Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

unnamed
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 May 2007, 9:03 am

HolyDiver wrote:
I remember I had my german teacher translate a song for me... and when we found out it was about something quite horrible (I believe the song was tier) I got detention.

Ramnstein owes me for one hour of my life.

HAHA!!

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 6:55 pm

Likho wrote:
Du verstehe nicht, Veresae? Du sollst Deutsch lehrnen... Das ist sehr schoen Sprache... ;)
Hehe... you're funny :D

Meine Schlagsahne ist auf dem Fahrrad. Es gibt Fische in der Bibliothek. Danke für das Schlagen. Guten Tag. :)

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:13 am

Veresae wrote:
HolyDiver wrote:
I remember I had my german teacher translate a song for me... and when we found out it was about something quite horrible (I believe the song was tier) I got detention.

What was the song about? o.O

I believe at least one of their songs is relates the cannible killing in Germany where a guy put in an ad to be eaten alive, also the name "Rammstien" is the name of a city or something where a plane crashed or some other major tragedy, they're also thought to be Nazis especially because of the Album Herzeleid, and they're blamed for some terrorist attack in Russia because apparently the terrorists were fans.

I went on a bit of a tangent there but you can see how they have a fairly vibrant history. :?

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

violentcloud
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 1:38 am

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Veresae wrote:
HolyDiver wrote:

I believe at least one of their songs is relates the cannible killing in Germany where a guy put in an ad to be eaten alive, also the name "Rammstien" is the name of a city or something where a plane crashed or some other major tragedy, they're also thought to be Nazis especially because of the Album Herzeleid, and they're blamed for some terrorist attack in Russia because apparently the terrorists were fans.

I went on a bit of a tangent there but you can see how they have a fairly vibrant history. :?

First of all, "Mein Teil" is about the Cannibal Armin Meiwes (and if you ask me, it's one of their best songs). Secondly, the song "Rammstein" is about the tragedy at the Rammstein airbase. Third item; it's not the content of Herzeleid that faced the Nazi accusations, but the album art, as it supposedly portrays the band as "poster boys for a master race". Can't remember what I'm quoting there... an interview with Flake, I think.

On a side note, try playing the video to "Mein Teil" at double speed in Quicktime. The increased speed and pitch leaves you with a rather amusing take on the song :P I keep meaning to use it as a soundtrack to one of my videos. Note that it won't work if you use the mp3 rather than the video, as the pitch balances itself.

By the way, you can get translations of their lyrics here -
http://herzeleid.com/
Plus a rather snazzy Rammstein font. I use it constantly (when I'm not using the Transformers font... but to be honest, they're practically identical).

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 2:28 am

violentcloud wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
Veresae wrote:
HolyDiver wrote:

First of all, "Mein Teil" is about the Cannibal Armin Meiwes (and if you ask me, it's one of their best songs). Secondly, the song "Rammstein" is about the tragedy at the Rammstein airbase. Third item; it's not the content of Herzeleid that faced the Nazi accusations, but the album art, as it supposedly portrays the band as "poster boys for a master race". Can't remember what I'm quoting there... an interview with Flake, I think.

On a side note, try playing the video to "Mein Teil" at double speed in Quicktime. The increased speed and pitch leaves you with a rather amusing take on the song :P I keep meaning to use it as a soundtrack to one of my videos. Note that it won't work if you use the mp3 rather than the video, as the pitch balances itself.

By the way, you can get translations of their lyrics here -
http://herzeleid.com/
Plus a rather snazzy Rammstein font. I use it constantly (when I'm not using the Transformers font... but to be honest, they're practically identical).

I'm so bad with names. I didn't know there was a song about it, I thought it was just the name referencing it. I know that. Just in case you thought otherwise, I wasn't saying that any of the songs actually gave out those particular messages (Except where specified), I was just indicating how contraversial they are in Germany, so maybe it wasn't the lyrics that set the Teacher off.

I wish I could be bothered doing that. :P

I don't even like Rammstien all that much.

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 6:10 am

I love Rammstein.

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2007, 4:10 pm

i like rosenrot
the song
but other than that rammstein bores me

if they spoke english that band wouldnt be anywhere near as popular in america as they are

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2007, 4:12 pm

Who gives a sh*t how popular they are? They're awesome whether their lyrics are German or English. I like every one of their albums.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 7:38 am

superunknown wrote:
i like rosenrot
the song

if they spoke english that band wouldnt be anywhere near as popular in america as they are

They do speak english, some of their songs are written in it.

We're all living in America
Coca-Cola, Sometimes War
America, America!

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2007, 9:20 am

Deus_ex_machina wrote:
superunknown wrote:
i like rosenrot
the song

Coca-Cola, Sometimes War
America, America!

ok ok
i should have worded that differently
i should hyave said that if they didnt speak german they wouldnt be as popular in america as they are

and i personally couldnt give a sh*t how popular they are
i just noticed that the fact that they speak german is a major contributing factor as to why they enjoy the success that they do overseas

idk i just dont find anything special about rammstein they have catchy hooks sometimes and some of their songs are heavy enough for me but other than that i dont see why rammstein is any better than all the other cookie cutter "heavy" bands that they play on the radio now

oh wait.....is it because they speak german?

superunknown
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

09 May 2007, 9:26 am

and i just realized after i posted that that it comes off as sounding pretty mean
thats not the tone in which i wrote it

i was just expressing my opinion on rammstein if you dont agree then post your opinion but lets not turn this into an argument

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2007, 9:30 am

superunknown wrote:
Deus_ex_machina wrote:
superunknown wrote:
i like rosenrot
the song

Coca-Cola, Sometimes War
America, America!

ok ok
i should have worded that differently
i should hyave said that if they didnt speak german they wouldnt be as popular in america as they are

and i personally couldnt give a sh*t how popular they are
i just noticed that the fact that they speak german is a major contributing factor as to why they enjoy the success that they do overseas

idk i just dont find anything special about rammstein they have catchy hooks sometimes and some of their songs are heavy enough for me but other than that i dont see why rammstein is any better than all the other cookie cutter "heavy" bands that they play on the radio now

oh wait.....is it because they speak german?

How so? Why should German be popular with people?

How would you know how it contributes? Because the band sounds angry when they sing?

They aren't "cookie cutter", they play a particular brand of German Heavy Metal/Rock, and they have a wide variety of influences outside of this particular brand of music.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neue_Deutsche_H%C3%A4rte

agentcyclosarin
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 7:11 am

unnamed wrote:
agentcyclosarin wrote:
mmm Rammstein.
Rammstein is sometimes funny to listen to because even though you know its in german you can sometimes mishear things in english.

Yeah, I speak German, and it sounds like ret*d English! Sorry, Germans. I like Rammstein, they're funny.

Perhaps because English is strongly based off German.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 12:05 pm

I've started to get into Rammstein.

They're good. 8) :)

Sopho
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2007, 12:06 pm

Alternative wrote:
I've started to get into Rammstein.