuming there is no queue and no one seems to be around apart from people eating at tables etc.

6. Is it normal to feel like you have more than one personality? To have one main one which is you, but then several other which appear now and then. Not like multiple personalities though. Does everyone get this and does it go away as you get older?

7. Is it strange to stand waiting at the lights for the green man before you cross, even if there is no traffic around? I would like to do that usually to feel safer, but I panic, thinking it's stupid and just walk across anyway, sometimes without looking.

8. When walking somewhere, is it normal to walk on the side of the corridor/path that people drive on in that country? I walk on the left always, to avoid walking into people when I turn corners. But other people don't always seem to do this.

ExeterChris
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2007, 6:27 pm

1. I don't think I've ever heard blood in my ears.
3. I never had this problem. But I'd have thought you'd unconsciously learn to stop over time.
5. Personally? I'd wait until someone notices me. If this is based on a single incident, maybe they'd stopped serving food for the day?
7. A bit strange in the UK as (I think) you legallydon't have to wait. But I wait sometimes - I have been teased about it. But it's better to wait two minutes for the green light than to cross before and get hit by a bus.
8 I tend to walk on the left.

Is that any help?

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:30 pm

Thanks, that does help. :)

Avian
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 May 2007, 6:35 pm

Sopho wrote:
1. When you hear the blood in your ears, is that normal? I'm assuming it is but I just wanted to check that everyone gets that. And is it normal for it to be louder sometimes, or louder in one ear?

Tinnitus; mine varies, so I'm guessing (hoping) that's normal.

Quote:
3. I am getting wisdom teeth and I keep biting my mouth accidentally at the back because I'm not used to it. Will this stop or do I have too many teeth in my mouth or something?

I'd get 'em pulled; the normal number of teeth for an adult is 32, I have 23. (I still bite the inside of my mouth sometimes, though.)

TruenoBlues
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 6:37 pm

Sopho wrote:
Can anyone answer any of these questions? It doesn't have to be all of them, even just one would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Why did I see my veins more clearly in my left arm and both of my hands today than usual? Does this just randomly happen to people now and then?

4. What do most girls talk about? I understand everyone is different, but what are you meant to talk about if you don't know someone that well but they're talking to you anyway?

5. If you go to buy a drink or something in the canteen at school/college and get to the till but no one is there, what are you supposed to do? Assuming there is no queue and no one seems to be around apart from people eating at tables etc.

6. Is it normal to feel like you have more than one personality? To have one main one which is you, but then several other which appear now and then. Not like multiple personalities though. Does everyone get this and does it go away as you get older?

7. Is it strange to stand waiting at the lights for the green man before you cross, even if there is no traffic around? I would like to do that usually to feel safer, but I panic, thinking it's stupid and just walk across anyway, sometimes without looking.

8. When walking somewhere, is it normal to walk on the side of the corridor/path that people drive on in that country? I walk on the left always, to avoid walking into people when I turn corners. But other people don't always seem to do this.

I have the same thing. I'm assuming it is normal. But then again, I have REALLY sensitive hearing.

It's my guess that you probably held your hands lower than usual today, so the blood took longer to return to your heart (totally normal)

Again, me too. My dentist said that I should have them removed because of the pain that can come with it (They are not coming in like normal in the bottom, but I am not going in for surgery until it hurts).

I've no idea.

If there's a bell, ring it. If not, stop the first person you see wearing a uniform. Or wait.

I think it's more like a situational thing. I act different with different people.

Not really, mostly because I have NO FAITH in the people driving. Better safe than sorry.

I actually do the opposite. I walk on the left even though I am in America, where everyone walks and drives on the right. But that's because I think on the left.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:13 pm

Sopho wrote:

This is one of the great mysteries of all time. The rabbis have argued regarding this topic for centuries. Men are in awe of how women gab. I'll take some guesses:
other women
clothing
shoes
jewelry
men
soap operas
gossip
their 'feelings'
their bf's 'feelings'
television programmes
celebrities sex lives
their sex lives
people they despise sex lives
people they don't know sex lives
sex in general
shoes
clothing
fashions
Kate Moss

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:22 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
This is one of the great mysteries of all time. The rabbis have argued regarding this topic for centuries. Men are in awe of how women gab. I'll take some guesses:
other women
clothing
shoes
jewelry
men
soap operas
gossip
their 'feelings'
their bf's 'feelings'
television programmes
celebrities sex lives
their sex lives
sex in general
shoes
clothing
fashions
Kate Moss

:? Girls are confusing....

