Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 9:30 pm

I only like watching the local forecasts.

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:14 pm

I don't get that channel anymore, but sometimes I like to go on the Weather Channel website and check the temperatures in random cities around the world.

werbert
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:16 pm

I used to love to watch it all the time, probably because it was nice and predictable, and the forecasters spoke in such calming voices, and it was very informative. Plus, I was obsessed with weather back then.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2007, 10:38 pm

So it's true Werbert you are a weather whore!

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2007, 11:37 pm

I love The Weather Channel!! !! ! I hate when I don't have access to it. I watch it everymorning to know what the weather will be like for the day.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 1:07 am

I love the Weather Channel!! !

So when do they get their first sitcom? :lol:

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

06 May 2007, 11:40 am

I used to watch it all the time when I was 10.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 1:04 pm

I don't watch it as often as I used to, since I mainly go to www.wunderground.com to get my weather information.

I view both TWC and Weather Underground more extensively during the summer, since I live on the Gulf Coast and hurricane season often has me edgy (ever since Katrina devastated New Orleans, and Rita narrowly missed Houston--the evacuation from Rita took 19 hours for me).

The ironic part is that I will be relocating to Wichita Falls, which is on the Texas-Oklahoma state line. I will be away from the hurricanes, but end up near the heart of Tornado Alley.

Tim

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 2:19 pm

roygerdodger wrote:
I only like watching the local forecasts.

Yes, I like the Weather Channel-though it used to be better, less ads or the ones they had were for less jarringly-pitched products. Used to have restful, low-key ads, nowadays they've got things all hyped-up.
Favorite part is "local on the eights", with the new-agey elevator music (which I like, at least in this context). The only extreme weather where I live is snow & wind-can deal with those, I wouldn't be able to handle living somewhere at risk for other types of intense/dangerous weather events.

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2007, 3:49 pm

In Canada, we have our own cable weather service, The Weather Network. And I love watching it.

... especially when Anne-Marie Sweeney is on. :P

tam1klt2
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2007, 10:37 pm

I only check it for weather (if I'm to lazy to check the internet).

But, my DH on the other hand loves the weather channel. He watches it frequently just to watch I think. :lol:

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 6:58 pm

I used to be obsessed with the Weather channel when I was a kid, it kept me glued to the TV screen. 24/7 it had nothing but weather or at least a show about weather. Since the mid 2000s it has really deviated from weather to where today most content on weather.com and much of the channel isn't even about the weather and today I now use the National Weather Service to get national weather. From naming storms to the conflict with DirectTV it's shown itself to be a joke these days.

AdamAutistic
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2014, 7:27 pm

i use the weather channel app

WAautisticguy
Toucan
Toucan

15 Apr 2014, 11:04 pm

I used to watch TWC when I was a young kid (from about 4-8, about 2002-05) and watch the Local on the 8s, and a little bit of Dave Schwartz when he was doing the forecasts. Oh, and Evening Edition as well. That was back when TWC was all weather except for a Storm Stories episode here and there in filler. I remember one evening I stayed up until about 1AM watching TWC - I think it was a Saturday and "Weekend Outlook" was the 1AM/4AM ET show. Sometime in that block was "The Weather Classroom" but I was too tired to stay up anymore than that! I lived in Snohomish County, WA at that time and I think our WeatherStar XL/Intellistar was Everett. I also liked going to my grandmother's house in King County (digital cable) and getting to see Weatherscan as well. Didn't get Weatherscan full time until about 2007. Now I don't care about TWC because of the stupid reality programming they have. It's disgusting what happened to that great network.

justkillingtime
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2014, 3:54 pm

I loved TWC years ago when it was just weather. Now, not only are there reality shows but the weather consists of reruns of interviewing people. Direct TV now has Weather Nation which is only weather and I love it.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2014, 6:00 am

When it was all about the weather, yes.

Now that it's more about entertaining, no.