8 questions I don't know the answers to

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:18 pm

Sopho wrote:
aylissa wrote:
6. Is it normal to feel like you have more than one personality? To have one main one which is you, but then several other which appear now and then. Not like multiple personalities though. Does everyone get this and does it go away as you get older?

Ayup. Why don't you start a thread on this.

I might do that actually.

Where did you start the thread, Sopho? I, too, know I have several that help me out when I need them. I started researching Dissociative Identity "disorder" and was amazed that other people had them all named and in catagories and sometimes had a 'group meeting'!

I started to think, Sopho, if I was Aspie, then THEY were all Aspie too, and didn't associate with each other socially, very well. We didn't have meetings and get all social with each other. We were mostly serial with one dominant personality at a time.
Start the thread, please. I have no idea what forum you would put it in.
Thank you,

Merle

Gilb
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 4:52 am

Sopho wrote:
Can anyone answer any of these questions? It doesn't have to be all of them, even just one would be helpful. Thanks.

1. When you hear the blood in your ears, is that normal? I'm assuming it is but I just wanted to check that everyone gets that. And is it normal for it to be louder sometimes, or louder in one ear?

i wouldn't say it is, i don't
Sopho wrote:
2. Why did I see my veins more clearly in my left arm and both of my hands today than usual? Does this just randomly happen to people now and then?

it depends alot on circulation and it can fluctuate form time to time
Sopho wrote:
3. I am getting wisdom teeth and I keep biting my mouth accidentally at the back because I'm not used to it. Will this stop or do I have too many teeth in my mouth or something?

i can't answer that one because i have an unusual jaw, i have wide gaps in my teeth (so wide i don't need to floss regularly) and i still have my milk teeth at the age of 17
Sopho wrote:
4. What do most girls talk about? I understand everyone is different, but what are you meant to talk about if you don't know someone that well but they're talking to you anyway?

please if you get the answer to this TELL ME!! !!
i am sick of being single and every time i ask my mates what to talk about when talking to girls they say "anything" and i have doubts that i could chat up a girl when talking about RAM.
if i knew that i would chisel it into stone and pass it down father to son (mainly because that information enabled me to have a son)
Sopho wrote:
5. If you go to buy a drink or something in the canteen at school/college and get to the till but no one is there, what are you supposed to do? Assuming there is no queue and no one seems to be around apart from people eating at tables etc.

RUN WITHOUT PAYING!! !! !! ! :P :P :P :P :P
no seriously i have no idea but i guess waiting is the only answer
Sopho wrote:
6. Is it normal to feel like you have more than one personality? To have one main one which is you, but then several other which appear now and then. Not like multiple personalities though. Does everyone get this and does it go away as you get older?

i have 3 personalities:
1)geeky gilb
2)crazy gilb
3)idiot gilb
and they switch alot
Sopho wrote:
7. Is it strange to stand waiting at the lights for the green man before you cross, even if there is no traffic around? I would like to do that usually to feel safer, but I panic, thinking it's stupid and just walk across anyway, sometimes without looking.

yes it is
Sopho wrote:
8. When walking somewhere, is it normal to walk on the side of the corridor/path that people drive on in that country? I walk on the left always, to avoid walking into people when I turn corners. But other people don't always seem to do this.

i don't but i went to a school once that literally painted lanes to make people do that
but no i don't

i have a question now:
is it normal to have some Phlegm in the back of your throat, every time i go to parties i wash my mouth 3 times to get rid of it but then it somehow comes back in the back of my throat

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

06 May 2007, 4:57 am

Sopho wrote:
1. When you hear the blood in your ears, is that normal? I'm assuming it is but I just wanted to check that everyone gets that. And is it normal for it to be louder sometimes, or louder in one ear?

The whooshing could be due to several things mentioned by other members. It could also be caused by inflammation of the neck joints and muscles irritating the major arteries to your brain. Have you had neck pain? Maybe you need to do some neck stretches.

Sopho wrote:
2. Why did I see my veins more clearly in my left arm and both of my hands today than usual? Does this just randomly happen to people now and then?

My veins pop out more after exercising. Are you left handed? Maybe you've been writing a lot.

Sopho wrote:
3. I am getting wisdom teeth and I keep biting my mouth accidentally at the back because I'm not used to it. Will this stop or do I have too many teeth in my mouth or something?

This is probably due to the inflammation around your gums. Have you been to the dentist?

Sopho wrote:
4. What do most girls talk about? I understand everyone is different, but what are you meant to talk about if you don't know someone that well but they're talking to you anyway?

Most girls talk about boring stuff like shopping, fashion, diets. It took me years to find friends on my wavelength. We talk about gardening, our chooks, the environment.

Sopho wrote:
5. If you go to buy a drink or something in the canteen at school/college and get to the till but no one is there, what are you supposed to do? Assuming there is no queue and no one seems to be around apart from people eating at tables etc.

I call out "Excuse me! Could somebody serve me?"

Sopho wrote:

I have different personalites: Mum personality, Friend personality, Professional personality. One of my friends who visited me at work saw me talking to my patients. She said my posture and voice were different to when I'm around friends. She called it my 'professional mask'

Sopho wrote:
7. Is it strange to stand waiting at the lights for the green man before you cross, even if there is no traffic around? I would like to do that usually to feel safer, but I panic, thinking it's stupid and just walk across anyway, sometimes without looking.

I make my kids wait for the green man. I'm trying to teach them to be safe.

Sopho wrote:
8. When walking somewhere, is it normal to walk on the side of the corridor/path that people drive on in that country? I walk on the left always, to avoid walking into people when I turn corners. But other people don't always seem to do this.

I walk on the left, but not everybody does. There are always people who hog the corridor.

Smelena
Cure Neurotypicals Now!
Cure Neurotypicals Now!

06 May 2007, 5:00 am

Quote:
is it normal to have some Phlegm in the back of your throat, every time i go to parties i wash my mouth 3 times to get rid of it but then it somehow comes back in the back of my throat

Normal healthy lungs produce 1/2 cup phlegm per day. Phlegm is all the bits of bacteria/dust that you have inhaled combined with the white blood cells that have mopped them up.

Most people clear there throat during the day and swallow it without being aware of it.

Probably before parties you are nervous and breathing faster and deeper bringing more up.

You should move to Australia - Aussie males love a good session of expectoration to prove their manliness.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:39 am

I don't.

It sometimes happens, that's perfectly normal.

I heard that quite a lot of people have their wisdom teeth removed. You should ask your dentist.

That depends on the personality and interests of the girl you are talking to. If you are unsure, you could listen first and wait what topic the other girl brings up. Usually, girls tend to talk a lot, so if you listen to them carefully it's not that difficult.

A loud "helloooo?" usually solves that problem.

Not sure. As a kid, I used to have another personality, who was male. It went away at some point.

I usually walk across, but only with looking. It isn't strange to wait either, so it's your decision.

8. When walking somewhere, is it normal to walk on the side of the corridor/path that people drive on in that country? I walk on the left always, to avoid walking into people when I turn corners. But other people don't always seem to do this.[/quote]

Actually, most people do that. It isn't strange at all, though of course not everybody does it.

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 5:59 am

sinsboldly wrote:

Where did you start the thread, Sopho?

I just started one now, it's here.