TG
Toucan
Toucan

05 May 2007, 7:29 pm

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
Sopho wrote:

other women
clothing
shoes
jewelry
men
soap operas
gossip
their 'feelings'
their bf's 'feelings'
television programmes
celebrities sex lives
their sex lives
sex in general
shoes
clothing
fashions
Kate Moss

I would assume that you're speaking of the mysteries surrounding NT women...
I usually end up talking about timber framing or cnc machines/programming... :roll:

krex
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 7:29 pm

1)I hear ringing and crickets in my ears....I think it is because I stood in front of loud speakers when I use to go see live music.

2)Have you had your blood pressure checked?I have this,only after doing physical exercise or using tools.

3)My dentist said my mouth was to small and I had them all pulled.I still bite the inside of my checks,sometimes....ouch.

4)Whatever their obsession is....usually other people or themselves,more then "ideas".That is just most of the women I have known and not the females on here....so it varies.

5)I have become more assertive as I hae gotten older.I used to just wait and end up leaving after being ignored(I am invisable to some people)....now,I will try and find someone who works there or even speak up sometimes.."Hello,anyone work here?".The last time this happened to me at CVS...I was not feeling assertive(tired afer a 12 hour work shift and stood there for several minustes...by the time I yelled at the guy ignoring me while stacking stuff behind the counter...I was really pissed and a bit rude(for me).

6)I know that I have different personality based on weither it is a "high" or "low" functioning day and I also have a different one based on if I am attracted to someone(shy and feel like a little girl?) and if I am in a new and scary environment(act more biligerent and aggressive)

7)I never wait for the lights...if no traffic is coming...I go.Only problem is judging how fast a car is coming and how long it will take them to get there.I usually side on thinking that they will get there before I have time to cross and always "jog" across,so they dont have to wait for me....I hate when people walk slow and hold up traffic,happens all the time in the city and is very rude.

8)On sidewalks I stay right and hug the wall....on the side of a road,it is better to walk into traffic and then with it, where someone can come up from behind and you not see them.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

twosheds
Raven
Raven

05 May 2007, 8:01 pm

Sopho wrote:

In the US there's a definite tendency for foot traffic to keep right. It's not an absolute rule -- foot traffic by its nature is far more fluid than automobile traffic -- but when there are two large crowds passing each other in a hallway, they'll usually pass on the right. I've often wondered if the opposite tendency existed in England.

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:37 pm

Yes that is normal and depends on the position of your head in relation to your heart (when you are lying down) and ambient noise. When you hear that, tell yourself "Oh! My heart is still beating! Yeah!"

IM experience, veins are more clearly visible in pale skin and when there is more muscle and in dependent, or hanging, extremities. Veins depend on valves and muscles around them to get the blood back up to the heart. If one hand is hanging down and not moving, the veins will quickly become distended.

Your body is still growing. See a dentist about whether you should have the teeth removed.

Ayup. Why don't you start a thread on this.

You should get checked out for hypochondria, my dear. I had it for a while, especially when I started my prenursing studies, so I know what it's liked. I freaked when I saw a mole on my toe and wasn't sure if it was new or not.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:45 pm

In 1997, I had a bad double ear infection, and I felt a whooshing sound in my ears. It was awful!

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:47 pm

aylissa wrote:

I might do that actually.

aylissa wrote:
You should get checked out for hypochondria, my dear. I had it for a while, especially when I started my prenursing studies, so I know what it's liked. I freaked when I saw a mole on my toe and wasn't sure if it was new or not.

I think I have been becoming a bit of a hypochondriac lately. Most of the time, I know in my head I'm not dying or anything, but I still need reassurance lol

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 8:49 pm

9CatMom wrote:
In 1997, I had a bad double ear infection, and I felt a whooshing sound in my ears. It was awful!

I had it really badly when I had an ear infection once as well, that was awful.

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:02 pm

TruenoBlues wrote:
Again, me too. My dentist said that I should have them removed because of the pain that can come with it (They are not coming in like normal in the bottom, but I am not going in for surgery until it hurts).

normally one doesn't need surgery to take them off.
Also, doctors usually remove them if they cause you lots of pain (the kind that won't let you sleep at night).

7.- if you don't see a car, cross girl, cross!

5.- if you don't see anyone, ask in a louder voice "helloo" or something like that. If no one is there, return and pay later.

4.-

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
celebrities sex lives

hehe, true :P
or celebrities lives in general
also:
nails
movies
other women

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:18 pm

Sopho wrote:
aylissa wrote:

I might do that actually.

Where did you start the thread, Sopho? I, too, know I have several that help me out when I need them. I started researching Dissociative Identity "disorder" and was amazed that other people had them all named and in catagories and sometimes had a 'group meeting'!

I started to think, Sopho, if I was Aspie, then THEY were all Aspie too, and didn't associate with each other socially, very well. We didn't have meetings and get all social with each other. We were mostly serial with one dominant personality at a time.
Start the thread, please. I have no idea what forum you would put it in.
Thank you,

Merle