Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PurplePlumz
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2018, 3:40 pm

Yes.

I generally don't like commentaries though. I used to watch the Angry Video Game Nerd all the time. Game Grumps was also good... until JonTron left.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2018, 4:41 pm

saxgeek wrote:
Do you like to watch videos of other people playing a video game and going through all the challenges? I like actually playing the games more, but I sometimes like seeing someone else play a game to see how they did a certain thing, or see them fail miserably on a challenging part of the game. I used to watch Chuggaaconroy a lot because he'd play some of my favorite games and fail in very hilarious ways. Episode 30 of his Super Mario Sunshine playthrough is one of my favorites.

Not really, if I get stuck in a game I might look up a video to see what I am supposed to do but that is about it. Also I have watched some of the League of Legends world championship games and some interesting stuff can certainly happen. But even that gets a bit boring, I still much prefer to just play the game than watch it being played.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Aug 2018, 9:43 pm

I like watching just to see reactions to certain moments in games, or to see how they overcome challenges. They're generally good to gauge the human factor that games can induce, which is likely why they're so popular.

I still watch Best Friends Play because they're self-proclaimed idiots and it's really amusing to see. I also like Super Gaming Bros.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2018, 3:05 pm

I watch the Doom playthroughs by Major Arlene from time to time. Some of the stuff she chooses is interesting for being little-known, and the gameplay is quite entertaining because she's not the greatest player in the world, though a lot better than she used to be. She uses some kind of regeneration device (from the console?) when she gets killed, thus avoiding restarts and keeping things moving.

Almajo88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2018, 5:57 pm

Mythos wrote:
I like watching just to see reactions to certain moments in games, or to see how they overcome challenges. They're generally good to gauge the human factor that games can induce, which is likely why they're so popular.

I still watch Best Friends Play because they're self-proclaimed idiots and it's really amusing to see. I also like Super Gaming Bros.

I really like seeing how someone else plays a game that I'm familiar with. Usually I put LPs on as background noise for the commentary but seeing, for example, how someone else deals with something in a Dark Souls or Bloodborne is great.

BFP is good but they're so goddamn dumb sometimes. Their Detroit LP was painful because they kept having the dumbest things handed to them and not responding.

Mythos
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2018, 10:22 pm

Almajo88 wrote:
Mythos wrote:

BFP is good but they're so goddamn dumb sometimes. Their Detroit LP was painful because they kept having the dumbest things handed to them and not responding.

That's very true. That's kind of what I find amusing about them, though; they'll often overlook small things and it's entertaining to see them realise it far later on when it's pointed out to them. I haven't seen the Detroit LP yet though because I really want to play it myself first.

Biskit69
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2018, 11:44 pm

I like Pewdiepie, Videogamedunkey, KSI, Comedyshortsgamer, etc. I only like to watch them if the commentator is funny and entertaining

structrix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2018, 1:29 pm

I don't. I would much rather be playing the game than watch someone else play. Drives me nuts!

I am an Aspie!
Diagnosed as an adult

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2018, 9:32 pm

saxgeek wrote:
Do You Like To Watch Let's Plays?

No. I prefer to watch reviews.